UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens73

I have to say I'm disappointed that there is no radio coverage of the club games in Ulster today, it has been on every other year. I was hoping to hear coverage of the Antrim Hurling Final but Gardeners' corners phone in is on instead.To find that Sunday Sportsound is not on in any guise, neither in the afternoon, or a results service after the six o'clock news is very disappointing, at an important stage of the GAA club season.

orangeman

Let's stop taling about it and instead do something about it !

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on October 07, 2007, 07:16:49 PM

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Good man Ziggy - that's a start !

glens73

Quote from: orangeman on October 07, 2007, 07:16:49 PM

I've sent them an e-mail to complain, whether it gets a reply I don't know.

orangeman

You'll get a reply alright - a bullshit one ! I'm told they have a prepared statement for fenian GAA followers !

whiskeysteve

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2007, 03:55:56 AM
Posted by whiskeysteve:
QuoteThis is what I sent:

Why is the GAA coverage so sparse on UTV, when it is the most popular spectator sport in Northern Ireland? The news bulletins are so brief as to be ridiculous. Could you also explain why your channel dedicates more time to showing the GAA in a negative light (last nights Spotlight) than it does on big matches (which up to 80,000 people attend)
It was on insight, numbnuts.

Like it makes a big difference, you nerd
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

5 Sams

Good Morning Ulster had Mayobridge winning the Down Championship at qtr past 7 this morning. By qtr past 8 the scoreline had changed after a few text messages from Longstone :o :o
The Aristocrat Years

Bogball XV

According to Gaelic Life the only Ulster Club match that will get any radio coverage is the Ulster final - at this stage even I'm starting to think that there's more than just paranoia here!

ziggysego

Did anyone else see UTV Live on Friday.. I think it was?

Did you feel that they were making a big song and dance about the fact that Marty Clarke supports Norn Iron over RoI? It was a report about his first year down under.
Testing Accessibility

bloody mary

10 thousand at casement yesterday but bbc didn't even carry a result until radio this morning. sunday radio has vanished! they have shut down and let down all the people at county finals. they used to have reports and interviews on these games, for years. who made this decision? its obviously something they have thought about. no problem there with insulting gaa folk. are they stupid or just ignorant? all the irish league games were on the same radio station on saturday for hours, including a ridiculous phone-in with about 5 eejits. oh and glentoran had a 'party' yesterday. were bbc television there? oh yes. where they at all the irish league games on saturday adn willl they be before the gaelic report on tv tonight? as usual...

never kickt a ball

UTV did an excellent piece on Friday night on ex-GAA player Martin Clarke, although Martin had to profess his love for the Northern Ireland soccer team as part of the piece.

http://u.tv/utvlive_stream/asx/20071005-hi.asx

Bensars

Tune into radio ulster this saturday between 3 and 5. ( Full match commentaries , Reports and updates from  soccer grounds all over the place. Total attendence wouldnt be much over 20,000 IMO )

Tune into radio ulster this Sunday between 3 and 5. ( Some county finals )

Compare and contrast.  You wont believe until youve actually compared the depth of coverage

Gnevin

How many clubs games has rte/tg4/others shown ?  RTE/TG4/others have shown 0 and reported on 0 as far as i know so it no just a UTV/BBC issue 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gnevin on October 09, 2007, 09:33:48 AM
How many clubs games has rte/tg4/others shown ?  RTE/TG4/others have shown 0 and reported on 0 as far as i know so it no just a UTV/BBC issue 

TG4 have showed club finals live for two weeks in a row Gnevin, last week was the Armagh final (I think this was followed by deferred full coverage of another) then Sunday gone was the Sligo final live then deferred full coverage of the Down Final.
They are planning live finals most weeks with full deferred matches too, fair play to them.

These are also being replayed on Setanta during the week.
Ask me holy bollix