UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

On UTV Teletext they have reported that Crossmaglen defeated DROMINTEE in the County Final.  They even mentioned Dromintee player Ciaran McKinney.  How can they possibly have got this wrong.  Someone previously mentioned on this thread that UTV teletext must be doing it on purpose.  On Saturday they announced that GLEN were going for there 12th title in a row.  I think they are taking the piss!

lynchbhoy

there is the issue about the intentional non-reporting of gaelic games on bbc and utv - its a bit of a disgrace, but we are used to it by now

the other aspect if the actual reporting of the games. The standard of journalism is dreadful these days.
wrong names, incorrect teams, lack of knowledge of the championships and lets not mention the history of each local county championship and the incorrectness in almost every reference.
This is across the board for south and northern hacks, tv 'pundits' and people who you would expect to know better.

look at rte's match commentators - they are so unprofessional and lacking knowledge of sports they are paid to cover - and have been for nigh on a decade if not longer in some cases. Its almost funny.
Its not just GAA in these cases of bad commentators.

but rte are bad , bbc and utv are a pathetic disgrace

Tyrone Dreamer

Get ready for a bit more GAA bashing tonight with utv insight about Darran Graham getting sectarian abuse. As Ive said constantly if the gaa isnt interesting enough for these guys to cover in any form then how come when there is something negative they are on it like a shot? Id say the insight programme tonight will devote more time to the gaa on utv than it has had over the past year. Thats a disgrace.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ExiledGael

Well lads any insights?? I'm far away from the world of UTV, is it as bad as feared?

pintsofguinness

Mainly a load of shite, nothing that hasn't already been said.

orangeman

I'll tell you what - I'm sick, sore and tired of listening to and now watching this shite !!!! UTV, BBC they're all the same - a shower of shite !!!!!!!!!!

orangeman

A bunldle of bigoted assholes - what about all the catholics palying soccer who are called Fenian bastards -week in week out !! There's not too many programmes devoted to that - it;s ok to have a dig at the GAA all the time - I'm raging !!!

pintsofguinness

Boots going in now...

Fermanagh board wouldn't do interview, wouldn't punish anyone.

Cloc Mor

What a load of dung

orangeman

We all should write to UTV and accuse them of bigotry - that programme msade by blood boil - I'm no bigot but the attcks on the GAA in the northern media are scandalous - totally outrageous !!!!!!!!

ziggysego

I thought the programme itself was well balance and Brennan gave a good account of the GAA. I'd still question the motive though.
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

30 minutes - that is definately the most coverage theyve given the gaa in a year. The comments were completely out of order by the players involved and its important this kind of rubbish is stamped out.  However, players up and down the country get crap every week about all sorts of nasty things by fired up opposition in gaa games. I wouldnt be suprised if the comments were more about winning the game than sectarian. Im quite sure there's alot more abuse being given out in soccer matches this last 10 years and not a word about it from bbc/utv. Its time for the gaa to release a statement about the nothern media and give some facts about the amount of coverage the games get (ie no coverage all year on utv) compared to negative news stories. The gaa could have a field day if it compared its attendances members etc against the coverage it receives by local broadcasters compared to other local sports. Time to take a stand.

orangeman

Tyrone dreamer - agree with you 100 % -

Ziggy - I can't agree with you that the programme was balanced - for there to have been balance they  would have had to wheel out a catholic who gets called a fenian bastard when playing soccer ( which has happened and does happen ) -
There was no balance in this programme - it was just another kick at the GAA !

Again, I'm sick of it !!

pintsofguinness

Orangeman you could start by having a word with your county man, what a f**king bollocks!
At least Quinn does his best on the BBC.