UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

I really think someone in utv is taking the mickey. Ive said before about them deliberately putting up wrong names for gaa people on teltext and calling players strikers/wingers etc. Last night on their main news headline they said Brendan McAnnallan was calling for screening in the gaa. They said his son Conor who was a gaa coach had died suddenly. I find it hard to believe that they didnt know the right name and that he was better known as a player. Even if they didnt know the name could have been checked out within one minute before putting it up. Surely if you were writing the main story for teletext you'd check what you writing? These mistakes are either deliberate or its a real sign of ignorance by not checking the facts. Whoever is in charge of sport has to know their are no wingers or strikers in the gaa yet they seem to put it in most sports stories.

redandblackjack

Did anyone else notice how the newsreaders on both channels when reporting on the funeral of young Patrick Devlin constantly kept making idiotic statements like "the Tyrone teenager collapsed and died while playing GAA"-   this happened a few times if i remember correctly! My first impression was this is a piss take.....surely they could get logie off his arse to ensure what they are reading is indeed correct!

It will be interesting to see what airtime these jokers give to the norn iron brawlers on the plane! If it had been a county player it would surely be a front runner for the 'but first' piece of the news.

behind the wire

my thoughts exactly jack
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

ziggysego

Quote from: redandblackjack on September 13, 2007, 03:52:31 PM
It will be interesting to see what airtime these jokers give to the norn iron brawlers on the plane! If it had been a county player it would surely be a front runner for the 'but first' piece of the news.

In fairness, there's a bigger, more important news story today.
Testing Accessibility

jodyb

Quote from: ziggysego on September 13, 2007, 04:11:49 PM

Jus watched UTV live. Hardly a word about the 'Alleged' (logie's word) brawl. Barefaced bias!! Dunno why I'm surprised

ziggysego

Quote from: jodyb on September 13, 2007, 06:32:24 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 13, 2007, 04:11:49 PM

Jus watched UTV live. Hardly a word about the 'Alleged' (logie's word) brawl. Barefaced bias!! Dunno why I'm surprised

I got to admit jodyb, the overdid the word alleged there, when even the IFA have admitted it happened. Made me angry to be quite honest wth you. At least the BBC didn't try that pussy-footing.
Testing Accessibility

uselessfootballer

Heard a report on radio ulster this morning about a vandalism attack on a hotel in Portaferry called the Narrows, all the ground floor windows were broken overnight.

When discussing events with the owner the interview asked "was it likely that hurley sticks were used in the attack to break the windows".

The owner had more sense and said she had no such info, but in listening to the interview I wasn't even suprised when the interviewer suggested hurleys were used, it was just lazy word association journalism... Portaferry + Vandalism = hurley sticks

hoopsaaa

We should all boycott them. No more Neighbours for you Ziggy :(

pintsofguinness

QuoteWhen discussing events with the owner the interview asked "was it likely that hurley sticks were used in the attack to break the windows".

Anyone that asks that question should be sacked.

Reminds me, someone I know went for interview recently and were stunned when they were  asked "what do you think of the police"  :o

great to see discrimination is alive and well. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

Quote"what do you think of the police"

Great band, but the tickets for the Croke Pk gig are seriously expensive  :)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

jodyb

Wouldn have a problem with that. Both bits of soccer trivia are reasonably accurate arent they? In fact, I'm surprised to see as in depth coverage of the actual games to be honest. Lets have more of it!!

jodyb

Not sure what your point is Naomh Eanna. I dont see the issue.

jodyb

Im delighted that there's somebody more paranoid than me out there! Havin said that, regardless of the beeb, it's immaterial who wins Tyrone, The Shamrocks are gonna win Derry and Ulster anyway ;)

KIDDO

Would Francie Mooney be the main source for the BBC internet and teletext coverage.

ziggysego

I can see the problem. The Gaelic article is littered with comments about the two players playing in the IFA, however nothing about them playing Gaelic in their IFA article.

Still, it wouldn't be the first thing that would annoy me with the BBC ;)
Testing Accessibility