UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: Any craic on September 15, 2013, 10:15:10 PM
Pretty poor form on here in the last 24 hours from a few of you. Saffrongael certainly overstepped the mark. His cheap shot wasn't the first one. He also had one at me last month, for no apparent reason. Of course you let these things go, most of the time, but his post today was against the spirit of this Board. If you're going to name people then let's name everyone. Come to think of it, that might be interesting. For example, there have people having digs at me, defending the BBC and sounding knowledgeable about terms like regional/national broadcasting. Now I wonder who would have an agenda like that on a GAA Board?!

If you're referring to me, you're definitely barking up the wrong tree. I've one the most transparenf identities on the board, and my only agenda is to help stop people pushing nonsense as fact on the Internet, and I'm failing badly.

ONeill

Quote from: Any craic on September 15, 2013, 10:19:01 PM
BTW O'Neill I apologise if I'm wrong. I did say that I'm not as keen a follower as I was, so maybe I'm not up-to-date, which isn't to admit that I've 'flipped' or 'gone mad', thank you, just not up to speed.

Fair enough, I wasn't literally speaking.

I'm sure you know a lot more about their bigotry towards the GAA and are wise enough not to put it on here.

But, to be fair to them, they give the inter-county season plenty of air time (in my opinion).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

Any craic the bbc ni are a regional broadcaster. The politics of it are neither here nor there. It's a fact.

You do a good job at what you do and publicise the gaa well -no one is questioning that -but you have quite clearly lost any objectivity on this debate.

You are now claiming it is personalised. Only one person had that dig at you- saffrongael. No one else.

omagh_gael

Poor form Sludden, that's completely uncalled for.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Saffrongael & Sludden fully deserving of such a sanction.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

On another note, is the MacRory final the only provincial college final shown live?

qubdub

This whole regional/local argument is daft to be honest. The BBC NI news certainly isn't done on a 'regional' basis. More than enough news items are reported on that are of no regional interest or significance. Yet when 4,000 odd souls gather for a sporting event on Friday night in Armagh it doesn't warrant a mention, despite it involving one of the best GAA club sides of the modern era? Pull the other one boys.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: GAAboardmod1 on September 15, 2013, 11:47:30 PM
Revealing a posters real name is a 15 day ban. I am not comfortable with the way this debate is being drawn out.

Any craic has never made a secret of who he is. 90% of his posts are links to either his facebook page or his website. You wouldn't need to be Jackie Fullerton to work out who he is.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

armaghniac

I think the 'big' coverage of the BBC is often excellent. The 'small' mentions seem uneven. I suspect this may at least in part reflect a view of GAA as of great interest to some people, but of little general interest.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

All of a Sludden

Quote from: armaghniac on September 16, 2013, 12:30:18 AM
I think the 'big' coverage of the BBC is often excellent. The 'small' mentions seem uneven. I suspect this may at least in part reflect a view of GAA as of great interest to some people, but of little general interest.

I was at a Louth senior championship game this evening. It won't get a mention on RTE tomorrow. Should I complain?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

ONeill

Quote from: All of a Sludden on September 16, 2013, 12:25:45 AM
Revealing a posters real name is a 15 day ban. I am not comfortable with the way this debate is being drawn out.

Any craic has never made a secret of who he is. 90% of his posts are links to either his facebook page or his website. You wouldn't need to be Jackie Fullerton to work out who he is.

So do you want a bone or certificate? What's your point?

Redhand Santa

To me the news coverage including the Saturday sport on bbc1 isn't balanced. If you compared the time devoted to gaa compared to other sports it would be very low. It's obvious in the run up to big games. Big ulster or Ireland rugby games or ni soccer ones have build up all week. The all Ireland semi final involving tyrone and mayo which attracted 65000 only got a mention on the Friday.

Also the big club championship games attracting 1000s would in my opinion have more interest than an average Irish league game with a few hundred at it. The competitions also lead directly to the ulster and all Ireland series which removes the national or regional thing which was a weak argument anyway.

Not to mention the all Ireland hurling final is also a disgrace given the interest it generates across the country. I wonder would they have mentioned if Munster or Leinster were in the European cup final in rugby. Or if Celtic were in the champions legal final. Also Antrim take part in the competition so there is northern interest in it and given that its the final of a 32 county organisation which creates such interest it deserves a mention.

Redhand Santa

Another thing that annoys me is that if there'd been a fight at the cross game it would have moved from having no coverage to being top of the sports news.

Tony Baloney

Even when the poster makes no secret of their real name?

theticklemister

Quote from: All of a Sludden on September 16, 2013, 12:25:45 AM

I reckon Drici is Jackie Fullerton cause does all the latest scores.