UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Quote from: thewobbler on July 21, 2008, 10:19:28 PM
I'd have to agree that Sidey's attempts to add humour to the proceedings are unnecessary and unwelcome.

Someone should start a bring back Jimmy Smyth campaign!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Lecale2

What about a "Bring back Jackie Fullerton" campaign?

Our Nail Loney

Benny Tierney was funny enough getting interviewed at half time

Fuzzman

So am I right to say the TV3 are showing the Tyrone v Westmeath game but no-one is showing the Ulster final or is there a small chnace that the BBC will come in at the last minute and show the replay.

If the Tyrone match is on at 3pm will they have a full hour of analysis before and after the game as the program is on from 2pm to 5.10pm?

blasmere

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 24, 2008, 02:03:16 PM
So am I right to say the TV3 are showing the Tyrone v Westmeath game but no-one is showing the Ulster final or is there a small chnace that the BBC will come in at the last minute and show the replay.

If the Tyrone match is on at 3pm will they have a full hour of analysis before and after the game as the program is on from 2pm to 5.10pm?

BBC are showing the game on Sunday, Austy announced straight after the game last week that they would be showing it live.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

D4S

It's been on BBC website all week that the game would be live  14.55-17.00.  At least they are showing it but I'm sure the 5mins of pre-match analysis will be great, surely they could talk tactics for 5minutes!?!?!?! Actually probably only be 4minutes take a minute out for the anthem.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Fuzzman

Thanks Lads
I thought I heard it wasn't on

scud

Did anyone else hear siderumps' reference to water spitting on a hot stove?? I think even gormley cringed at that one. He does try though, I'll give him that

Not sure if its been mentioned before but I detect a definite underlying animosity between McHugh and Burns! It's quite funny to watch, they disagree on almost everything

ExiledGael

Just on Armagh tactics I think.

Sidebottom or some of your crew must be lurking here, Tommy McElroy is from BROOKEBOROUGH!

Maguire01

Quote from: D4S on July 24, 2008, 03:57:33 PM

It's been on BBC website all week that the game would be live  14.55-17.00.  At least they are showing it but I'm sure the 5mins of pre-match analysis will be great, surely they could talk tactics for 5minutes!?!?!?! Actually probably only be 4minutes take a minute out for the anthem.
Glass half empty?

red hander

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 24, 2008, 08:08:48 PM
Of course Mr Sidebottom and friends do lurk on the Board.  I was accused by Mr Sidebottom of making remarks about his commentary on the MacRory Cup final in 2007 on the Board, he was quite annoyed.  So much so that he attacked me in the changing rooms in Croke Park after the 2007 Hogan Cup final when he discovered my identity, probably when I made a further remark about it being Omagh CBS who had won that day and not Omagh St Endas.  Mr Sidebottom went on at length about the fact that I had made a formal complaint to the BBC about his commentary which myself and a number of parents considered to be one sided in that he knew all about the Monaghan side but nothing about Omagh CBS except to call them Omagh St Enda's despite receiving a complaint following the previous final from an irate parent who took exception to this failure to name the school properly. In the euphoria of the day and subsequent weeks, I forgot to make a second formal complaint to the BBC about his conduct on that day.

I always thought he was a w**ker ... this just confirms it ... what a tool ... i hope he's reading this

Donagh

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 24, 2008, 08:08:48 PM
Of course Mr Sidebottom and friends do lurk on the Board.  I was accused by Mr Sidebottom of making remarks about his commentary on the MacRory Cup final in 2007 on the Board, he was quite annoyed.  So much so that he attacked me in the changing rooms in Croke Park after the 2007 Hogan Cup final when he discovered my identity, probably when I made a further remark about it being Omagh CBS who had won that day and not Omagh St Endas.  Mr Sidebottom went on at length about the fact that I had made a formal complaint to the BBC about his commentary which myself and a number of parents considered to be one sided in that he knew all about the Monaghan side but nothing about Omagh CBS except to call them Omagh St Enda's despite receiving a complaint following the previous final from an irate parent who took exception to this failure to name the school properly. In the euphoria of the day and subsequent weeks, I forgot to make a second formal complaint to the BBC about his conduct on that day.

Do I detect that Sidearse is known then to have a short fuse? Almost came to blows when he started on me in the Big Tree after the Armagh Dublin game in 2002 after he overheard a bit of banter I was having with one of the production crew (Derry supporter). Started into a big tirade with attitude about how flukey Armagh were, didn't deserve to be in a final, blah, blah, blah... "f**k off Sidearse I wasn't talking to you". The company I was with were shocked at his behaviour. Little man syndrome I'd guess. Never like the smug wee bastard after that.

Fuzzman

I must admit I've never been a fan of sidebum either but I suppose its just his personality

I suppose they all have annoying attributes in some way

I think both Lyster and O'Rourke have got really fed up with Brolly's constant rudeness of interrupting even when Lyster has directly asked a question to O'Rourke.
I know O'Roourke is dry enough but its only common courtesy to SHUT up and let others speak.

I suppose its just Joe's personality as he's always been the motormouth but it can be annoying when you can't get your own point across with him always butting in.

McHugh has really been the one though who has changed and has just become an annoying little sh*t just to try to copy the Dunphys of this world I believe.
He thinks that if he's more controversial he's become more famous I think.

I'm looking forward to seeing Canavan commenting on his own team this Saturday on TV3

Uladh

Quote from: ExiledGael on July 24, 2008, 07:39:22 PM
Just on Armagh tactics I think.

Neither of them seem to know what armagh's tactics are!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Has anyone seen the GAA (regional sport) teletext pages on UTV, they have been advertising the Derry v Dublin AI quarter final at Croke Park on 11th August, Derry having beaten Armagh, Laois and Westmeath (I think) on the way!! WTF
Tbc....