Author Topic: Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification  (Read 72479 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification
« Reply #615 on: August 30, 2021, 10:26:16 PM »
Yes he held up the player I don't know if I would call it a pull down though. Read my original post I called it out as an obvious cynical foul but in my opinion it doesn't meet the criteria for a black card as the rules are written.

Youíre right in that context but there would be no complaints from anyone in any game. Considering the importance and timing it was correct
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

David McKeown

• View Profile
Re: Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification
« Reply #616 on: August 30, 2021, 10:27:35 PM »
I think the issue may be that you havenít got the full definition of the rule there. Itís rule 5.12 which makes it a black card

To deliberately collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play.

Thereís a strong argument thatís exactly what he was doing. Iím less convinced about the second black card Tyrone got. I thought the ball and the play were far enough gone that it wasnít a black card.