Tyrone v Monaghan - Healy Park, Omagh - 16/04/2023 16:00

Started by CK_Redhand, April 12, 2023, 04:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: screenexile on April 18, 2023, 09:38:00 PM
I agree with him.

I thought after the end of the league and first half on Sunday that they could be challengers but I can't see how the team that capitulated in Omagh could win an All Ireland.

It would be some turnaround!!

He didn't say 'win an All Ireland "

seafoid

I agree with him.

I thought after the end of the league and first half on Sunday that they could be challengers but I can't see how the team that capitulated in Omagh could win an All Ireland.

Not really. Tyrone won in 05 and 08 after losing in Ulster. If they had been fabulous in the early rounds maybe they wouldn't have won the all Irelands

Main Street

Quote from: greatpoint on April 18, 2023, 03:03:35 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2023, 08:44:03 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 17, 2023, 04:57:26 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on April 17, 2023, 04:35:27 PM
Heard your man on OTB say that Monaghan aren't concerned about Ulster titles anymore and it's all about the All-Ireland now. I thought Monaghan hadn't won Ulster in nearly a decade?

The red hair chap who tends to have some odd opinions. Monaghan players reaction at the full whistle says they are very much concerned but Derry next another big hurdle to jump
That's Shane Hannon,  knows about  all things Monaghan GAA in minute detail. He did not say Monaghan are not concerned about Ulster titles, he said winning Ulster in itself is not enough for this Monaghan team, they want more.

https://youtu.be/yDr_CycyGL0?t=1017

"Monaghan don't care about winning Ulster this year, it would be lovely, but the group is the focus" (16:57 in the video)

That is what was said, not sure why you are pretending otherwise. You can click on it and listen to it yourself.
. No  need to get your knickers in a twist.
He said  what I said he said just before  he said what you said he said.
https://youtu.be/yDr_CycyGL0?t=974
I can be  both right and wrong at the same time..

Main Street

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 18, 2023, 09:43:04 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 18, 2023, 04:03:56 PM
Dick Clerkin

"if that Tyrone team goes on and competes for Sam Maguire this summer, I will lick Rory Gallagher's post match palms"

Sure they will be competing for Sam this year   Aren't they in the group stages ???
Are you going to bust Dick's balls over a technicality?

Armagh18

I agree with him.

Sounds familiar. Never rule those f**kers out

An Watcher

Alot of people seem to mention Tyrone getting beat in omagh as if its kerry in killarney or the dubs in croke Park.  Would love to know the statistics but omagh is far from a fortress.  Many a time I'm glad they're out of there as the record is just ok

RedHand88

I agree with him.

Meh. Turned around bigger.
Sports fans/pundits are unbelievably fickle. Tyrone have 1 bad half in their last 4 games, during which they played Kerry, Monaghan, Armagh, Monaghan and all of a sudden they are written off.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 18, 2023, 11:14:06 PM
I agree with him.

Sports fans/pundits are unbelievably fickle. Tyrone have 1 bad half in their last 4 games, during which they played Kerry, Monaghan, Armagh, Monaghan and all of a sudden they are written off.
They were written off at start of year, then got a few good wins and were talked about as ai contenders. If we get a good win over Cavan and get that monkey off our back of not beating a decent team in Ulster we'll get serious smoke blew up our hole. Fickle is right. It'll take a good team to knock Tyrone out!

greatpoint

Quote from: Main Street on April 18, 2023, 10:16:09 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on April 18, 2023, 03:03:35 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2023, 08:44:03 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 17, 2023, 04:57:26 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on April 17, 2023, 04:35:27 PM
Heard your man on OTB say that Monaghan aren't concerned about Ulster titles anymore and it's all about the All-Ireland now. I thought Monaghan hadn't won Ulster in nearly a decade?

The red hair chap who tends to have some odd opinions. Monaghan players reaction at the full whistle says they are very much concerned but Derry next another big hurdle to jump
That's Shane Hannon,  knows about  all things Monaghan GAA in minute detail. He did not say Monaghan are not concerned about Ulster titles, he said winning Ulster in itself is not enough for this Monaghan team, they want more.

https://youtu.be/yDr_CycyGL0?t=1017

"Monaghan don't care about winning Ulster this year, it would be lovely, but the group is the focus" (16:57 in the video)

That is what was said, not sure why you are pretending otherwise. You can click on it and listen to it yourself.
. No  need to get your knickers in a twist.
He said  what I said he said just before  he said what you said he said.
https://youtu.be/yDr_CycyGL0?t=974
I can be  both right and wrong at the same time..

The distinction is that you replied to tell me I was wrong while I never made any reference to your suggestion of what was said. If you can't follow the logic you should go back and read the posts again, fair play for conceding on your error though.

square_ball

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 18, 2023, 11:24:26 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 18, 2023, 11:14:06 PM
I agree with him.

They were written off at start of year, then got a few good wins and were talked about as ai contenders. If we get a good win over Cavan and get that monkey off our back of not beating a decent team in Ulster we'll get serious smoke blew up our hole. Fickle is right. It'll take a good team to knock Tyrone out!

It's gotten to be the same in every sport. One minute you're the best ever and the next after a poor performance you're the worst team/player they've seen in their lives. There's no middle ground any more it has to be one or the other.

imtommygunn

The other thing people don't consider is that you *should* learn more from a defeat than a victory. Tyrone will be looking at where they went wrong and trying to correct it. Monaghan had an awful first half so maybe they will have their learnings from that too but Tyrone have plenty of time to put things right.

square_ball

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 19, 2023, 08:53:26 AM
The other thing people don't consider is that you *should* learn more from a defeat than a victory. Tyrone will be looking at where they went wrong and trying to correct it. Monaghan had an awful first half so maybe they will have their learnings from that too but Tyrone have plenty of time to put things right.

Thats a fair point too. If McCurrys point had proved to be the winner it would have papered over a lot of the cracks in that 2nd half.

I'm not expecting Tyrone to win the AI this year but I think they'll be in a quarter final and after that who knows. It will still take a good team to beat them.

Armagh18

Quote from: square_ball on April 19, 2023, 09:05:37 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 19, 2023, 08:53:26 AM

Thats a fair point too. If McCurrys point had proved to be the winner it would have papered over a lot of the cracks in that 2nd half.

I'm not expecting Tyrone to win the AI this year but I think they'll be in a quarter final and after that who knows. It will still take a good team to beat them.
Yeah if  Monaghan have a first half against Derry like that they'll surely be dead and buried by half time. Obviously 2 good sides but they'll both have to improve and play well for more than a half if they want to get anywhere this year.

imtommygunn

It was a very close game. Tbh 9 times out of 10 that goal doesn't go in then everyone would have been saying how great Tyrone are. Dick Clerkin is another one of these ones who say things to get attention so not sure I would be paying much attention.

There are very few teams who will be genuine AI contenders anyway. Tbh for me there are probably only two.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 19, 2023, 09:29:25 AM
It was a very close game. Tbh 9 times out of 10 that goal doesn't go in then everyone would have been saying how great Tyrone are. Dick Clerkin is another one of these ones who say things to get attention so not sure I would be paying much attention.

There are very few teams who will be genuine AI contenders anyway. Tbh for me there are probably only two.
Galway or Dublin? Obviously Kerry.