Tailteann Cup 2023 - Rules from GAA Master Fixtures List

Started by GAABoardMod5, March 29, 2023, 02:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

The seasons are getting tighter, could be even more tighter if I had my way (lost county players for clubs all season) there's just no room in the calendar to allow everyone to see everything.

The sport is saturated with tv coverage now, the counties have an opportunity to play at Croke and if the finalists serve up a game like last years final then it's a win win, Westmeath are testament to the possibility of improving. Had he knocked over that last free to win it, it would have been some journey from that final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Quote from: FermGael on June 19, 2023, 05:45:40 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on June 19, 2023, 05:33:32 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 19, 2023, 03:59:06 PM
Sunday June 25

Tailteann Cup Semi-Finals

Antrim v Meath, Croke Park, 2pm, RTE 2

Down v Laois, Croke Park, 4pm, RTE 2
let's promote the Tailteann cup by putting probably the biggest game of the weekend on live tv bang in the middle of the 2 games, Mayo v Galway on rte1 at 3pm

Why would this surprise anyone ?
This is going the exact same way as the hurling .
Guaranteed in another year or so there will be a push for three tiers.

They just want this played and out of the way in as quick a time as possible.

Yeah id imagine  that s the next move

They might keep  Sam  for 16 teams , as that's the  cash cow , and the more games the  better for that.  Others  will probably be 8 and 9  teams.  Maybe The  Muggsy Cup for tier 2 and the Billy Sheehan  cup for tier 3 , obviously, as that's Laois 's level

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 19, 2023, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: FermGael on June 19, 2023, 05:45:40 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on June 19, 2023, 05:33:32 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 19, 2023, 03:59:06 PM
Sunday June 25

Tailteann Cup Semi-Finals

Antrim v Meath, Croke Park, 2pm, RTE 2

Down v Laois, Croke Park, 4pm, RTE 2
let's promote the Tailteann cup by putting probably the biggest game of the weekend on live tv bang in the middle of the 2 games, Mayo v Galway on rte1 at 3pm

Why would this surprise anyone ?
This is going the exact same way as the hurling .
Guaranteed in another year or so there will be a push for three tiers.

They just want this played and out of the way in as quick a time as possible.

Yeah id imagine  that s the next move

They might keep  Sam  for 16 teams , as that's the  cash cow , and the more games the  better for that.  Others  will probably be 8 and 9  teams.  Maybe The  Muggsy Cup for tier 2 and the Billy Sheehan  cup for tier 3 , obviously, as that's Laois 's level

And that's fine, Antrim or Down won't be winning Sam, but if they win one tier move up, improve then progress further then you earn the right to play at the top table rather than what Dublin and Kerry did at the weekend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

You can argue about Sligo and provincial finalists maybe shouldn't be in there but Louth earned their place there. There's not sixteen potential Sam winners so there will be some wallopings. Yeah I could see a push for three tiers too but the tailteann cup has been reasonably balanced without many big hammerings apart from the odd one.

ardtole

Quote from: FermGael on June 19, 2023, 08:35:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2023, 08:17:47 PM
Supporters at the game in Croke won't give a stuff who's playing on RTE, same as supporters at other games around the country that happen to be on at the same time.

At this time of the year, the business end of the year, it's impossible to suit everyone

I agree completely Milltown but how hard is it to schedule games so that they don't clash .
Shows where the priorities are and how they were going to push the competition, market it properly ,etc was just a load of dung

Just the sheer volume of games in both hurling and football this week means clashes are unavoidable. I don't think it's fair on the neutral supporter to miss out on Mayo v Galway because Down are playing Laois. If Cavan had beat us last week, I would rather watch mayo v galway rather than cavan v laois.

Milltown Row2

The counties have full fixtures out most Sundays also, anyone involved with club games also miss out, that's why you record them or listen to it on the radio to and from games.

Your head won't fall off if you miss a game or have to watch the highlights

I'd have a game to ref, two cracking games on tv so I record them. Turn off my phone go home and watch them 'live' lol

Works for me!

Tyrone Split

Heading down to Croke Park from the North on Sunday. Was wondering about preferred parking options? First time there since Clonliffe College closed and ALWAYS used it over the years , with Tyrone. Any official or best choice alternative for the nordies now? Have also parked in the area of the old Regency Hotel in the past , and Skylon once or twice.  TIA!    I know it'll hardly be jam packed on Sunday at the same time, but still .  ::)

thejuice

Wonder what sort of crowd will be there. Don't expect huge numbers from Meath unless we get to the final and even then won't be anything like the 2000's.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thejuice on June 25, 2023, 11:14:01 AM
Wonder what sort of crowd will be there. Don't expect huge numbers from Meath unless we get to the final and even then won't be anything like the 2000's.

The rain won't put people off, tickets bought well in advance and all teams, bar Meath don't get too many run outs at headquarters these days so certainly it could increase the support.

Milltown Row2

full moon

Harsh penalty against Meath I thought, forward was looking for it and ball already played

Milltown Row2

Quote from: full moon on June 25, 2023, 02:26:45 PM
Harsh penalty against Meath I thought, forward was looking for it and ball already played

The free was for after the shot I think, personally thought it was square ball, would need to see it again.

If the ref was calling for the 'first' free it would have been a black card

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

general_lee

Actually thought it refreshing a ref actually implementing the rules, so what if ball was already played? It's still a foul! Also blew up a player for off the ground, another one that is applied inconsistently. Enjoyable game so far, Antrim probably should be further ahead

bennydorano

Watched a bit of the 2nd half, the amount of mistakes both teams were continually making was criminal. Helter-skelter and entertaining but poor quality.