AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2021, 10:04:26 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 09:24:42 AM
The intensity they brought to the kerry game was good but just as much about Kerry's lack of intensity (donnie buckley replaced by mountain climber ) .  Mayo players wont just match Tyrone intensity they'll murder them . Some of these bucks like o hora and mullin are off the scale in this department , you'll see .

I must be in the minority but I thought Kerry played well in the semi and I didn't think they lacked intensity.
You only have to look at the pressure they exerted on the Tyrone kick outs and their harrying of the Tyrone defenders.
Maybe that was the Tyrone master plan, let Kerry burn themselves out. It is what they did with Clifford, let him kick points until is leg got too tired.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 12:59:34 PM
Imagine how much fitter they will be having now completely got over covid!

Any Tyrone players teaching at the minute? With all the cases going at the minute they could miss out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

larryin89

Quote from: LeoMc on September 09, 2021, 01:11:35 PM
The intensity they brought to the kerry game was good but just as much about Kerry's lack of intensity (donnie buckley replaced by mountain climber ) .  Mayo players wont just match Tyrone intensity they'll murder them . Some of these bucks like o hora and mullin are off the scale in this department , you'll see .

I must be in the minority but I thought Kerry played well in the semi and I didn't think they lacked intensity.
You only have to look at the pressure they exerted on the Tyrone kick outs and their harrying of the Tyrone defenders.
Maybe that was the Tyrone master plan, let Kerry burn themselves out. It is what they did with Clifford, let him kick points until is leg got too tired.

Shame they didnt put some pressure on the goal scorers from Tyrone.  Kerry were shite and Tyrone aren't much better , like I've said a million times you'll see sat , our bucks will makes bits of them
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

RedHand88

Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 01:06:57 PM
Midwest radio have followed the CT s Aidan henry in reporting cillian is back training and in contention for 26 ???

I really hope he starts.

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2021, 01:14:42 PM

Any Tyrone players teaching at the minute? With all the cases going at the minute they could miss out

Peter harte I think. Is McGeary still teaching PE in holy trinity?

macdanger2

Looking forward to this now - my first time seeing Mayo win in Croke Park was in 1989 against Tyrone (no ticket of course, myself & my brother lifted over the turnstile by our father) so I generally have good memories of playing them. Great respect for Tyrone also, they ate Kerry up in the noughties whereas we rolled over for them. It's a 50/50 game and I'm sure both teams & supporters will think they have a huge chance of winning this AI. I hope to f*ck it's us!! 

If you look back at the SFs, both teams had the rub of the green they needed to get over the line - if both semis went to a replay, I'd say we'd have a different final pairing. In the games themselves, DOC keeping the ball in and the rebound going straight to a Mayoman; on another day, that ball goes wide or goes to a Dublin player and we probably lose the game; same with the retaken 45, it could easily have worked out that Hennelly scores the 1st one and misses the 2nd one. For Tyrone, 9/10 times SOB checks his run, scores that goal and Kerry probably win; or the rebound from Canavan's (very poor) shot falls to a Kerry player instead of McShane and it's a different game. These are the small little breaks you need to get to win a tight game and I'd say whoever wins on Sunday will have a couple of these fall their way.

I think Tyrone will have a different gameplan for Mayo on Sunday compared to against Kerry; whereas Kerry had a few key individuals, we're more of a team unit (as are Tyrone IMO). I don't think they'll concede the kickouts to us like they did against Kerry although they may not go full press. I'd say the first half will be a cagey affair, both teams will be anxious not to concede goals early on, but it'll open up in the second half.

As regards match ups, I'd put Keegan on Donnelly - Donnelly moving out the field will suit us as Keegan will thrive out the field (@ 10/1 he's my tip for POTY). Mullins on McKenna. Swannie on McCurrry. I'm not sure who we'll put on McShane when he comes on (or if he starts) - I'd rate him as the best forward between the two teams so we need to keep a close watch on him.

It could come down to which goalkeeper is more accurate on the day from frees - both can be top notch or absolute sh*te. Come on ta f*ck Hennelly!!!!

Milltown Row2

Yeah its the first final in a while I've been looking forward to, I hope its a ding dong battle and the weather doesn't play a part in it, plus both teams keep 15 players each on the pitch the whole game, no excuses, best team wins.

Was siding with Tyrone as they are great value (betting wise), McGeary could be a decent shout for MOM but the closer we get it's been Mayo's recent disappointments (of which there has been many) that might have the greater desire to get over the line.

Either way there won't be too much between them at the end.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 01:20:35 PM

Shame they didnt put some pressure on the goal scorers from Tyrone.  Kerry were shite and Tyrone aren't much better , like I've said a million times you'll see sat , our bucks will makes bits of them

Poor Larry's totally fecking delusional, and it's a sin to mock the afflicted!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

I actually quite enjoy the simplistic logic of Larry's analysis - Mayo brilliant, Tyrone bad. Sometimes its quite refreshing to view the world through the lens of a young kid or a village idiot.
That was never a square ball!!

tbrick18

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 09, 2021, 01:24:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2021, 01:14:42 PM

Peter harte I think. Is McGeary still teaching PE in holy trinity?

Morgan is a teacher too - though he and Harte are in Primary schools which I suspect are not as risky as secondary schools for covid.
Don't know about McGeary.

I have to say it's a breath of fresh air to have a final where there is no clear favourite to win. I think the majority of the country would love to see Mayo finally get over the line. But Tyrone love that us-against-them-all factor and will be as motivated by that as Mayo will be to finally get a win.
I think it has to be said, on balance, the two best teams are in the final.

When you look at the two team, Tyrone for me seem to carry the biggest scoring threat. But, I think Mayo have a much better middle third than Tyrone which should starve the Tyrone attack of supply. I think defensively, both teams are very similar and in terms of work rate there's not much between them either.
A couple of question marks on both sides though....can Tyrone replicate the performance from the SF in the Final or was it a a one off as they were playing Kerry the overwhelming favorites. For Mayo, do they have the bottle to finally keep it together to win a final? What will Aidan O'Shea do? Will Morgan have one of his awful days or will he keep the head and be awesome?

A great bit of drama, can't wait.

larryin89

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 09, 2021, 02:19:41 PM

I actually quite enjoy the simplistic logic of Larry's analysis - Mayo brilliant, Tyrone bad. Sometimes its quite refreshing to view the world through the lens of a young kid or a village idiot.

What would you like me to tell ya that mcshane off the bench is going to make the difference , that mattie Donnelly is unremarkable, thatnits too close to call , its 50/50 . I dont believe any of the narrative spun about this been close , we are a far better outfit than Tyrone,  a possible hb line of oisin , paddy and eoghan if fit with Leroy pushing up from the last line as we get a foothold is unstoppable , nothing and I mean nothing is going to stop Mayo winning the all Ireland.  Who the fook are Tyrone anyway ,last time I seen them in a final they were attroslcious . Nobody mentioned Tyrone all year, now all of a sudden cause they got a sloppy victory over a disorganised disjointed poorly set up kerry they are world beaters . Mayo by 7-9 points easy
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

RedHand88

Well now!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2021, 01:43:32 PM
Yeah its the first final in a while I've been looking forward to, I hope its a ding dong battle and the weather doesn't play a part in it, plus both teams keep 15 players each on the pitch the whole game, no excuses, best team wins.

Was siding with Tyrone as they are great value (betting wise), McGeary could be a decent shout for MOM but the closer we get it's been Mayo's recent disappointments (of which there has been many) that might have the greater desire to get over the line.

Either way there won't be too much between them at the end.

I really cant see their being much difference in the desire. Not one of the Tyrone team has an All Ireland senior medal and most of them were involved in the defeat in 2018 (not to mention numerous semi and quarter final losses). Plus a lot of the panel have experienced losing to Mayo in 2016 or 2013 as a minor. Tyrone also aren't exactly blessed with a huge number of All Ireland wins either (it's not like a Kerry or Dublin).

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 02:53:09 PM

What would you like me to tell ya that mcshane off the bench is going to make the difference , that mattie Donnelly is unremarkable, thatnits too close to call , its 50/50 . I dont believe any of the narrative spun about this been close , we are a far better outfit than Tyrone,  a possible hb line of oisin , paddy and eoghan if fit with Leroy pushing up from the last line as we get a foothold is unstoppable , nothing and I mean nothing is going to stop Mayo winning the all Ireland.  Who the fook are Tyrone anyway ,last time I seen them in a final they were attroslcious . Nobody mentioned Tyrone all year, now all of a sudden cause they got a sloppy victory over a disorganised disjointed poorly set up kerry they are world beaters . Mayo by 7-9 points easy

Did you get a ticket yet? Mayo NEVER do anything easy. I really can't call it, though I enjoy your optimism about it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 02:53:09 PM

That's awesome stuff! ;D 8)