AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 09, 2021, 10:23:53 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 09:24:42 AM
The intensity they brought to the kerry game was good but just as much about Kerry's lack of intensity (donnie buckley replaced by mountain climber ) .  Mayo players wont just match Tyrone intensity they'll murder them . Some of these bucks like o hora and mullin are off the scale in this department , you'll see .

You have form larryin89 in such pre-final braggadocio where Mayo's involved, however, you are equally well versed in chomping on those words in the rather inevitable aftermath.  :P

Not this time , we will hammer Tyrone out the gate on sat
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 10:36:19 AM
The intensity they brought to the kerry game was good but just as much about Kerry's lack of intensity (donnie buckley replaced by mountain climber ) .  Mayo players wont just match Tyrone intensity they'll murder them . Some of these bucks like o hora and mullin are off the scale in this department , you'll see .

You have form larryin89 in such pre-final braggadocio where Mayo's involved, however, you are equally well versed in chomping on those words in the rather inevitable aftermath.  :P

I can actually smell the fear of Tyrone from here!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

larryin89

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 09, 2021, 10:40:38 AM

I can actually smell the fear of Tyrone from here!  :D

Is that evident through championship history one 1 point loss in five championshp meetings . No fear of Tyrone,  pure bananas talk that . What's to fear,  they've done nothing in recent times to suggest mayo should fear them , they got a victory over a badly set up kerry . I'd still fancy a mediocre kerry ( albeit exceptionally talented forwards in o shea and clifford ) to beat Tyrone.  Peter keane is just a useless manager as was proven by cork last year

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 10:56:37 AM
Is that evident through championship history one 1 point loss in five championshp meetings . No fear of Tyrone,  pure bananas talk that . What's to fear,  they've done nothing in recent times to suggest mayo should fear them , they got a victory over a badly set up kerry . I'd still fancy a mediocre kerry ( albeit exceptionally talented forwards in o shea and clifford ) to beat Tyrone.  Peter keane is just a useless manager as was proven by cork last year

A little secret: 2008 was not in the Championship (according to some Mayo pundits), it was the last round of the Qualifiers.

History, do you really want to go there, where performances are concerned respectively in All-Ireland Finals in recent years?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

trueblue1234

Forget O'Shea, if you lose now you can firmly point the finger of blame at Larry.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Farrandeelin

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 09, 2021, 10:12:56 AM

TBH there was little sign of Mayo's intensity in the first half against the Dubs, even their supporters on here were done with it.  If they have a half like that against Tyrone, I don't see a way back for them. A Dublin team that thought they had done enough switched off and allowed them back in again. Will Mayo manage a full 70 mins at that level? I don't know. ( I suppose you could argue the 2nd half and Extra time) It will be interesting but I don't believe there will be anything lacking in either sides intensity tbh.

Same was said after the Galway game, that Dublin wouldn't give them a sniff. However we all know Dublin aren't worth a shit this year now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 09, 2021, 11:50:57 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 09, 2021, 10:12:56 AM

TBH there was little sign of Mayo's intensity in the first half against the Dubs, even their supporters on here were done with it.  If they have a half like that against Tyrone, I don't see a way back for them. A Dublin team that thought they had done enough switched off and allowed them back in again. Will Mayo manage a full 70 mins at that level? I don't know. ( I suppose you could argue the 2nd half and Extra time) It will be interesting but I don't believe there will be anything lacking in either sides intensity tbh.

Same was said after the Galway game, that Dublin wouldn't give them a sniff. However we all know Dublin aren't worth a shit this year now.
True, but you can say the same about Tyrone Kerry. Sure we had a Kerry AI thread on here for a week before hand. Tyrone were just making up the numbers against a champion elect Kerry team. Now they are a tired Kerry team that relied on one player. You could write whatever narrative you want and get one or two things to back it up. It'll be a toss up. Whoever is less scared of losing will win I think.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Screenshotted for future reference.

StPatsAbu

While all dressed in your Baywatch gear like AOS?  ;D

RedHand88

Quote from: thewobbler on September 09, 2021, 10:07:04 AM
Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2021, 10:04:26 AM

I must be in the minority but I thought Kerry played well in the semi and I didn't think they lacked intensity.

I agree. Kerry were literally one kick of the ball away from being hailed as "more than a match for Tyrone's intensity".

This thread is proof enough that most people don't remember what they had for breakfast, let alone what happened in a match 2 weeks ago.

I think this needs to be remembered. If Morgan doesn't put the ball over from 70 metres, which is what you'd expect, Kerry go to the final.

the goal was on

Mayo forwards won't trouble tyrone. Only got joy when Dublin tired and lost a few men. Tyrone defenders not gonna tire .

TMAC

Imagine how much fitter they will be having now completely got over covid!

yellowcard

I think many people are overlooking the fact that Tyrone's preparation could not have been anything but badly impacted in the run up to the semi final yet they still managed to win. Based on both counties 2 x semi finals, I would say that Tyrone probably have the greater scope for improvement. But they will have to improve since Mayo will put them under much more pressure than Kerry managed. Both teams were far from flawless in their respective semi finals even if they each managed to record monumental victories. It's about as 50/50 as a game could be since there is no clear or reliable formlines. I wouldn't rule out a draw in this one.   

larryin89

Midwest radio have followed the CT s Aidan henry in reporting cillian is back training and in contention for 26 ???