Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

CK_Redhand

Quote from: bridgegael on August 14, 2021, 08:47:00 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on August 14, 2021, 08:43:05 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2021, 07:54:58 PM
Mayo a tad lucky to get a re-take for the last free

Great result, but how this has not been highlighted beggars belief, no way was he interfered with to merit a retake. Thought the ref was shocking. Still great to see Mayo being the team to stop Dublin. Its only right it was them.
As he was running up to take it, the ref ran towards him with hand up to stop him from taking it.
No mention on rte of it being blown up 90 seconds early. Mayo might have got a couple of lucky calls but bad decisions went mostly in Dublin's favour

Silkyskillssunshinee

Philly McMahon comes on and costs Dublin the game with his shite antics. The world is healing.

Mayo4Sam14

Nice kick up the whole for Aidan OShea there
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

thejuice

I guess the Meath game wasn't a mirage.

Its clearly a deliberate tactic to contain Dublin for the first half and then push up on them and up the tempo. Dublins wider panels inexperience in these sorts of pressure situations showed itself. James McCarthy at the end for the 45 is hard to understand. The ball was still going in and he was throwing knees into his opponent. Madness.

Referees performance was not the best but there was a lot of cynical stuff going on to make it hard for him.

I'd put Kerry as strong favourites but they haven't been tested yet in the championship so far.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

yellowcard

The body count will be high after that match but those Mayo players were warriors today. Conroy came of age in the last half hour and O'Donoghue stepped up as well. Hopefully Eoin McLoughlin is ok and it was just a concussion.

Are Cillian O'Connor and Mullin gone for the season?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on August 14, 2021, 08:51:57 PM
Philly McMahon comes on and costs Dublin the game with his shite antics. The world is healing.

Was thinking that myself. You'd have to be p!ssed's of with him if you were a dub.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

yellowcard

The Dubs bench was really poor. If that's the level of player coming through then I don't see Dublin winning All Ireland's over the next few years. Cluxton seen it coming.

Main Street

Power play from Mayo all the way, brilliant to watch.
The Dubs just need more funding from Central, parachute money.

reddgnhand

Well done Mayo fantastic performance and hats off to Dublin will we ever see the likes again.What they have achieved has been unreal. They will still win a few more of that there's no doubt.

bennydorano

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 14, 2021, 08:32:52 PM
Well done to Mayo but this is not the final, they still have to get over Kerry.
Uneasy is the head that wears the crown.

Delighted for Mayo but I would fancy Kerry very strongly, would be delighted to proven wrong.

Cunny Funt

From a long way out there was shades of a 2012 about that semi-final. Mayo was able to afford a fairly average 1st half and still exploit the clear weakness with that Dublin team that was clearly visible after their performances in this years Leinster championship.

As for the final and if its Kerry I would expect Mayo will have a big plan in place to curb the influence of the two Cliffords and Sean O'Shea and the Kerry defence can be got at so Mayo have a real fighting chance to finally land Sam Maguire.

yellowcard

Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 09:03:55 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on August 14, 2021, 08:32:52 PM
Well done to Mayo but this is not the final, they still have to get over Kerry.
Uneasy is the head that wears the crown.

Delighted for Mayo but I would fancy Kerry very strongly, would be delighted to proven wrong.

Kerry will be strong favourites, I think when the dust settles most people will see that. However Mayo will gain great confidence and energy from that performance. It's a much more appealing spectacle for a neutral than watching Dublin suck the life out of the game through long spells of aimless possession. The best defence up against the best attack.

Armagh18

Mayo have a first half like that and the Cliffords and O'Shea and co will have the game out of sight. Bring what they did later in the game and they have every chance. Would love to see them do it.

SouthDublinBro

Better team won on the day. Good luck to Mayo in the final. Kerry CAN'T be allowed to win Sam playing just 3 games.

Rossfan

Didn't see that coming at ht.
Dublin seem to only have a half of football in them these days.
The neighbours plodded away and fair play never gave up.
Weren't flattered by the margin.
If they only had a few forwards they'd be some team.

PS if ye have no Ballaghs on the 26 ye'll win Sam ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM