New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on April 15, 2024, 01:51:51 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 12, 2024, 06:04:56 PMAnybody know why maroon is such a popular colour at club and county level?

Loads of them about but it's not really a popular colour generally.

Two counties with Maroon jerseys, Galway and Westmeath, far more red, red and white, let alone green jerseys out there.

But it's not a popular colour in terms of clothing. Yet two counties have it.

Plus loads of club teams have it.

I was wondering the significance of it. 

lfdown2

It come from old celtic mythology where maroon was considered the colour of victory, it was also said that those wearing maroon were always facing west, subsequently 'West'meath and Galway adopted the colour.

johnnycool

Quote from: lfdown2 on April 16, 2024, 09:11:22 AMIt come from old celtic mythology where maroon was considered the colour of victory, it was also said that those wearing maroon were always facing west, subsequently 'West'meath and Galway adopted the colour.

Very interesting.

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on March 15, 2024, 01:19:57 PMTrying to find a thread to put this in and figured this might be the best. If anyone has a better suggestion, by all means let me know.

Anyone ever had any real issues with O'Neill's customer service? I've just taken delivery of a significant enough order of club gear for the family. Embroidery, some personalisation etc but the state of it is appalling. There's an absolute mountain of backing material from the embroidery left on it currently and when I first got on to them they told me they wouldn't refund it as the garment itself was fine and suggested I cut the backing material myself, while acknowledging that this should have been done in house. They subsequently suggested that it was merely an "aesthetic issue". The sheer quantity of the material left on it is an irritant.

Pushing them for a refund but they're refusing to budge. They say the garments are not defective and because they're personalised, can't offer a refund. They have offered to do the repair work themselves if I can return it to them. They of course can't organise collection because I'm outside the UK and Ireland, but that they'll reimburse me.

I'm being a moany p***k, but there's absolutely no way they'd let items like this be sold off the rack in store, so I'm not certain why it's any different for an online purchase. It's not one or two items either. It's anything with embroidery in a total order of several hundred euro. Thoughts? Am I being too pushy, or f**k it, considering what I've shelled out should I go all the way with it?

Not necessarily an update on this but somewhat adjacent. Club put in a big order for them recently. Jerseys, shorts and a rake of their new reversible bibs. Jerseys had the wrong crest on them. Bibs that arrived, despite being ordered in "Adult" size, were sized "Juvenile 14-15".

Their quality/quality control at the minute is a complete and utter shambles.