Leinster Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by Rossfan, June 25, 2021, 05:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silkyskillssunshinee

First time in a while you could probably say Dublin are there for the taking if Kerry/Mayo/Tyrone step up to the plate. Meath looked fitter in that second half.

Captain Obvious

Dublin are clearly there to be beat, it won't say much for the opposition if they don't take advantage.

seafoid

Good show but Dubs still on course for 11 in a row.
Even the EPL is more competitive.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: seafoid on July 18, 2021, 06:32:35 PM
Good show but Dubs still on course for 11 in a row.
Even the EPL is more competitive.

What's that old saying about a broken record   .?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Dinny Breen

Kildare still looking disjointed in the championship. Depending on individuals rather than a finely tuned tactical system. Neil Flynn again today and Dan Flynn really stood up. The loss of Feeley, Hoolohan and Doyle caused disruption that Westmeath couldn't take advantage of. Westmeath kicked 10 wides, just bad shot selection for most. Kildare created about 6 goal chances which was a positive. Free shot at Dublin who look unsettled, best chance for Kildare since 2011 and the phantom free.
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 18, 2021, 06:18:56 PM
Dublin are clearly there to be beat, it won't say much for the opposition if they don't take advantage.

Based on what?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2021, 10:11:32 PM

Based on what?

One score game with Meath today 70 minutes played. The previous day only managed 0-15 against Division 4 Wexford.

In the league 19 scores to 13 against Kerry and less than convincing against Galway and Donegal.

Dessie Farrell would be worried with the amount of cracks that are appearing and will be hoping the opposition are no better than last year.

Wildweasel74

Dublin fairly poor 2 games running, well outside the first half today, missing Mannion, McCafferty, etc, can't understand why Archer and a few of the u-20 are not getting a chance, new blood needed, and I know Dublin tend to pick the best players showing at club level. On that form Kerry would beat them, possible Tyrone, and Monaghan as well.

thejuice

Hard one to analyze. We were awful in the first half they were at their usual slickness cutting us up and then the second half started in a total contrast. Are Dublin just not as focused under DF than JG. I'd say they eased up a bit but at the same time they did get rattled. We have plenty to work on for next year and get everyone fit for the league.

We need to develop a few more options in attack, get Shane Walsh fit again and offer a physical presence up there like Sheridan used to. Morris is good but he makes a fair few mistakes along with all the good he does.

Dublin will probably win Leinster again but certainly things looking a bit closer if they come up against Mayo, Kerry or Tyrone.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ash Smoker

My hunch is that Dessie Farrell is not at the same level as Jim Gavin and Pat Gilroy were and this will eventually cause Dublin to get caught.

larryin89

Based on what?

Seriously ,I'm not sure some of ye are afraid of been wrong or have an inferiority complex but the Jack's are on the ropes , no two ways about it
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Itchy

Quote from: larryin89 on July 19, 2021, 12:51:51 AM

Based on what?

Seriously ,I'm not sure some of ye are afraid of been wrong or have an inferiority complex but the Jack's are on the ropes , no two ways about it

You'd have to say that Meath did show in that 2nd half that the dubs are not what they were, they looked a bit gassed and I dont remember the last time I thought that watching Dublin. The Connacht Champs have a real chance to take them in the semi final if they can come with all guns blazing.

seafoid

Even if Dublin get beaten this year the structure remains unchanged. They can build another team and dominate again.
The system sucks
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Did Dublin Co Board stop all collective  training after they were found at it that time?
Mind you the Ulster teams don't  seem to have any fitness issues.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM