Leinster Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by Rossfan, June 25, 2021, 05:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go home ref

A good win for Kildare in the end a superb performance from Neil Flynn with 1-7 and I have to say that was the worst refereeing performance I've seen I years some of the frees given to Offaly were scandalous it was Cormac Reilly levels of bad. Great to see such guts and fight in second half previous kildare teams would self destruct when things were going against us these boys dug in well and deserved the win for the second half performance. Will need to be better the next day against Westmeath especially after the hiding they gave Laois.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Go home ref on July 04, 2021, 06:24:02 PM
A good win for Kildare in the end a superb performance from Neil Flynn with 1-7 and I have to say that was the worst refereeing performance I've seen I years some of the frees given to Offaly were scandalous it was Cormac Reilly levels of bad. Great to see such guts and fight in second half previous kildare teams would self destruct when things were going against us these boys dug in well and deserved the win for the second half performance. Will need to be better the next day against Westmeath especially after the hiding they gave Laois.

He was bad for both teams I thought, we were Dublinesque with our steps at times. The red card was farcical though.
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

Won't read too much into it. We got the job done but Longford were able to get into decent positions quite often so Dublin will be doing the damage when they get up there. Dublin looked rusty enough but won't do them any harm.

Perhaps we'll do better than last year but it's hard to be certain.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Go home ref

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 04, 2021, 08:23:43 PM
Quote from: Go home ref on July 04, 2021, 06:24:02 PM

He was bad for both teams I thought, we were Dublinesque with our steps at times. The red card was farcical though.

The red card was hilarious it was so bad I suppose I'm biased only noticed the soft calls against us. On another happier note Laois have to be the worst team in Ireland at this point.

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: thejuice on July 04, 2021, 08:44:32 PM
Won't read too much into it. We got the job done but Longford were able to get into decent positions quite often so Dublin will be doing the damage when they get up there. Dublin looked rusty enough but won't do them any harm.

Perhaps we'll do better than last year but it's hard to be certain.

Only saw the first 25 or so minutes and like Kildare v Offaly the defences get opened up very easily. If Longford were a but braver and committed more men forward they could have done more damage at that stage.

Kildare relied on a class individual performance but you would worry how we got opened up too. No real mobility in the middle either.

If we get to have 8k at the semis, like the hurling, it will be great to get in to Croke Park. I live locally and it was brilliant to see jerseys around this weekend and a few pints being had outside places.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Captain Scarlet

I know I am clutching at straws but is there any hope Meath will push the Dubs? With Cluxton and now Lowndes going, it must cause some kind of blib?

Westmeath v Kildare should be an interesting one. I was hopeful after Meath in the league that we would brush Offaly aside but it didn't pan out that way.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rossfan

Tickets still on sale for Sundays double header!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

The Leinster Footbal Championship reminds me of this

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44292/the-deserted-village

What are the chances of a Johnny Doyle or a Dessie Dolan emerging now ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

FT Kildare 2-14 Westmeath 0-18.

2nd semi final Dublin v Dublin coming up shortly.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

clarshack

Itchy

Jesus Dessie Dolan reckons meath def penalty and dublins had not much contact.???.

Wildweasel74

Wildweasel74

Itchy

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 18, 2021, 04:56:33 PM
Meath def should had a penalty

Not for me. Dublin possibly should have had one before that. Meath bringing no intensity to this. I thought they were going to give it a go?