Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Some amount of seagulls flying around Croker yesterday.  If a high kick-out against the backdrop of the stand, you'd mix up the white birds and white ball. 

BennyCake

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 01, 2021, 11:02:16 AM
Some amount of seagulls flying around Croker yesterday.  If a high kick-out against the backdrop of the stand, you'd mix up the white birds and white ball.

It'll be worse when Kildare play. There will be white everywhere

Milltown Row2

When the keeper comes out no one picks them up and can be used well, in sevens the keeper general turns out to be the best player, watching the keepers coming out it reminds me of the sevens tournaments
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dire Ear

Tyrone would need to learn how to score goals,  none scored so far??

RedHand88

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 01, 2021, 12:27:57 PM

Kennedy scored one against Cavan. Tyrone probably should have had one yesterday with Beggan playing in midfield.

nrico2006

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 01, 2021, 12:27:57 PM

Been a problem for years, rarely seen them beat their man and go direct, always laying off, recycling etc. and taking points.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

Major problem for years and not since Mugsy have we had a player who thinks goal before safe option of a point.
How often do you see Kerry, Dublin or even Mayo fisting the ball over the bar.

Even in 2003, we only scored two goals the whole season. One v Antrim and one v Fermanagh.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2021, 06:32:48 AM
Major problem for years and not since Mugsy have we had a player who thinks goal before safe option of a point.

Even in 2003, we only scored two goals the whole season. One v Antrim and one v Fermanagh.

Number of times I have watched Tyrone players running at goal and fisting it over when only 15/20 yards from the net, Cavanagh being the main culprit.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

It seems to be a mental block for all our players. Even Dazzler who's confidence is high blasted his shot at Patton rather than into the corner or go around him. Look at Monaghan v Armagh.
But I suppose if you can score enough points like we did in 2003 does it matter.

trailer

Agree, we don't even create that clear cut chance. Even Mattie at the weekend soloed the ball instead of moving it on to McCurry I think for a goal chance. If Beggan hadn't tackled him he'd have popped it over the bar. We never look for that extra slip pass to create a goal chance.

BennyCake

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 02, 2021, 10:32:06 AM

Number of times I have watched Tyrone players running at goal and fisting it over when only 15/20 yards from the net, Cavanagh being the main culprit.

Oh Jesus, I wish they'd scrap that throwing the ball over bar nonsense. It's an absolute abomination in the game.

Armagh18

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2021, 11:06:01 AM
It seems to be a mental block for all our players. Even Dazzler who's confidence is high blasted his shot at Patton rather than into the corner or go around him. Look at Monaghan v Armagh.
But I suppose if you can score enough points like we did in 2003 does it matter.
Won't get anywhere near the big 3 without goals and lots of them.

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyCake on August 02, 2021, 12:41:33 PM

Oh Jesus, I wish they'd scrap that throwing the ball over bar nonsense. It's an absolute abomination in the game.
Agree 100%.
Unskilled sh1te.
Also throw goals aren't allowed so why allow throw points??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

befair

Maybe it's time to experiment by banning both hand-pass and fist-pass

Blowitupref

Tyrone  Donegal Ulster minor final starting shortly on this link.

https://youtu.be/jgq--YXwTQo
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose