Author Topic: Ulster Championship 2021  (Read 55368 times)

BennyCake

• View Profile
Re: Ulster Championship 2021
« Reply #1035 on: August 01, 2021, 10:43:33 AM »
Refereeing a Gaelic football match has got so difficult and the fact that both sides can have grievances about some very marginal decisions only reinforces the point. I thought Gough done ok on balance but may have got a few decisions wrong but no one side clearly benefitted from this. At least he is a referee that will allow some degree of physical contact. L

I watched the game on BBC where the commentators kept going on about him blowing up the match 20 seconds early yet from what I recall on the screen timer he actually played more than the 3 minutes of allocated injury time.

Yeah I wondered that point on the timing. Was over 3 minutes
I think the stadium clock showed less than 3 minutes played. Was def over the 3 on the TV clock tho

There were 20 seconds left on the stadium clock.

Clock stopped at 73.10. The clock was stopped and restarted for water break so appropriate time was played

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 01, 2021, 10:46:18 AM »
Since goalkeepers are all over the place now, surely  a rule will have to come in where both goalkeepers have different coloured jersies?

Aaron Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 01, 2021, 11:02:16 AM »
Some amount of seagulls flying around Croker yesterday.  If a high kick-out against the backdrop of the stand, you’d mix up the white birds and white ball. 

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 01, 2021, 11:03:34 AM »
Some amount of seagulls flying around Croker yesterday.  If a high kick-out against the backdrop of the stand, you’d mix up the white birds and white ball.

It’ll be worse when Kildare play. There will be white everywhere

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 01, 2021, 11:51:25 AM »
When the keeper comes out no one picks them up and can be used well, in sevens the keeper general turns out to be the best player, watching the keepers coming out it reminds me of the sevens tournaments
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 01, 2021, 12:27:57 PM »
Tyrone would need to learn how to score goals,  none scored so far??

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 01, 2021, 12:36:47 PM »

Kennedy scored one against Cavan. Tyrone probably should have had one yesterday with Beggan playing in midfield.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 01, 2021, 01:51:43 PM »

Been a problem for years, rarely seen them beat their man and go direct, always laying off, recycling etc. and taking points.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 02, 2021, 06:32:48 AM »
Major problem for years and not since Mugsy have we had a player who thinks goal before safe option of a point.
How often do you see Kerry, Dublin or even Mayo fisting the ball over the bar.

Even in 2003, we only scored two goals the whole season. One v Antrim and one v Fermanagh.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 02, 2021, 10:32:06 AM »
Major problem for years and not since Mugsy have we had a player who thinks goal before safe option of a point.

Even in 2003, we only scored two goals the whole season. One v Antrim and one v Fermanagh.

Number of times I have watched Tyrone players running at goal and fisting it over when only 15/20 yards from the net, Cavanagh being the main culprit.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 02, 2021, 11:06:01 AM »
It seems to be a mental block for all our players. Even Dazzler who's confidence is high blasted his shot at Patton rather than into the corner or go around him. Look at Monaghan v Armagh.
But I suppose if you can score enough points like we did in 2003 does it matter.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 02, 2021, 11:38:52 AM »

Agree, we don't even create that clear cut chance. Even Mattie at the weekend soloed the ball instead of moving it on to McCurry I think for a goal chance. If Beggan hadn't tackled him he'd have popped it over the bar. We never look for that extra slip pass to create a goal chance.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 02, 2021, 12:41:33 PM »

Number of times I have watched Tyrone players running at goal and fisting it over when only 15/20 yards from the net, Cavanagh being the main culprit.

Oh Jesus, I wish they’d scrap that throwing the ball over bar nonsense. It’s an absolute abomination in the game.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 02, 2021, 02:23:42 PM »
It seems to be a mental block for all our players. Even Dazzler who's confidence is high blasted his shot at Patton rather than into the corner or go around him. Look at Monaghan v Armagh.
But I suppose if you can score enough points like we did in 2003 does it matter.
Won’t get anywhere near the big 3 without goals and lots of them.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #1049 on: August 02, 2021, 07:15:46 PM »

Oh Jesus, I wish they’d scrap that throwing the ball over bar nonsense. It’s an absolute abomination in the game.
Agree 100%.
Unskilled sh1te.
Also throw goals aren't allowed so why allow throw points??
Remember we're a noble race from a land where Kings once trod.