Connacht Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by Cunny Funt, June 18, 2021, 12:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

brilliant idea , john prenty is a legend , i cannot for the life of me understand his critics .have you even seen the dome ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on July 13, 2021, 09:37:27 PM
brilliant idea , john prenty is a legend , i cannot for the life of me understand his critics .have you even seen the dome ?

Remains to be seen will it be nothing more than a vanity project.

Switching the Connacht final to Croke Park was a no brainer. Last number of Mayo v Galway championship matches had 20k plus in attendance and it would have been a nightmare for Prenty and Co with just 5,000 tickets to pass around.

galwayman

Hmmm I think we had a better chance in Castlebar to be honest.
Can't see us winning in Croker.

Blowitupref

Quote from: MayoBuck on July 13, 2021, 09:27:18 PM
Such a stupid idea. We can only have 3500 in MacHale park, yet 18000 people from Galway and Mayo can pack on to buses and trains to Dublin for a match.

These Covid rules don't make much sense.

Gives one a sore head trying to understand the logic of some rules.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 13, 2021, 10:43:52 PM
Such a stupid idea. We can only have 3500 in MacHale park, yet 18000 people from Galway and Mayo can pack on to buses and trains to Dublin for a match.

size of stadium seems obvious tbh

Blowitupref

Quote from: larryin89 on July 13, 2021, 11:02:06 PM

Packed buses and trains to Dublin would be the issue, remember we were told by NPHET the problem isn't the crowd inside stadiums but what happens before and after the match.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

whitey

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 13, 2021, 11:08:22 PM

Packed buses and trains to Dublin would be the issue, remember we were told by NPHET the problem isn't the crowd inside stadiums but what happens before and after the match.

Mayo could probably fill their allocation just with their Dublin based supporters

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on July 13, 2021, 10:37:54 PM

I imagine Mayo are happy enough alright. They've a great recent record in CP (Dublin apart) while Galway have always had a decent record up in Castlebar.

larryin89

packed buses and trains are not permitted either .

social distancing is at 2m .

mchale park is allowed 3500 .

most complaining wouldnt get a ticket and most infuriating aspect to me is the ones complaining didnt bother their holes last sunday whilst there were people like myself went to the bother of taxi into heuston and train to castlebar . left malahide in dublin at 6:30 am , then discovered we had to get bus transfer to portarlington . and to think these absolute hypocrites were sat on their couch 20 miles down the rd and coulnt be arsed cause it was raining and them starting a castlebar or nowhere this evening . f...ing Irish

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 13, 2021, 11:22:30 PM
Quote from: galwayman on July 13, 2021, 10:37:54 PM

I imagine Mayo are happy enough alright. They've a great recent record in CP (Dublin apart) while Galway have always had a decent record up in Castlebar.

Mayo will be thrilled with this move, up to Galway to step it up now, Mayo will perform well in CP.

Rossfan

Only 50% capacity allowed ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 12, 2021, 06:40:14 PM
If there is a Second or even a Third tier competition, it will only be there to get these counties out of the way.

Football's biggest problem is the lack of competition. This is a curse. Dublin.or Kerry is Cholera or the Plague.
When will we see Sam up.North again ?

https://youtu.be/Jwv2B4W9brk

Then the county system. Dublin is c 40 times bigger than Leitrim. If Dublin leverages its population and financial power the system doesn't work.

For most counties the Disposable Heroes quote applies :

"The height of mediocrity is the challenge
Crawling through the entrails  of imbalance."

https://youtu.be/kqB-wf49Xsc

Shunting D3 and 4 into another competition won't fix the problems.

Dublin has to be subdivided. I also think smaller counties should amalgamate for championship only.

https://www.northernsun.com/Organize-Button-%280332%29.html

lenny

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2021, 08:01:15 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 12, 2021, 06:40:14 PM
If there is a Second or even a Third tier competition, it will only be there to get these counties out of the way.

Football's biggest problem is the lack of competition. This is a curse. Dublin.or Kerry is Cholera or the Plague.
When will we see Sam up.North again ?

https://youtu.be/Jwv2B4W9brk

Then the county system. Dublin is c 40 times bigger than Leitrim. If Dublin leverages its population and financial power the system doesn't work.

For most counties the Disposable Heroes quote applies :

"The height of mediocrity is the challenge
Crawling through the entrails  of imbalance."

https://youtu.be/kqB-wf49Xsc

Shunting D3 and 4 into another competition won't fix the problems.

Dublin has to be subdivided. I also think smaller counties should amalgamate for championship only.

https://www.northernsun.com/Organize-Button-%280332%29.html

If only there was a really successful model somewhere in the gaa whereby tams are placed in tiers based on their ability and can compete against similar standard teams.

From the Bunker

Once again the GAA put the people first and show they are of the people. 

Fair dues!

Farrandeelin

IF I get a ticket and IF I go then I'll drive.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.