Connacht Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by Cunny Funt, June 18, 2021, 12:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

I'd imagine Leitrim GAA wouldn't turn down the likes of the €13million 4 x floodlight pitch including one as a 4g pitch that Dublin GAA are about to build in tyrellstown (old hollystown golf club).

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Milltown Row2

Quote from: highorlow on July 11, 2021, 03:36:43 PM
I'd imagine Leitrim GAA wouldn't turn down the likes of the €13million 4 x floodlight pitch including one as a 4g pitch that Dublin GAA are about to build in tyrellstown (old hollystown golf club).

Would they win Sam if they did get it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

highorlow

QuoteWould they win Sam if they did get it?

And your point is?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Solo_run

I watched 5 minutes of that game and Leitrim weren't exactly throwing themselves in front of shots.

Blowitupref

Expected mismatch Mayo 5-20 Leitrim 0-11
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2021, 03:38:42 PM

Is that the bar for getting assistance with infrastructure?

dublin7

Quote from: J70 on July 11, 2021, 03:40:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2021, 03:38:42 PM

Is that the bar for getting assistance with infrastructure?
Of course counties should get funding, but at least give them a competition they have a chance to compete in and maybe win.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: highorlow on July 11, 2021, 03:40:07 PM
QuoteWould they win Sam if they did get it?

And your point is?

You made the point that Dublin is getting this new complex, it wouldn't matter if Leitrim had this times two, they don't  have the numbers to get any use out of it.  I've said before all counties should have these complex's and based on playing numbers

It will and won't make a div 4 team win Sam.

It's very simple, div3 and div 4 play their own championship and when they win that they prove themselves in the bigger championship. Anyone that thinks today's game is serving a purpose for either team is thick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Solo_run on July 11, 2021, 03:11:35 PM
Quote from: highorlow on July 11, 2021, 03:08:02 PM
QuoteMayo might come undone by the ease in which they have won.

Why?

Because they have been pissing all over teams in division two that aren't going anywhere. In the championship they have played nobody. Galway have at least played division one teams they have had a tougher championship game against Roscommon. Mayo haven't been tested yet this season and Galway might catch them.

That's my big concern. Whoever won between Galway and Ros would be looking at our inefficiencies.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 11, 2021, 03:40:38 PM
And some floorts think this is the best system ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 11, 2021, 04:30:28 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on July 11, 2021, 03:11:35 PM
Quote from: highorlow on July 11, 2021, 03:08:02 PM
QuoteMayo might come undone by the ease in which they have won.

Why?

Because they have been pissing all over teams in division two that aren't going anywhere. In the championship they have played nobody. Galway have at least played division one teams they have had a tougher championship game against Roscommon. Mayo haven't been tested yet this season and Galway might catch them.

That's my big concern. Whoever won between Galway and Ros would be looking at our inefficiencies.

Side with the biggest concern will be Galway. Less than convincing in that win against Roscommon and main player Shane Walsh even if he plays won't be 100%
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Sad but true

Leitrim's 1994 Connacht title is the equal of anything Mayo have achieved since.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2021, 04:53:48 PM
Sad but true

Leitrim's 1994 Connacht title is the equal of anything Mayo have achieved since.

Nothing sad about that. Great achievement by that Leitrim team.

caprea

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2021, 04:41:29 PM

It's not clear it isn't. An open national draw will still produce uncompetitive  hidings.

A senior, intermediate and junior championship could kill interest among players in weaker counties as they never again will get the chance to test themselves against the best players.

Eventually the Intercounty system will be abandoned.

Nanderson

Quote from: caprea on July 11, 2021, 06:04:44 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2021, 04:41:29 PM

It's not clear it isn't. An open national draw will still produce uncompetitive  hidings.

A senior, intermediate and junior championship could kill interest among players in weaker counties as they never again will get the chance to test themselves against the best players.

Eventually the Intercounty system will be abandoned.
See result today for why we shouldnt have the weakest teams playing the strongest counties just to test themselves. Nobody wins