Started by Cunny Funt, June 18, 2021, 12:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macker15

Quote from: greatpoint on June 26, 2021, 04:56:21 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on June 26, 2021, 04:51:23 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on June 26, 2021, 04:49:01 PM
No card for Aido's elbow to the head? Wow

swatted that annoying little bollocks away very nicely

You can hardly condone that behaviour? I know Cillian O'Connor is off the pitch so the elbow count would naturally suffer.

Sunday game panel will highlight it tomorrow night 🙄🙄

Blowitupref

Half time Sligo 0-8 Mayo 3-13. Expected one sided contest, Could be 20 plus point winning margin but depends on the mood from Mayo 2nd half and  if they will ease off or not. O'Donogue filling in on frees well.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Sligo 0-12 Mayo 3-23. The 20 point winning margin achieved, a contest that was as good as over after 15 mins.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

macker15

Ruthless by Mayo. The laytrum or Galweigan boys will hardly bothered training.  Just give the cup to the rhubarbs

From the Bunker

dublin7

Well done Mayo tonight. That was a comprehensive victory. Almost as impressive as Kerry's hammering of Clare.

I always thought that the Leinster championship was a joke based on posters opinions here. Turns out the Munster/Connacht championship is just as farcical

Blowitupref

Quote from: dublin7 on June 26, 2021, 09:32:24 PM
Well done Mayo tonight. That was a comprehensive victory. Almost as impressive as Kerry's hammering of Clare.

I always thought that the Leinster championship was a joke based on posters opinions here. Turns out the Munster/Connacht championship is just as farcical
Today was the All-Ireland finalists hammering a Div 4 team that was hammered themselves in their shield final against Wexford.

Connacht winners the last 6 years. Mayo 2,Galway 2 and Roscommon 2.

Rossfan

Yep feckin Rhubarbs on a 1 in a row run or 1 out of last 5.
Puts Dublin's 15 out of 16/10 in a row in the halfpenny place.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Sligo have fallen some distance. Bar Murphy and Carrabine, they haven't a player that would get near the Mayo panel.

dublin7

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 26, 2021, 09:39:28 PM

Today was the All-Ireland finalists hammering a Div 4 team that was hammered themselves in their shield final against Wexford.

Exactly. It just shows how farcical the championship is when it's based on a provincial system.

Blowitupref

Quote from: dublin7 on June 26, 2021, 09:44:28 PM

Exactly. It just shows how farcical the championship is when it's based on a provincial system.

Hammerings happens in all team sports systems.
A 5 five team provincial championship having the last 6 titles shared between 3 teams is far from a farcical.

dublin7

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 26, 2021, 10:03:16 PM

A 5 five team provincial championship having the last 6 titles shared between 3 teams is far from a farcical.

So what your saying is the likes of Leitrim/Sligo and London just have to suck it up as the winners each year might be different. I'm just glad it not a dubs fan suggesting that
They'd be slaughtered for such arrogance

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Itchy on June 26, 2021, 09:44:10 PM
Sligo have fallen some distance. Bar Murphy and Carrabine, they haven't a player that would get near the Mayo panel.

They have. I'm surprised that Peter Naughton didn't get more of a run being two footed and all but that's neither here nor there now.

It went as expected. Mayo impressed in the first half, it was over as a contest after Aidan got his first goal. While I didn't see it on TV, it appeared that Sligo were in poor fitness and struggled to come to terms with the movement of the Mayo team, whereas Mayo harried and hounded the Sligo players all through the game. Delighted for Darren McHale, he has been one of the top performers in the Mayo club scene for the last few years. He will face much sterner opposition while wearing the green and red though. Job done, move on to Leitrim.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Quote from: dublin7 on June 26, 2021, 10:32:10 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 26, 2021, 10:03:16 PM

So what your saying is the likes of Leitrim/Sligo and London just have to suck it up as the winners each year might be different. I'm just glad it not a dubs fan suggesting that
They'd be slaughtered for such arrogance

Carry on, I made the mistake in thinking you were giving an serious opinion.

Itchy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2021, 10:49:40 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 26, 2021, 09:44:10 PM

They have. I'm surprised that Peter Naughton didn't get more of a run being two footed and all but that's neither here nor there now.

It went as expected. Mayo impressed in the first half, it was over as a contest after Aidan got his first goal. While I didn't see it on TV, it appeared that Sligo were in poor fitness and struggled to come to terms with the movement of the Mayo team, whereas Mayo harried and hounded the Sligo players all through the game. Delighted for Darren McHale, he has been one of the top performers in the Mayo club scene for the last few years. He will face much sterner opposition while wearing the green and red though. Job done, move on to Leitrim.

Their fitness and conditioning was very poor. They have a long road ahead of them to get back to a place where they are competitive in Connacht.