Connacht Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by Cunny Funt, June 18, 2021, 12:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

And you can only buy "pods" of tickets.
The  2 pods and 3 pods probably all sold.
No family is going to buy a pod of 5 or 6 at €175 or €210. And drive 500kms as well.
The single supporter isn't going to pay for 4,5 or 6 either.
And of course Galway football people aren't noted for big turn outs.
Not to mention a virus circulating like wildfire.

PS no shops/ bars etc will be open in Croke Park.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GalwayBayBoy

Galway team v Mayo

Connor Gleeson (Dunmore McHales)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Sean Mulkerrin (Oileain Arann)
Liam Silke (Corofin)
Kieran Molloy (Corofin)
Dylan McHugh (Corofin)
Johnny Heaney (Killannin)
Paul Conroy (St James')
Matthew Tierney (Oughterard)
Damien Comer (Annaghdown)
Peter Cooke (Moycullen)
Cathal Sweeney (Salthill-Knocknacarra)
Robert Finnerty (Salthill-Knocknacarra)
Shane Walsh (Kilkerrin-Clonberne)
Paul Kelly (Moycullen)

larryin89

Point still stands , cause all the moaning about price etc whilst it is valid the same people wont be bothered about price for the next game again if we did happen to win.  It's such a fooking fair weather culture and if you deny that perhaps you dont have the experience of attending games.  They are such a  fickle bunch in general and not really soulful supporters imo , iys all very blaise win or lose .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 23, 2021, 12:51:25 PM
Galway team v Mayo

Connor Gleeson (Dunmore McHales)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Sean Mulkerrin (Oileain Arann)
Liam Silke (Corofin)
Kieran Molloy (Corofin)
Dylan McHugh (Corofin)
Johnny Heaney (Killannin)
Paul Conroy (St James')
Matthew Tierney (Oughterard)
Damien Comer (Annaghdown)
Peter Cooke (Moycullen)
Cathal Sweeney (Salthill-Knocknacarra)
Robert Finnerty (Salthill-Knocknacarra)
Shane Walsh (Kilkerrin-Clonberne)
Paul Kelly (Moycullen)

Didn't feature in last years Connacht final. Finnerty and Sweeney with Mayo connections.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on July 23, 2021, 12:52:02 PM
Point still stands , cause all the moaning about price etc whilst it is valid the same people wont be bothered about price for the next game again if we did happen to win.  It's such a fooking fair weather culture and if you deny that perhaps you dont have the experience of attending games.  They are such a  fickle bunch in general and not really soulful supporters imo , iys all very blaise win or lose .

Mayo fans or fans in general? I'm not going up because nobody in my tiny social bubble will go with me and I'm not paying for 2 tickets.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

galwayman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 23, 2021, 01:33:20 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 23, 2021, 12:52:02 PM

Mayo fans or fans in general? I'm not going up because nobody in my tiny social bubble will go with me and I'm not paying for 2 tickets.
Yeah it's a bit shitty that people who would be going to games on their own are effectively excluded unless they buy a second ticket.

Farrandeelin

Mayo team named. Diarmuid O'Connor is back in. Padraig O'Hora is full back.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 23, 2021, 03:01:50 PM
Mayo team named. Diarmuid O'Connor is back in. Padraig O'Hora is full back.

I'm surprised at eogan mcloughlin not starting ,mind you JH is inclined to make a couple of changes to named team by throw in .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 23, 2021, 11:48:48 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 23, 2021, 11:27:02 AM
Tickets and any amount of them still on sale .

Bohemians sell out 8k in 90mins.

I love GAA like everyone else on here but the supporter culture would sicken your hole , honestly wait till you see the demand for the semi v dubs if we did happen to win on sunday.
What price was the Bohemians tickets? Had a feeling the 35€ price would turn plenty away from the Connacht final and especially with no concession for children and OAPs.

To answer my own question.

Also they didn't sell single tickets either saying it is to ensure maximum safe capacity, while also adhering to social-distancing requirements.

Rossfan

How many would they sell if the game was 150km+ away?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Manning18

Probably the week that's in it and the sun, but very low key build up to the Connacht final nationally.

So I went on my once a year visit to mayogaablog to at least see if those strange folk had a bitta discussion. By god anytime you check in on it, they never actually let you down. There's a lad on there complaining about Galway protesting against the 1902 Connacht final. And without even an ounce of self awareness or irony, says that "the Galway delegation didn't turn up for the hearing, not the first time they didn't turn up on the big day". This a county that's failed to win its last 13 finals talking about one that's won the third most All Ireland's.

A quick skim gave plenty of laughs but that's the pick of them. Tommy Tiernan (who's had very interesting views on plain old life living in mayo in recent podcasts) would do well to steer better laughs

From the Bunker

Quote from: Manning18 on July 23, 2021, 11:51:50 PM
Probably the week that's in it and the sun, but very low key build up to the Connacht final nationally.

So I went on my once a year visit to mayogaablog to at least see if those strange folk had a bitta discussion. By god anytime you check in on it never actually lets you down. There's a lad on there complaining about Galway protesting against the 1902 Connacht final. And without even an ounce of self awareness or irony, says that "the Galway delegation didn't turn up for the hearing, not the first time they didn't turn up on the big day". This a county that's failed to win its last 13 finals talking about one that's won the third most All Ireland's.

A quick skim gave plenty of laughs but that's the pick of them. Tommy Tiernan (who's had very interesting views on plain old life living in mayo in recent podcasts) would do well to steer better laughs

Throwing stones in glass houses and all that!  ::)

Blowitupref

29,449 attended the last Mayo v Galway Connacht championship match that had supporters. Now 21 hours before this encounter tickets are still on sale on for a 18,000 capped capacity.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 24, 2021, 03:58:01 PM
29,449 attended the last Mayo v Galway Connacht championship match that had supporters. Now 21 hours before this encounter tickets are still on sale on for a 18,000 capped capacity.

People have better things to be doing than spending the guts of their day travelling to and from Dublin on a nice day. Covid has made many realise the cost of bringing a family to such an event. When you can relax, stay at home and enjoy your morning and evening and watch the game in comfort on TV, Even have a beer and no worries about driving.

Manning18

I honestly think it's the weather. A wet boring week and noone and nobody would have anything better to do but get excited for this. As it is people are giddy with other activities and the idea of a warm car/train etc to Dublin for a ridiculously early throw in and no easy prospect of a few pints beforehand has the more casual ones put off. Plus there seems to be a full slate of games for club players despite, in my own case, a Galway hurling game alongside. Probably better I missed it from the looks of it