Connacht U20 and U17 championships 2024

Started by Cunny Funt, January 18, 2021, 11:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Half time Mayo 0-4 Roscommon 0-5. Alot of wayward shooting by both sides and both had a goal disallowed for square ball. Difficult playing conditions in such a warm night
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

joemamas

Quote from: Schkite on July 21, 2021, 07:55:28 PM
The shooting here is woeful

You are being kind.
Mayo mindset when they get the ball from midfield up is to turn back out the field.

joemamas

I would love to be sitting next to the civil servant that capped tonight's attendance at 500 in an outdoor stadium that fits 30k.
I would ask just one question. Why?

Crete Boom

Fair play to the Rossies not hanging around and putting us away in style. Tactics and team selection for Mayo for both games were a little bit puzzling.

GalwayBayBoy

Did Mayo play their final last week? They've been really poor this evening. Not taking away from Roscommon who are full value to win this well.

Farrandeelin

Terrible performance from a Mayo point of view. There seemed to be no attacking plan at all. Roscommon totally deserve this, far more direction in their attacks.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

twohands!!!

Awesome display of tackling by the Roscommon team.
The amount of times they have turned over the ball with legitimate tackles focused on the ball as opposed to the man has been very high.
Best I've seen by an intercounty team in an age.

Blowitupref

Congratulations to Roscommon very impressive 2nd half. FT time Mayo 1-7 Roscommon 2-11
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Great tackling by Rossies, great to bate Mayo.

Crete Boom

Well done Rossies gave a football lesson to us in the second half.

Tubberman

Abysmal by Mayo. When they had the ball they'd get to 50m from, pass laterally, then someone take a hail mary pot shot. No attacking plan in evidence over the 2 games.
Roscommon played very counter attack for much of the game, but as it went on they realised Mayo were no threat and their confidence grew - they were ravenous and fully deserving of their win.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Tubberman on July 20, 2021, 08:30:48 PM
Isn't Creggs in Galway?
Old parish church is in Roscommon (Kilbegnet) so they play their football in Ros
Same with Ballymoe, in Galway but play football in Roscommon as the half parish of ballintubber.

Rossfan

Ahhh that was sweet.
Lovely display of gaelic FOOTball.....but that 1st quarter ....
We're you watching Poacher?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

joemamas

Good luck to Roscommon, better team. Their forwards were the difference.
Incredible tactics or lack thereof by Mayo management. Hard to believe from an intercounty footballer.
I dont think I have seen a team so happy to turn back to their goals without being even tackled. It was like watching a soccer team at times, everyone either instructed or afraid to go around their opposite number.

MayoBuck

Mayo played with a sweeper against Galway last week, probably acknowledging we were underdogs. It really wasn't needed today and meant we didn't have enough forwards ahead of the ball.