2021 Schedule - All Ireland Championship wrapped up by mid-July

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, December 19, 2020, 04:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on April 22, 2021, 10:27:45 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 22, 2021, 10:22:20 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 22, 2021, 10:14:11 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 22, 2021, 08:27:58 PM
Mayo the value , only have to beat Dublin in semi to win the all Ireland,  rest of them not near Mayo sheer talent coming to the fore . Oisin is the best prospect in the country , Clifford wouldnt get a kick away off him .

Only way Mayo are going to go in the next few years is backwards.

We'll hit a plateau, a bit like Donegal, Tyrone and Kerry have the last couple of years. We won't be great and we won't be totally sh1te! In a similar vain our support will follow a similar curve.

Wasn't implying ye would be shite. Still a top 6 or maybe 4 team. I just think ye will fall further behind Dubs, not close the gap.

I was agreeing with you! Mayo by default won't be sh1te, but we have been in decline since 2017 - which is 4 years. Last year was a sort of false dawn, the journey to the AI final lied about where we really are.

Blowitupref

Mayo the value , only have to beat Dublin in semi to win the all Ireland,  rest of them not near Mayo sheer talent coming to the fore . Oisin is the best prospect in the country , Clifford wouldnt get a kick away off him .

Doubt it, they train and prepare in 'professional' manner and won't be without the cash to keep that ticking over. Horan has plenty convinced this is a new team in reality the core of the team is filled with experience which is ideal situation to bed in new players.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Tbh I was just tongue n cheek commenting but as a matter of interest how could someone from outside of Mayo possibly forecast with great certainty that next few years would be backwards ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Angelo

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 23, 2021, 07:02:10 PM
Ulster SFC Provisional Dates

Sat 26/Sun 27 June
1st Round
Down vs. Donegal @ Pairc Esler

Sat 3/Sun 4 July
Quarter Finals
Armagh vs. Antrim @ Athletic Grounds
Monaghan vs. Fermanagh @ St. Tiernach's Park, Clones

Sat 10/Sun 11 July
Quarter Finals
Tyrone vs. Cavan @ Healy Park
Derry vs. Down/Donegal @ Celtic Park or Pairc MacCumhall, Ballybofey

Sat 17 July
Semi-Final
Armagh/Antrim vs. Monaghan/Fermanagh

Sun 18 July
Semi-Final
Tyrone/Cavan vs. Down/Donegal/Derry

Sun 1 Aug
Final

A very lopsided Ulster draw you'd have to say.

Would you put Armagh or Monaghan as favourites on the other side of the draw to make the final? I'd be more leaning toward Armagh myself.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Monaghan surely, they were beaten by a good Cavan team last year and that was in an epic. I don't think they'll be too happy about last year, so some wrongs to be righted down in Monaghan.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 26, 2021, 12:59:09 PM
Monaghan surely, they were beaten by a good Cavan team last year and that was in an epic. I don't think they'll be too happy about last year, so some wrongs to be righted down in Monaghan.

Monaghan are an aging team though. Key players like Wylie, Hughes, McManus, Walshe and O'Connell are all on the wrong side of 30 now.

GetOverTheBar

True enough, but being another odd year, Ulster being what it is, a single bounce of the ball going their way last year v Cavan or the Keeper pulling off that monster kick history was changed.

I'd have Monaghan beating Fermanagh handy enough (in the end), they have a few off the panel....Armagh should get rid of Antrim. You just don't know what Armagh will show is why I'm going for Monaghan.

Monaghan will be well fit for them physically and always are a tough team, so I'll back that over Armagh when you just don't know what they'll do. Although, Ulster is never straight forward....

J70

Quote from: Angelo on April 26, 2021, 12:35:36 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 23, 2021, 07:02:10 PM
Ulster SFC Provisional Dates

Sat 26/Sun 27 June
1st Round
Down vs. Donegal @ Pairc Esler

Sat 3/Sun 4 July
Quarter Finals
Armagh vs. Antrim @ Athletic Grounds
Monaghan vs. Fermanagh @ St. Tiernach's Park, Clones

Sat 10/Sun 11 July
Quarter Finals
Tyrone vs. Cavan @ Healy Park
Derry vs. Down/Donegal @ Celtic Park or Pairc MacCumhall, Ballybofey

Sat 17 July
Semi-Final
Armagh/Antrim vs. Monaghan/Fermanagh

Sun 18 July
Semi-Final
Tyrone/Cavan vs. Down/Donegal/Derry

Sun 1 Aug
Final

A very lopsided Ulster draw you'd have to say.

Would you put Armagh or Monaghan as favourites on the other side of the draw to make the final? I'd be more leaning toward Armagh myself.

Last three champions all on the one side. Whoever gets through will have seriously earned it.

Down will be fancying their chances of knocking us and our aging defense out on our arses in Newry too.

trailer

Great to see Derry entering a team. Wouldn't have blamed them if they hadn't.

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on April 27, 2021, 04:06:15 PM
Great to see Derry entering a team. Wouldn't have blamed them if they hadn't.
In fairness you could say that about most teams under the current knock out system.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on April 28, 2021, 11:18:49 AM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40276235.html
Only way around that is to allow supporters back to games.  Minister for sport Jack chambers said last night on the tonight show they will have test events this summer,  with the use antigen testing of sports crowds. 

Angelo

Will players skip their vaccines during Championship?

If you were 3/4 days away from a big knockout game I can imagine players would be a bit worried about the immediate side effects of the vaccines?

Or do we think panels will be sorted out pre Championship on the quiet by the team doctor?

Cunny Funt

The dates, times and venues for the upcoming Connacht Senior Football Championship have been confirmed.

Quarter Final
Saturday 26th June  at 4.30pm

Sligo  v  Mayo - Markievicz Park

Semi Finals

Sunday 4th July 2pm

Roscommon  v  Galway  - Dr Hyde Park

Sunday 11th July 2pm

Leitrim   v    Mayo/Sligo   - Páirc Sean/MacHale Park

Final:

Sunday 25th July at 1.15pm.

greatpoint

Quote from: greatpoint on April 20, 2021, 09:46:55 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 20, 2021, 07:31:48 PM
I'd say thats one draw defending champions Cavan didn't want.

Very good chance here that Cavan shit the bed and lose by 10+ points in their first game out.

They only lost by 8 in the end.