Offaly          250/1   

Louth       250/1

Carlow     500/1

Wicklow      500/1

Wexford     500/1

greatpoint

Quote from: Dreadnought on April 21, 2021, 09:29:27 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 20, 2021, 07:31:48 PM
I'd say thats one draw defending champions Cavan didn't want.

Wouldn't be sure about that. Need to beat the best. Cavan haven't beat Tyrone in championship since 83, but never a better time to finally do it with confidence as reigning champions, and Tyrone slightly in transition and didn't get many games last year. Cavan have beaten every other team in Ulster, so why not Tyrone? No fear at this stage after what we did last year...

I don't think anyone is saying that Tyrone are the best of anything, just that Cavan are incapable of beating them.

Blowitupref

@twohands

Possible value odds?

All Ireland - Tyrone or Donegal at 16/1 will avoid Dublin until the final if they win Ulster.

Ulster - Monaghan might have a point to prove after last years poor championship, have the big addition of Buckley on board and have avoided Tyrone, Donegal until the Ulster final.

Connacht - Roscommon, a tough draw but they have won 2 of the last 4 Connacht titles and if they beat Galway they'll have momentum going into the final

Munster - great to see a underdog in Tipp winning it last year but I can't see history repeating itself while Leinster is a formality.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dreadnought

Quote from: greatpoint on April 21, 2021, 05:06:30 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on April 21, 2021, 09:29:27 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 20, 2021, 07:31:48 PM
I'd say thats one draw defending champions Cavan didn't want.

Wouldn't be sure about that. Need to beat the best. Cavan haven't beat Tyrone in championship since 83, but never a better time to finally do it with confidence as reigning champions, and Tyrone slightly in transition and didn't get many games last year. Cavan have beaten every other team in Ulster, so why not Tyrone? No fear at this stage after what we did last year...

I don't think anyone is saying that Tyrone are the best of anything, just that Cavan are incapable of beating them.

And didn't they say the same about playing Donegal last year? Look Cavan are a decent team, it will be tough, but hardly incapable of beating them

twohands!!!

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 21, 2021, 07:10:05 PM
@twohands

Possible value odds?

All Ireland - Tyrone or Donegal at 16/1 will avoid Dublin until the final if they win Ulster.

Ulster - Monaghan might have a point to prove after last years poor championship, have the big addition of Buckley on board and have avoided Tyrone, Donegal until the Ulster final.

Connacht - Roscommon, a tough draw but they have won 2 of the last 4 Connacht titles and if they beat Galway they'll have momentum going into the final

Munster - great to see a underdog in Tipp winning it last year but I can't see history repeating itself while Leinster is a formality.

Wouldn't be tempted by anything yet even as a very small stakes punter  - far too much uncertainty as of yet  - I'll be waiting until after the league before having any championship punts and even then I don't think there's any point opposing Dublin. Gun to my head if I had to pick between Donegal and Tyrone, I think I'd be favouring Tyrone to win Ulster this year but neither of them look like value at 16/1 to win Sam. If there were double that, I might have a small flutter. 10/3 for Kerry looks bonkers. If they do win it, it will be in spite of Keane who looks tactically out of his depth at senior level. Maybe Roscommon in Connacht but will depend on what they, Mayo and Galway look like in the league and would fall into the speculative small stakes category. Would be far more likely to wait and back them in running after 5/10 minutes on the day.

I mainly posted just to see what the bookies think the state of play is.

larryin89

Mayo the value , only have to beat Dublin in semi to win the all Ireland,  rest of them not near Mayo sheer talent coming to the fore . Oisin is the best prospect in the country , Clifford wouldnt get a kick away off him .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Itchy

Quote from: larryin89 on April 22, 2021, 08:27:58 PM
Mayo the value , only have to beat Dublin in semi to win the all Ireland,  rest of them not near Mayo sheer talent coming to the fore . Oisin is the best prospect in the country , Clifford wouldnt get a kick away off him .

Only way Mayo are going to go in the next few years is backwards.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on April 22, 2021, 10:14:11 PM

We'll hit a plateau, a bit like Donegal, Tyrone and Kerry have the last couple of years. We won't be great and we won't be totally sh1te! In a similar vain our support will follow a similar curve.

Itchy

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 22, 2021, 10:22:20 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 22, 2021, 10:14:11 PM

We'll hit a plateau, a bit like Donegal, Tyrone and Kerry have the last couple of years. We won't be great and we won't be totally sh1te! In a similar vain our support will follow a similar curve.

Wasn't implying ye would be shite. Still a top 6 or maybe 4 team. I just think ye will fall further behind Dubs, not close the gap.