China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Quote from: sid waddell on October 20, 2021, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 02:16:19 PM
What he said (what you claim he said) is widely at odds with the most recently available official government data.

Of course there is a lag in data getting published so subsequent publications might show the vast majority are indeed unvaccinated but we can wait for that and revisit in a few weeks.  It will take a hell of a shift all the same.

Did you catch a name by the way?  I am not finding much by way of reference to 'the Medical Federation UK' let alone who it's head is.

Or even what time he was on as I am genuinely interested to hear what he said so can grab off the catch up.
Any chance you could explain what's happening in Romania, buddy? Here are their figures for you again.

Population 19.29 million
Vaccinated: 29.5%

Covid cases yesterday: 18,863
Covid deaths yesterday: 561 (five hundred and sixty-one)

Would you agree that these figures, when compared against the currently miniscule death figures in widely vaccinated countries like Ireland are a very clear demonstration of the benefits of vaccines and the dangers of widespread non-vaccination?

Sid I think you are mistaking me for someone who is anti vaccination.

Hectic

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 02:36:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2021, 02:31:22 PM
What he said (what you claim he said) is widely at odds with the most recently available official government data.

Of course there is a lag in data getting published so subsequent publications might show the vast majority are indeed unvaccinated but we can wait for that and revisit in a few weeks.  It will take a hell of a shift all the same.

Did you catch a name by the way?  I am not finding much by way of reference to 'the Medical Federation UK' let alone who it's head is.

Or even what time he was on as I am genuinely interested to hear what he said so can grab off the catch up.

Taylor, I think and was on radio 5 live at about 8.45am today, I'm sure that is on catch up, just after he finished someone came on and told the BBC to be fairer in their news covering and stop going along the government line sort of thing...

Thanks.

Would you mind going back and listening to 5 Live and perhaps revising what you posted?  Both in terms of who was talking and what was said.

On the positive sounds like you were concentrating on the road more than the radio.

Safety first 😜

sid waddell

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 02:38:04 PM

Any chance you could explain what's happening in Romania, buddy? Here are their figures for you again.

Population 19.29 million

Would you agree that these figures, when compared against the currently miniscule death figures in widely vaccinated countries like Ireland are a very clear demonstration of the benefits of vaccines and the dangers of widespread non-vaccination?

Yis all say that.

Any chance you might explain the figures?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 11:48:25 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 20, 2021, 11:42:10 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 20, 2021, 10:13:32 AM
Quote from: Rudi on October 20, 2021, 09:47:35 AM
The building industry is self regulated in the republic, no nsai audits or policing of products to meet minimum accept quality criteria. Therefore the tax payer will be liable for full redress of the re-build of thousands of homes in Donegal (affected by mica) to the tune of 3 billion euro plus.
Same applies to the Covid certs. Leo Varadkar expects me to ask a pub why they let me into their facility without producing a proof of Covid Vaccination Cert. Whats the point in asking for certs if the matter is not going to be policed by an independent body. The government in the republic have handled things poorly too. We always had a winter health crisis regarding hospitals & availability of ICU beds, the unvaccinated are the fall guys these days.

By the way whats the story in the North, do they ask for Covid Certs when dinning indoors?
I was in Sligo at the weekend and it was a shock to the system covid wise, asked for vaccine certificate everywhere and just that feeling of strictness, the North is a joke, you might get asked for a name & phone number at a pub door from my experience.

The covid pass is nonsense.

You could have 100 people in a pub, and they'll all be let in with their passes, no questions asked. Any number of them could have covid. Now, you might say the vaccine reduces transmission/severity, but that's still potentially 100 people coming out of that pub with the virus.

Correct Benny.

And they could then come into a high risk contraindication and infect them.
But as noted in the reports the likely hood of those people needing medical intervention is less than if it was 100 unvaccinated in the pub. That is why people are pushing the vaccine.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Hectic

Quote from: sid waddell on October 20, 2021, 03:57:07 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 02:38:04 PM

Population 19.29 million

Yis all say that.

Any chance you might explain the figures?

Any chance you would stop trying to shape everything around your world view?

Explanation is maybe quite simple i.e. fewer at risk vaccinated.

But could really do with some more info before drawing inferences.

Mortality by vaccination status and age group a good start.

Certainly does nothing to substantiate calls by sickos to vaccinate children and healthy young adults to protect them or pacify their fears.

Hectic

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 20, 2021, 04:11:53 PM
The building industry is self regulated in the republic, no nsai audits or policing of products to meet minimum accept quality criteria. Therefore the tax payer will be liable for full redress of the re-build of thousands of homes in Donegal (affected by mica) to the tune of 3 billion euro plus.
Same applies to the Covid certs. Leo Varadkar expects me to ask a pub why they let me into their facility without producing a proof of Covid Vaccination Cert. Whats the point in asking for certs if the matter is not going to be policed by an independent body. The government in the republic have handled things poorly too. We always had a winter health crisis regarding hospitals & availability of ICU beds, the unvaccinated are the fall guys these days.

By the way whats the story in the North, do they ask for Covid Certs when dinning indoors?
I was in Sligo at the weekend and it was a shock to the system covid wise, asked for vaccine certificate everywhere and just that feeling of strictness, the North is a joke, you might get asked for a name & phone number at a pub door from my experience.

You could have 100 people in a pub, and they'll all be let in with their passes, no questions asked. Any number of them could have covid. Now, you might say the vaccine reduces transmission/severity, but that's still potentially 100 people coming out of that pub with the virus.

Correct Benny.

But as noted in the reports the likely hood of those people needing medical intervention is less than if it was 100 unvaccinated in the pub. That is why people are pushing the vaccine.

But would be really selfish towards any contraindications out there.  And nobody likes selfish.  Isn't that right.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 04:16:36 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 20, 2021, 04:11:53 PM

Correct Benny.

But would be really selfish towards any contraindications out there.  And nobody likes selfish.  Isn't that right.
If people without contraindications all took the vaccine, the NHS would be able to cope better with the people that do have contraindications and have no alternative. So no, we don't like selfish.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Hectic

Of course you are not selfish because the definition of selfish is now limited to people who do not choose to be vaccinated.

Housing crisis.  No the 80% of the population who are not selfish can do nothing about that because the definition does not stretch beyond vaccination.

#virtuesignallingtwats

thebigfella

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 04:15:30 PM

Certainly does nothing to substantiate calls by sickos to vaccinate children and healthy young adults to protect them or pacify their fears.

Get a grip

Hectic

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 03:47:28 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 02:36:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2021, 02:31:22 PM

Taylor, I think and was on radio 5 live at about 8.45am today, I'm sure that is on catch up, just after he finished someone came on and told the BBC to be fairer in their news covering and stop going along the government line sort of thing...

Thanks.

Would you mind going back and listening to 5 Live and perhaps revising what you posted?  Both in terms of who was talking and what was said.

On the positive sounds like you were concentrating on the road more than the radio.

Safety first 😜

Going to help you out.  The Taylor in the mix was Matthew Taylor the chief of the NHS Confederation.  But his input was of impending crisis if direction of travel of cases continued as is.  But no mention of vaccination status and hospitalisation.

Hospitals being full of unvaccinated was mentioned.  This was the input of the caller Andrew from Yeovil. And even at that he was quoting someone on another radio station.

Honestly.

Given what was said this morning and I would almost be expecting an apology but don't worry I don't expect that from any of you bed wetters.

So just leave it with the knowledge I am having a chuckle.

And genuinely happy you were clearly more focused on the road.

Easy done.

Hectic

Quote from: thebigfella on October 20, 2021, 05:46:18 PM

Get a grip

It is sick.

We were blessed that this virus does not have any great impact on children.

What have we done with that blessing?

Smashed their education, their social development, their levels of fitness, their mental health etc.

And now we have a band of massive weirdos wanting to vaccinate them to mainly protect the old and frail, those unlucky with health and those who have not looked after themselves.

Sorry but I make absolutely no apologies for use of the word sickos.

Totally counter intuitive to human nature.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2021, 05:51:25 PM

Get a grip

It is sick.

Smashed their education, their social development, their levels of fitness, their mental health etc.

And now we have a band of massive weirdos wanting to vaccinate them to mainly protect the old and frail, those unlucky with health and those who have not looked after themselves.

Children would rather have a 2 second jab than do without a sibling, parent or grandparent who happens to to "unlucky with health".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hectic

Quote from: armaghniac on October 20, 2021, 05:57:52 PM

Get a grip

It is sick.

Children would rather have a 2 second jab than do without a sibling, parent or grandparent who happens to to "unlucky with health".

But vaccination does not stop spread.  I thought we were all on that page?

Clearly many of those who are calling for vaccination of children as a protective barrier don't get this.

And again why the public need to be better informed on every aspect.

thebigfella

Get a grip

It is sick.

WTF are you on about.

Hectic

Quote from: thebigfella on October 20, 2021, 06:10:55 PM

Get a grip

It is sick.

WTF are you on about.

Great contribution their Big Fella 👍