2016 All Stars

Started by ONeill, July 20, 2016, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Conroy is 7/2 on PP...for the half forward line  ::)
Dec Kyne is 2/1 for a FB line position to be fair.

Mclf

Where are all the roscommon galacticos on these short lists or are bookies not offering odds on them as they will be too short? Surely at least 26 of them, at least are in the running for top awards such in the high esteem the very knowledgeable Syferus rates them?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 20, 2016, 10:37:51 PM

If Galway did get to a semi final they you'd think they'd get at least one All star.

ONeill

Sorry, these are the odds without the Roscommon players included. The market is closed with Roscommon included.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 20, 2016, 10:42:37 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 20, 2016, 10:37:51 PM

If Galway did get to a semi final they you'd think they'd get at least one All star.

All depends on who the two finalists are and how they do really, if Dublin win back to back All Ireland's they'll have been undefeated all year, the All Star voters never needed any encouragement to give the Dubs votes even when they were going bad!
If Galway don't win the Q-final we definitely won't get one anyway regardless of how the players in contention for the awards play.

Mclf

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2016, 10:43:06 PM
Sorry, these are the odds without the Roscommon players included. The market is closed with Roscommon included.

Understandable, the bookies have got cleaned for umpteen years in a row offering any kind of odds on the galacticos.

If Galway make it to a semi final they probably will get one all star, Comer would be an obvious choice but Bradshaw could be a good outside bet, was very good so far in the sweeper role.

ONeill

Tyrone won Ulster in '07 but received no All Stars so it's not a given.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

If the all Ireland is a tight match the finalists will get 11 or so all stars. Winners 7 and losers 4.
If it is a massacre the losers get 2.
Semi finalists usually get 1 as a minimum. At least one allstar is reserved for plámás for a team like Monaghan or because a very good player on a team that  got nowhere is good for interviews.Tyrone would not be in contention for the plámás all star because of the notions the team has.

Longford deserve one after beating the mushroom county.

redzone

Mark lynch at 13/2 makes a mockery of the competition. The man wasn't fit to run in the first round.

Mclf

What does Brogan know? Where are all the Rossies in his article, he has 2 Galway lads on it that are from a team that are deemed vastly deferrier to Roscommon on the pitch and on the sideline.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Mclf on July 22, 2016, 12:54:04 PM
What does Brogan know? Where are all the Rossies in his article, he has 2 Galway lads on it that are from a team that are deemed vastly deferrier to Roscommon on the pitch and on the sideline.

It might be time to let that go now.

oakleaflad

Quote from: redzone on July 21, 2016, 08:27:06 AM
Mark lynch at 13/2 makes a mockery of the competition. The man wasn't fit to run in the first round.
So a man playing through the pain barrier makes a mockery of the competition? He helped dragged Derry through against Meath and Cavan and has scored 0-16 in the championship so far.

Canalman

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2016, 10:56:39 PM
Tyrone won Ulster in '07 but received no All Stars so it's not a given.

Yep. Happened also  to Dublin twice I think. Other counties also.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .