2016 All Stars

Started by ONeill, July 20, 2016, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Of the teams who have exited the Championship, who stands a tiny chance of a nomination? Any Cavan, Fermanagh or Monaghan lads? Corrigan had a couple of good games. Longford should get a couple.

Diarmuid Connolly 5/1 for POTY. Kilkenny and Harte on 8s. Brogan at 11. Sean Cav is 40/1 - tempting if he puts in a clinker in the quarter.
O'Donoghue at 12/1 and Cillian O'Connor 20/1. Damien Comer is the Galway choice at 33/1
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

cadhlancian

AZOffaly

Might get a goalie nomination?

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2016, 08:11:46 PM
Of the teams who have exited the Championship, who stands a tiny chance of a nomination? Any Cavan, Fermanagh or Monaghan lads? Corrigan had a couple of good games. Longford should get a couple.

Diarmuid Connolly 5/1 for POTY. Kilkenny and Harte on 8s. Brogan at 11. Sean Cav is 40/1 - tempting if he puts in a clinker in the quarter.
O'Donoghue at 12/1 and Cillian O'Connor 20/1. Damien Comer is the Galway choice at 33/1

What is Diarmuid O'Connor?

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on July 20, 2016, 08:27:16 PM

A Mayo forward who doesn't score enough.

ONeill

Quote from: muppet on July 20, 2016, 08:27:16 PM

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-football/all-ireland-sfc?ev_oc_grp_ids=1007817

ONeill

PP has it

Cluxton
McMahon, McCarron, Cooper
Harte, O'Sullivan, Murphy
Fenton, Colm Cav/Donnelly/Moran
Connolly, Kilkenny, D O'Connor
Brogan, Rock, McManaman/O'Neill

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2016, 08:40:46 PM
PP has it

Cluxton
McMahon, McCarron, Cooper
Harte, O'Sullivan, Murphy
Fenton, Colm Cav/Donnelly/Moran
Connolly, Kilkenny, D O'Connor
Brogan, Rock, McManaman/O'Neill

AOS is the 13th listed by PP.

Also, Kieran Kilkenny might see some more time in the hb line after McCarthy's injury.

I think BB & JOD (another omission from your team) are probably the best value at the moment.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

twohands!!!

Quote from: muppet on July 20, 2016, 08:49:50 PM

Also, Kieran Kilkenny might see some more time in the hb line after McCarthy's injury.

I think BB & JOD (another omission from your team) are probably the best value at the moment.

He can switch with Murphy who hasn't played in the half-back line for Kerry this year.

The fact that JOD is 5th favourite for POTY despite only coming on the 58th minute of the Tipp game is a bit of a strange one.

Cluxton at favourite for the goalkeeping spot at 6/4 is another strangeish one - has he made any sort of a decent save so far? Could he win another All-Star on the basis of his kickouts when the vast majority have been short uncontested ones.

Midfield overall is a bit of an odd one - I can see this one being driven by who is likely to go far but Fenton at 11/10 seems very short odds as does Moran at 7/2 I'd have said the two Tyrone lads are a bit long (especially seeing as they can't meet Dublin until the final) as while they haven't been great they've been a bit better than the competition. I think the way the game has gone makes a bit of a mockery of the midfield All-Star category

Brian Fenton 11/10
David Moran 7/2
Matthew Donnelly 7/2
Colm Cavanagh 7/2
Michael D MacAuley 6/1
Mark Lynch 13/2
Seamus O'Shea 7/1
Anthony Maher 7/1
Thomas Flynn 10/1
Odhran McNiallais 12/1
Johnny Buckley 12/1
Gary Brennan 14/1
Peter Acheson 16/1
Tom Parsons 16/1
Barry Moran 20/1
Enda Smith 20/1
Ian Maguire 20/1
Ruairi Deane 28/1

Whishtup

twohands!!!

Quote from: Whishtup on July 20, 2016, 10:10:11 PM
Danny Cummins?

9/2 which is joint 8th favourite

Lots of competition in the full forward line and I just can't see Galway going far enough for Cummins to force his way into a top three spot.

An Fhairche Abu

Paul Conroy has probably been Galway's best player, deserves to be on that group of midfielders a lot more than some listed there including Tom Flynn.
Declan Kyne was mentioned by two separate writers (one of them is definitely an All Star voter I think) on Monday as a front runner for the full back position.
Of course unless you get to an All Ireland final good play in the provincial championships is irrelevant when it comes to All Stars and this is surely why any Galway players are long shots across the board.

Maroon Manc

What odds are Conroy? He must be shorter than Flynn at 10/1.