2016 Season Ticket

Started by Mayo Club 51, October 08, 2015, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

criostlinn

Where does it say on the email about an all Ireland ticket if your county qualifies.

- All your County's Allianz League round matches plus all League semi finals, play-offs and finals in that code
- Your County's opening Championship fixture
- All Allianz League round matches in your selected code. So if you have a Longford Football Season Ticket you can go to any Allianz League Football match.
- AIB GAA Club All-Ireland Finals in Croke Park on St. Patrick's Day.
- €5 off the rest of your county's Championship games

Farrandeelin

I sent them a strong worded email. I wonder if they will reply in kind.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

donelli

Am a season tickrt holder since its inception in 2008.
The greed of this increase is unacceptable by the GAA.
33% increase on the season ticket from 2014 to 2016. (75 to 99)
50% increase on club+ in last year (135 to 200)
100% increase on juvenile in last year (10 to 20). Juveniles are free into nfl game. The only advantage of them is that they can sit with an adult.

No justification given from gaa for the increase.

Croke park now only interested in the 2k season tickets each for kerrys/dublin/mayo where they know they will sell regardless as decent chance of reaching AI final and securing tickets through ST are certain.

All counties with little chance of getting to AI final needn't bother with this scheme now. Seems celtic tiger part 2 has gotten a hold of some financers working in D2.  Think I'll be swerving it which is a pity. Yet again its another occasion Croke Park loses touch with its supporters.

Throw ball

Never mind the GPA we will be needing a Gaelic Supporters Association soon. Croke Park need to remember that without supporters there will be no sponsors, no players, no need for officials in Croke Park, no fancy trips to Australia etc.

Rossfan

Quote from: donelli on October 14, 2015, 11:49:35 PM
100% increase on juvenile in last year (10 to 20). Juveniles are free into nfl game. The only advantage of them is that they can sit with an adult.

Croke park now only interested in the 2k season tickets each for kerrys/dublin/mayo where they know they will sell regardless as decent chance of reaching AI final and securing tickets through ST are certain.

All counties with little chance of getting to AI final needn't bother with this scheme now. Seems celtic tiger part 2 has gotten a hold of some financers working in D2.  Think I'll be swerving it which is a pity. Yet again its another occasion Croke Park loses touch with its supporters.
+1.
Are they trying to get rid of them in around 25 Counties?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: donelli on October 14, 2015, 11:49:35 PM

It's not only that Dublin, Kerry, Mayo have a good chance of getting to an AI final, it's also that they dominate their province and therefore fans will know months in advance when and where the games will be.

Take a county like Wexford. Maybe dumped into the first round of qualifiers, play Antrim away. If they win, next week Leitrim away, then Sligo away, Derry away etc. Big journeys that costs the average fan a fortune. They'll maybe have 2 or 3 days to organise the trip, time off, hotels. Any team that gets a good run in the back door, face 5 or 6 games week in week out. That's a hell of an expense. That's not good enough. And if a fan can't travel for these spur of the moment games they're still charged for them. Where's the attraction in that?

larryin89

In fairness to the GAA I think they have us spoilt with cheap admission prices in general .

How does the working class man across the water do it week in week out ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Croí na hÉireann

To be fair Benny, you do get one opt out and a fiver off the championship tickets.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

BennyCake

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 15, 2015, 11:29:56 AM
To be fair Benny, you do get one opt out and a fiver off the championship tickets.

Unlikely that you would drive the length of the country to avail of that though.

larryin89

Quote from: BennyCake on October 15, 2015, 12:31:41 PM

Unlikely that you would drive the length of the country to avail of that though.

Why wouldn't you go though ? A supporter who follows his/her county should go to all games where possible , how many games does a senior county team have in a year , league and championship , let's leave out the semis and final as most counties won't get that far obviously ? 12 average be fair estimate ?

BennyCake

Quote from: larryin89 on October 15, 2015, 01:09:04 PM

Why wouldn't you go though ? A supporter who follows his/her county should go to all games where possible , how many games does a senior county team have in a year , league and championship , let's leave out the semis and final as most counties won't get that far obviously ? 12 average be fair estimate ?

As I said, it's the quick turnaround of games. 2 or 3 days to arrange time off work, hotels, etc. My own county, we could be in Limerick one week, Waterford next, Wexford next. That's a lot of expense in a short time and most people just can't afford that. Taking a family to a game is expensive without having to throw in a hotel, meals, and a 600 mile round trip.

Mayo's fixtures are virtually set in stone these days and well spaced out so it's easier to do. Kerry, Dublin likewise. Hence the huge uptake of ST in those counties

larryin89

Quote from: BennyCake on October 15, 2015, 01:36:02 PM

As I said, it's the quick turnaround of games. 2 or 3 days to arrange time off work, hotels, etc. My own county, we could be in Limerick one week, Waterford next, Wexford next. That's a lot of expense in a short time and most people just can't afford that. Taking a family to a game is expensive without having to throw in a hotel, meals, and a 600 mile round trip.

Mayo's fixtures are virtually set in stone these days and well spaced out so it's easier to do. Kerry, Dublin likewise. Hence the huge uptake of ST in those counties

Ahh sorry pal I took you out of context there , yes I can see your point but is that not more to do with a county being good enough to go route one . Unless they came up with alt packages to suit maybe.

BennyCake

Quote from: larryin89 on October 15, 2015, 01:50:21 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 15, 2015, 01:36:02 PM

Ahh sorry pal I took you out of context there , yes I can see your point but is that not more to do with a county being good enough to go route one . Unless they came up with alt packages to suit maybe.

Yes I suppose the fact Armagh aren't as good these days is an issue, but it's the same for most struggling counties.

Tyrone sat twiddling their thumbs for 5 weeks after Donegal, then right, you're heading to god knows where in 5 days time. Fans and players treated like crap. That's not good enough.

The season ticket is a good idea but it doesn't suit with the current championship format. Matches need to be set months in advance, and spaced out so teams and fans can arrange things.

mayo.mick

Your're right there Benny. We've been spoilt here as Mayo fans the last 4/5 years. I have our opening championship match in London next May booked 3 weeks ago! (hope it doesn't change date  ??? )
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

larryin89

Quote from: mayo.mick on October 15, 2015, 03:09:52 PM
Your're right there Benny. We've been spoilt here as Mayo fans the last 4/5 years. I have our opening championship match in London next May booked 3 weeks ago! (hope it doesn't change date  ??? )

Is it bank holiday weekend mick?