County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 27, 2021, 04:41:18 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 27, 2021, 03:11:21 AM
Declan Bonner is reapplying for the Donegal job.

I'd imagine his chances hinge fairly strongly on whoever else is interested.

Will Donegal supporters be happy if Bonner remains in charge? No All-Ireland semi final appearance since 2014, that's underachievement for the players available to Donegal in my opinion.

For myself, one half feels it's time for a change for a fairly talented squad, the other that he didn't get the second chances the last two years to try to save the respective seasons.

Probably leaning towards change. But that is obviously contingent on who's available.

J70

Bonner gets another two years.

Apparently no one else was put forward by the clubs.

Best of luck to him, but he needs to make changes.

Unearthing a defender or two would be a good start.

ck

Quote from: J70 on August 30, 2021, 08:59:29 PM

Donegal have gone backways over the past 2 years. Amazed they've kept Bonner. There must have been no-one else? Or the clubs were purposely not given the time to nominate someone? Very strange that not one single candidate was put forward. Smells fishy.

J70

Quote from: ck on August 31, 2021, 12:37:02 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 30, 2021, 08:59:29 PM

Donegal have gone backways over the past 2 years. Amazed they've kept Bonner. There must have been no-one else? Or the clubs were purposely not given the time to nominate someone? Very strange that not one single candidate was put forward. Smells fishy.

They've had a month to come up with someone.

And honestly, aside from the obvious elephant in the room who might see it as a step backwards, from his perspective, there aren't many names come to mind from within the county.

Bonner got it courtesy of his profile and the very recent success he'd had in guiding a good chunk of the squad through various underage levels.

If the county board didn't want him, they'd probably have had to go outside the county.

Captain Scarlet

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

rodney trotter

O Connor is talking like Keane is already gone , he isn't yet. be he agreed to manage Kildare for 2022 and talking about wanting to manage kerry.

SouthDublinBro

Doesn't matter who Donegal chose or what anyone else in Ulster does. That Tyrone team have that ulster title on lock for at least the next 2/3 years.

hoynevalley

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 31, 2021, 08:07:59 PM
O Connor is talking like Keane is already gone , he isn't yet. be he agreed to manage Kildare for 2022 and talking about wanting to manage kerry.

Would save the lilywhites a few fortune off the books. Give job to Glen Ryan or Daithi Burke.

ck

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 31, 2021, 09:32:39 PM
Doesn't matter who Donegal chose or what anyone else in Ulster does. That Tyrone team have that ulster title on lock for at least the next 2/3 years.

Whilst Tyrone were impressive on Sunday, dominance in Ulster is far from a given. Derry and Armagh are coming and getting stronger. Monaghan havent gone away and Donegal whilst regressing in recent years still have talent.

J70

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 31, 2021, 09:32:39 PM

We'll see. Donegal-Tyrone games have been tight for the past decade with the exception of one game in 2017. Who has the hunger and intensity on the day makes a huge difference as does the breaks in terms of injuries and fitness and the other random things like missed penalties  :P. I'd be fairly confident of Donegal putting it up to them. I'd say the others will be the same. There'll be no bowing down to our Tyrone overlords in Ulster.  ;D

yellowcard

Armamike

If Tyrone do manage to win the AI this year history shows us they tend to dine out the following year.
That's just, like your opinion man.

twohands!!!

Ronan McCarthy gone in Cork.

Very much given the bullet based on the article below.

QuoteThe executive of Cork GAA has decided not to extend his term into the final season of their two-year agreement, despite McCarthy's desire and eagerness to do so. It is understood a meeting of the Executive Monday night rubber-stamped the decision.

Record defeat to Kerry, getting relegated to Division 3 and getting caught breaking the Covid ban rolling around on the beach in Youghal some of the low lights.

Evidence of a different approach by the Cork CB.

I'd say if Frank and friends were still running things he'd have every chance of getting to see out his last year.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40387241.html

Blowitupref

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 07, 2021, 02:19:37 PM
Ronan McCarthy gone in Cork.

Very much given the bullet based on the article below.

QuoteThe executive of Cork GAA has decided not to extend his term into the final season of their two-year agreement, despite McCarthy's desire and eagerness to do so. It is understood a meeting of the Executive Monday night rubber-stamped the decision.

Record defeat to Kerry, getting relegated to Division 3 and getting caught breaking the Covid ban rolling around on the beach in Youghal some of the low lights.

Evidence of a different approach by the Cork CB.

I'd say if Frank and friends were still running things he'd have every chance of getting to see out his last year.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40387241.html

Keith Ricken the obvious replacement and upgrade.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose