Poll

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Author Topic: Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland SF 2021  (Read 65348 times)

BennyCake

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland SF 2021
« Reply #1425 on: September 16, 2021, 05:39:56 PM »
Teams that reached the AlI Ireland semi finals since Donegal did last in 2014

Dublin 7 times
Mayo 6
Kerry 5
Tyrone 4
Tipperary 2
Monaghan 1
Galway 1
Cavan 1

2015 to 2021 teams that reached the All-Ireland Quarter finals and weren't good enough to go any further.

Kildare, Cork, Roscommon, Meath, Armagh, Clare, Fermanagh and Donegal.

I think its a safe bet that the 2022 All-Ireland final will be 2 of 4 teams Tyrone, Mayo, Dublin, Kerry.

Should Tyrone not be on 5 there - 2015,2017,2018,2019 and 2021?

I would have to think very hard to name the semi final pairings  this last number of years. I think itís because the qualifier system has diluted the value of the provincial championships. Not only that, but weíve seemingly had nothing but an annual regurgitation of the same 4/5 teams at the semi finals stage.

Stall the Bailer

• View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: September 16, 2021, 05:50:04 PM »
In 2002 when Sligo beat Tyrone, few would have thought Tyrone would win the next year.
It was the same this year. All the top ten teams would feel that if they played Tyrone they could give them a good game and if they were beat it would less than 3 or 4 points. I would say all them would think they could improve by that much by next year. Score a goal more a game or tighten up in defence.
The likes of Dublin and Kerry could improve by more than that. I hope Tyrone improve again and keep all at arms length for another while yet.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: September 16, 2021, 08:14:48 PM »
Teams that reached the AlI Ireland semi finals since Donegal did last in 2014

Dublin 7 times
Mayo 6
Kerry 5
Tyrone 4
Tipperary 2
Monaghan 1
Galway 1
Cavan 1

2015 to 2021 teams that reached the All-Ireland Quarter finals and weren't good enough to go any further.

Kildare, Cork, Roscommon, Meath, Armagh, Clare, Fermanagh and Donegal.

I think its a safe bet that the 2022 All-Ireland final will be 2 of 4 teams Tyrone, Mayo, Dublin, Kerry.

Should Tyrone not be on 5 there - 2015,2017,2018,2019 and 2021?

I would have to think very hard to name the semi final pairings  this last number of years. I think itís because the qualifier system has diluted the value of the provincial championships. Not only that, but weíve seemingly had nothing but an annual regurgitation of the same 4/5 teams at the semi finals stage.

The super 8s killed it a bit. I really hope nothing like that comes back.

HokeyPokey

• Holy Test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 16, 2021, 09:47:45 PM »
Still not too shabby an achievement reaching an ai final. Not that many have done it in recent years. They didn't beat the "big three" but still beat decent teams to get there.

I don't disagree with you that this year took me and probably most of Tyrone by surprise but I don't think Donegal. Monaghan, Armagh, Meath, Galway or cork have an ai in them or tbh close. Donegal could only at a push get near it with Murphy still about but they are really going to dip when he goes.

To counter my own argument though I think if Donegal for Tyrone early they could beat them lol. Latter stages with back door etc back I don't think they could though.
So to break it down, you think Donegal are capable of beating Tyrone in Ulster but not any later.
I think they are capable of doing it at any time of the championship. I also extend that to being capable of beating Kerry and Mayo.

In fairness, there have been many times where Tyrone have lost to Donegal or Monaghan in Ulster in recent years but then have always beaten them when it came to the AI series. Given Tyrone would then frustratingly lose to Mayo, Dublin or Kerry.
No Ifs, No buts, No Maybes, TOTAL FAITH

Duine Inteacht Eile

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #1429 on: September 17, 2021, 06:43:24 AM »
Lumping Donegal and Monaghan in together certainly skews it in favour of that narrative.
Monaghan have only beaten Tyrone once in Ulster in ages.
Donegal have beaten them a right few times in Ulster but yes, that one time they met later on in the championship Tyrone came out the right side of a nip/tuck game. A superb last 10 minutes for Tyrone with some cracking performances off the bench won it for them.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 17, 2021, 08:43:40 AM »
Itís not really a narrative tbh. Donegal, who are a team I like a lot, have been disappointing all things considered for a few years and those semi final stats back that up. They have so much promise and havenít lived up to it.

Tyrone always develop as a team as the year goes on. Mayo are like that too. 

StephenC

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 17, 2021, 09:40:52 AM »
Please stop talking about us  ;D

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 17, 2021, 10:03:33 AM »
I have to say I'm a closet Donegal fan as well..they play great football at times and have unearthed some superb ballers this past few years..Thomson, Langan, McGee etc to compliment McHugh, McBrearty, Murphy etc
these are players that are capable of winning All irelands and would have medals if playing for Tyrone

But there has to be something seriously wrong with the setup as they fall pretty much at the same hurdle year on year

tiempo

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 17, 2021, 10:17:39 AM »
I have to say I'm a closet Donegal fan as well..they play great football at times and have unearthed some superb ballers this past few years..Thomson, Langan, McGee etc to compliment McHugh, McBrearty, Murphy etc
these are players that are capable of winning All irelands and would have medals if playing for Tyrone

But there has to be something seriously wrong with the setup as they fall pretty much at the same hurdle year on year

Is that an amalgamation you have in mind or just had they been born in Tyrone?

Just imagine the potential if the Rossies and Mayonnaise put their differences aside.

And spare a thought for poor Enda Muldoon, an actual Tyrone man who toiled away with Derry  :-X

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: September 17, 2021, 01:17:48 PM »
my point is they have the players, seems to be a mentality issue...

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #1435 on: September 17, 2021, 01:21:25 PM »
Their style of play doesn't seem to help.
They get loads of possession but don't turn enough of it into scires.
Their first instinct when they see a defender is to kick the ball back!
Remember we're a noble race from a land where Kings once trod.

maddog

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 17, 2021, 01:54:59 PM »

Just imagine the potential if the Rossies and Mayonnaise put their differences aside.

They can't be civil with each other here in Birmingham so not sure how the Ballagh strip would react.