Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

The Aristocrat

Quote from: mikehunt on August 31, 2015, 08:04:12 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 07:53:46 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue hlink=topic=26140.msg1508958#msg1508958 date=1441046908
Interesting comments by Pat McEnaney.

http://www.balls.ie/gaa/interview-pat-mcenaney-disputes-that-philly-mcmahon-head-butted-aidan-oshea/306990

Everyone will be apologising now to philly, starting with the lads on this site then Aiden o Shea will come out to the media tomorrow and apologise if imagine.

That your last word on this?

Nearly, just waiting on o Connors suspension news and might hang around to correct any slanderous and inaccurate posts.

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 31, 2015, 08:05:40 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 07:37:41 PM
Yeah I wasnt lieing, I'm not Aidan O Shea, thanks for backing up my point.

That's 'lying,' not 'lieing.' You're welcome.

Thanks for the correction. I was lieing there lying to myself thinking that I must have not have my spelling in order.

Estimator

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 08:44:18 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue hlink=topic=26140.msg1508958#msg1508958 date=1441046908

http://www.balls.ie/gaa/interview-pat-mcenaney-disputes-that-philly-mcmahon-head-butted-aidan-oshea/306990

Everyone will be apologising now to philly, starting with the lads on this site then Aiden o Shea will come out to the media tomorrow and apologise if imagine.

Nearly, just waiting on o Connors suspension news and might hang around to correct any slanderous and inaccurate posts.

Thanks for the correction. I was lieing there lying to myself thinking that I must have not have my spelling in order.
Once you have sorted your spelling, could you also look up slanderous in the dictionary? Good man.
Ulster League Champions 2009

mikehunt

Quote from: The Aristocrat link=topic=26140.msg150899

So nowhere near your last post if you will be correcting inaccurate posts by yourself. Carry on then. You've a lot to catch up on.

Tubberman

CCCC not taking any further action. Connolly only player to be suspended
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

JoG2

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 04:37:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2015, 04:32:06 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 31, 2015, 03:55:57 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 03:53:08 PM
Proof that Philly Mc did not headbutt O Shea, only leaned his head towards him, no contact made, slow it down if you like:

https://twitter.com/DubMatchTracker?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Brilliant footage, Philly did an excellent job all day on OShea, what a snakes manoeuvre by OShea

McMahon was acting the maggot yesterday. Fouling all day and never had a proper grasp on AOS even with two men backing him up at all times.

He held his face as if AOS had raked him across the eyes when they collided accidentally in the second half even though the replay showed AOS never touched McMahon's face with his hand. The ref had to get the linesman in before he knew there was nothing in it.

Not accurate, how many fouls did McMahon give away, I watched both closely, Philly had him under raps and O Shea who is meant to be the best player in the country didn't get much of a sniff of him. O Shea was acting the maggot in that incident you refer too. A lot of the Mayo team know how to play up to the officials.

Medic!

vallankumous

Quote from: Tubberman on August 31, 2015, 08:58:23 PM

Good sense prevails. They mustn't had Journalists phoning them demanding action this time.
Either that or they did and grew a set of balls in the meantime.

Red eye

If correct then why try this a few weeks ago with McCann?
The Cooper incident was terrible and while it has to be accepted that the referee dealt with this at the time, there was no dealing with the head butting incident.
Pat McEnaney should not administer the penalties based on player knowledge - it should be based on the actions in the present!

To feign an injury will result in retrospective investigation / penalty, but to head butt - as long as undetected at the time is fine? Just waiting on the Tyrone contingent to whinge again 😀😀

tyroneboi

Right Indiana time to get on the phone to your contacts in the CCCC . . .

The Aristocrat

The stars are aligning for Mayo. Disbelief that O Connor has not been suspended. The CCCC can make up for it they will and should let Connolly off on appeal . Review of CCCC for next year, not fulfilling its purpose, o Connor is free to tap 20 yard frees over the bar now that the ref will give him easily the next day.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Estimator on August 31, 2015, 08:52:22 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 08:44:18 PM

Once you have sorted your spelling, could you also look up slanderous in the dictionary? Good man.

Leave it out man, its the auto spell on my phone  ;)

moysider

On what grounds will Connolly contest the red card? Or is it going to be contested?

He can hardly go in to a hearing and say. 'well a bloke got off last week for getting a red and so should I'?

Or can he?

Red eye

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 09:21:37 PM
The stars are aligning for Mayo. Disbelief that O Connor has not been suspended. The CCCC can make up for it they will and should let Connolly off on appeal . Review of CCCC for next year, not fulfilling its purpose, o Connor is free to tap 20 yard frees over the bar now that the ref will give him easily the next day.

Disbelief that based on the video there would be a case to answer - as someone said previously it seemed fairly innocuous and the instigator was ROC.
Are Dublin really that scared of Cillian O'Connor? If they concede the frees then the free taker will prosper - another solution - don't concede the frees - surely that is the way to deal with it?

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 09:23:48 PM
On what grounds will Connolly contest the red card? Or is it going to be contested?

He can hardly go in to a hearing and say. 'well a bloke got off last week for getting a red and so should I'?

Or can he?

How can the assault on O'Carroll go unpunished?

Or can it?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Hound

Quote from: moysider on August 31, 2015, 09:23:48 PM

Or can he?
He'll use the same defence, that there wasn't sufficient evidence of a clear strike.
Keane should never have got off, so Dublin will be hoping for a repeat. But there's absolutely no telling what the CCCC will do.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Red eye on August 31, 2015, 09:26:15 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 09:21:37 PM

Disbelief that based on the video there would be a case to answer - as someone said previously it seemed fairly innocuous and the instigator was ROC.
Are Dublin really that scared of Cillian O'Connor? If they concede the frees then the free taker will prosper - another solution - don't concede the frees - surely that is the way to deal with it?

Most overated player in the country, with the amount of easy frees Mayo got in front of the post, soft and diving frees, even I would had scored 1 , say 1-06! Afraid no. what he did was dangerous and wild. As I said if they let Connolly off it will even if up and we will have a cracker on Saturday.

O Shea has a lot to answer for too, top bloke and player but caught out now with a little fib to the media, probably told to say it my the Mayo (laughs) co managers. Shouldn't be forgotten next week.