Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Nihilist

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 02:51:25 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 02:49:59 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 02:40:09 PM
Is this the incident where McMahon deliberately takes O'Shea out, so he can't make the tackle on the Dub with the ball? He never got a bang on the head there at all.

That's the one all right. Soccer players in Premiership should be watching to get pointers. Lot of "soccer" fans at the game yesterday as well with all the Oleing. Very un-classy and never was a part of the GAA game. Shows what very arrogant fans they are.

For that alone I hope they get bet.

In fairness, I think the oléing was responding to the Mayo fans jeering the Dubs playing keep ball as the Mayo defence was in place. I don't think it was Meath 2001 all over again or anything like that.

Nope - that doesn't justify it. You can't make a case there to have it brought into the game.  As to the jeering - well most of that has come from Dub supporters over every free that ever had to be taken into the hill in the past 20 years. As a result it's now more or less accepted in the game.

But there is no place for the Oleing at all in my opinion whatever. When Meath did it to Kerry in 2001 it was disgusting but luckily Meath got their comeuppance against Galway in the final.

Dublin fans resurrected it yesterday again though. It was more sickening to hear it again cos I though it was history.

mikehunt

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 02:49:47 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 02:47:31 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on August 31, 2015, 01:30:33 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 12:46:33 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 12:35:30 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 31, 2015, 12:29:35 PM
Quote from: Mario on August 31, 2015, 12:24:54 PM
If Tyrone had played like Dublin yesterday there would have been a massive media backlash in the South focusing on their cynical play. I look forward to listening to off the ball to see if Parkinson is as outraged by the Dubs.

Dubs and Mayo you mean.

Anyway, lets hope justice is done and O Connor misses the replay.

So on your rationale out for Mayo go O'Connor
And out for Dublin so should go Cluxton, McMahon, Cooper, O'Sullivan, Connolly,

The only serious and dangerous injury was O Connor on O' Carroll, the others were dangerous but no one got seriously injured, O  Connor put O Carroll in hospital with 10 stiches and could have ended his season if he doesn't play next week and Dubs lose, a dangerous and wild strike back, one match ban.

Cooper very lucky not be shown red as was Lee Keegan and maybe a couple of others but O Connors was wild.

Based on the serious injury rule all Dubs will be banned from the Hill next Saturday. Lot of Mayo supporters claiming to have contracted Hep C yesterday.

Good one Mike, very intelligent, surprised the Mods allowed this one or else it could be a free for all.

The way the mods work on this website they are happy enough for Dubs to be called junkies but not for Ballina people to be called itinerants

With your levels of paranoia you have to be on drugs. If not, you should be.

AZOffaly

I think you might be over reacting there. The Oléing used to be a taunt to the losing team that you can't get the ball back. That's what Meath were at in 2001. That's not what the Dubs were at yesterday.

vallankumous

The dubs were getting cheered for playing 'keep ball' while Donegal got boo'd for it in the Quarter Final.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

north down

Quote from: vallankumous on August 31, 2015, 03:05:59 PM
The dubs were getting cheered for playing 'keep ball' while Donegal got boo'd for it in the Quarter Final.
Ah but the Dubs did it in a manly way and in a way that all great footballing teams do!

Nihilist

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 03:05:25 PM
I think you might be over reacting there. The Oléing used to be a taunt to the losing team that you can't get the ball back. That's what Meath were at in 2001. That's not what the Dubs were at yesterday.

And I think you are trying to make a strong case to bring it into the game. Lots of stronger teams will play keep ball especially against blanket defenses. Should all fans then taunt the opposition for trying to stick to a gameplan?

JoG2

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 01:22:16 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 31, 2015, 01:05:36 PM
As i say previously the O`Connor incident wasn't even a  free, Connolly suspension will stand, Coopers has already been dealt with with a  yellow. If McMahon gets off after all his carry on the GAA a mess. Its a pitch your manger didn't want to chase up the broken jaw incident in the Armagh game saying your so concerned with a man getting 10stitches in a accidental collision/

Connolly will get off.

How will he get off? 

AZOffaly

Quote from: Nihilist on August 31, 2015, 03:10:51 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 03:05:25 PM

And I think you are trying to make a strong case to bring it into the game. Lots of stronger teams will play keep ball especially against blanket defenses. Should all fans then taunt the opposition for trying to stick to a gameplan?

Not at all. I'm just saying it wasn't the same thing at all. You seem determined to imply the Dubs were being unsporting there. They weren't.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: JoG2 on August 31, 2015, 03:12:05 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2015, 01:22:16 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 31, 2015, 01:05:36 PM
As i say previously the O`Connor incident wasn't even a  free, Connolly suspension will stand, Coopers has already been dealt with with a  yellow. If McMahon gets off after all his carry on the GAA a mess. Its a pitch your manger didn't want to chase up the broken jaw incident in the Armagh game saying your so concerned with a man getting 10stitches in a accidental collision/

Connolly will get off.

How will he get off?

Because the GAA is a joke

Mayo4Sam14

Any word on the referee for the replay?

The Aristocrat

AZOffaly

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 31, 2015, 03:08:22 PM
http://www.balls.ie/gaa/diarmuid-connollys-red-card/306887

Connolly throws a dig yes. OConnor throws one on 46 secs also

Nah, that wasn't a dig. He was trying to shove Connolly off Keegan. Keegan started all that by the way, he dragged Connolly down.