AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

thewobbler

It'd be interesting to know whether:

- Dublin had an active policy of preventing goals at all costs, hence the large number of fouls inside their half, or

- Dublin's defenders actually have no concept of how to tackle legally, but we've never really known this before as they're nearly always 20 points up in Leinster, and missing a tackle doesn't matter.

Either way, the Dub forwards must rattle up cricket scores during in-house games.

Declan

Disappointing game . Thought both teams went out no to lose the game rather than to try and win it. Both can say they could have/should have won it. Ref had a bad day at the office not helped by the antics of players on both sides. Mayo 5 points from play a damning indictment of their forwards. Serious lack of discipline from Dublin in getting the ball moved forward from frees but they still look much more capable of scoring than Mayo. Hard to know whether that game will bring Dublin on or not but my feeling watching it in there was we've gone backwards since last year - hope I'm wrong. Also I know he's been the best goalkeeper we've seen but I have a genuine fear that Cluxton may be near the end - not just based on his performance today but I think he's made more than a few uncharacteristic mistakes all summer. On a positive note Fenton looks like the real deal and McCaffrey and Kilkenny showed signs that they'll push on and Bernard is unmarkable given the right ball.   

ballinaman

I'd be inclined to agree wobbler, probably a bit of both. Dublins tackling was atrocious yesterday, worse than the Fermanagh match.

Vaughan will be a loss and we missed him yesterday. Grear man to transition the ball in attack, we had no presence in the half forward line in the first half.

O'Sullivan kicking their free backwards in injury time said a lot about Dublins psyche at the time.

McMahon, wow. What a lovely man.

Il Bomber Destro

Surely they can upgrade Cooper's yellow to a red? I recall them doing similar to Ricey for his knees down on John McEntee in 2005, Cooper's act yesterday was disgraceful and should be a 3 or 4 match ban.

imtommygunn

Yeah but then there was a lawyer involved and he got off did he not?

laceer

Can we not nail a few boys with discrediting the association?

The Aristocrat

A good hard battle there yesterday and a lot of stuff went on, these things happen, like they did last year between Mayo and Kerry and Tyrone and Monaghan, its knock out champo win at all costs.

Ref was out of his depth and made some poor calls for both sides.

Disappointed with Mayo crying to the media afterwards, they are no angels themselves but they have the backing of the whole country and media, and this is not being blinkered, look at all the headlines and articles in the papers today and tell me different.

Cillian o Connor should be banned for 1 year, serious injury, brutal attack. Lee Keegan should have got a straight red also. Cooper should have been shown red right in front of the ref, Philly Mc kept o Shea scoreless, that is what he was there to do and did it.

nrico2006

Anybody any footage of the Connolly incident?  From what I saw at the time there is no way Keegan should have stayed on the pitch as he was the one who wrestled Connolly to the ground. 

From seeing the COC incident, it is fairly clear that there is no case to be answered.  He was trying to break free from a cheat.  Nothing sickens me as much as the acceptance that we seem to have for jersey pulling and holding in our games.  As previously mentioned, he was shouting and jestering towards the umpires, of course he is not going to intentionally leave a man needing 11 stitches while doing so.  Some people cut easier than others, surprising the extent of the gash considering it looked like he was hit with a straight arm.  O'Connor was trying to shake him off but cannot know where his face is in that incident. 

Cluxton kicked out too, should be hit with a ban as it was a red card offence.

Was thinking at the time that McMahon headbutted or tried to headbutt AOS, the only thing that convinced me otherwise was the honest reaction of AOS who didn't make a meal out of it. 

Yesterday again shows how flawed the rule book is when half of us don't understand where players can be for kick-outs etc.  Does the rule book actually 'mean' to enforce a kick-out by the 13m line?  Or is this another balls of a rule where the ambiguity allows us to interpret it in that it can simply travel 13m any direction?

As well as that, how pathetic is it that we have a system that when someone commits a violent act and due to a referee's ineptitude or simply not seeing it 100% only gets a yellow and cannot be retrospectively punished no matter how damning the video evidence is.  Surely in Coopers case, yellow card or not he should face the punishment he deserves.  This should be the same for all players who act the thug.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Ahra would ya gway and shite aristocrat. 1 year ban me hole.

As Indy has been saying. It's written in the stars, Mayo won't play as badly for 60 minutes again  8)

Mrs mills

If seven people cannot control a game and accurately identify, report and decide on incidents...e.g. Penalty claims, violent conduct, black cards...then it's time to employ the Television Match Official.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: ballinaman on August 31, 2015, 09:14:21 AM
Ahra would ya gway and shite aristocrat. 1 year ban me hole.

As Indy has been saying. It's written in the stars, Mayo won't play as badly for 60 minutes again  8)

;) caused serious injury, could have been concussed with his history, put him out of the game and possibly next week.

I agree with you though, Mayo will win the replay with the whole country, the media, the GAA and the match officials all backing them. Dubs blew it and wont win the next day, too many  players out of form and the best player in the country missing.

blast05

Clearly Cillian had money on Dublin and wanted to get sent off to aid Dublins cause..... how else can you explain his efforts to gain the umpires attention just before hitting O'Carroll with his forearm ?

delgany

Leinster  is no prep.  For dubs  thats very clear  ...couldnt cope under the pressure yesterday.....its strange hoe pundits didnt highlight the violence in the afternoon programme  ....saving it for highlights package...hypocrisy  written all over that....

StephenC

One of the clearest cases of forearm gouging I've seen in a long time.

The Aristocrat

I would also like to say thanks for everyone on this forum for supporting and cheering on the Dubs yesterday, we appreciate your support and unbiased analysis.