Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 30, 2015, 11:03:18 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 30, 2015, 10:42:30 PM
11/12 stitches  should we go with 1 game ban per stitch??

While we are at it, since intent has nothing to do with it how long should the Dublin lad get for the injury to Vaughan?

You fool,  hard man Vaughan made the shoulder tackle and came off the worse of it

Or hard man ROC was pulling and dragging out of COC and came off the worse of it.

so people want COC suspended, the dublin player who injured Vaughan should also be suspended using the logic that the level of the injury should determine the punishment!!!

Hound

dunno how we survived that after Mayo getting level, with us out on our feet. The game will bring us on and while Connolly will be a huge loss, Mayo will only beat us if we play shite again, given their lack of firepower up front.

Can the real Paul Flynn please stand up. His workrate this year is about 50% of previous years. Quality is still there when he gets involved.
Need to get more ball into Bernard. No Mayo defender can cope with him, but that's not worth an iota if there's no good ball going in.

Should be a humdinger next Saturday. The winner will be better placed to beat Kerry than if they had won today.

Teo Lurley

I think the Dubs are going to slip a bit of their AIG money into the CCCC's pocket!

laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 30, 2015, 11:08:06 PM
I must watch this game on Tuesday night when they show it on Canadian TV.

Sounds like its not one for the faint hearted.
Save yourself some time and just watch the last 10minutes.
The rest of it was shite.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

vallankumous

Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2015, 01:19:17 AM
This and the AIF will be the 2 best games of the year (do we count Wmeath Meath?)

Really looking forward to it.

I didn't see it but heard Kildare Laois was a cracking game. Leinster might not be so bad after all.

Jinxy

Berno doesn't get the credit he deserves in my opinion.
Is seriously efficient in terms of using possession and must have the highest conversion ratio from play in the country.
Can win it high or low and lethal off both feet.
Plays the game the right way too.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2015, 11:12:19 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 30, 2015, 11:08:06 PM
I must watch this game on Tuesday night when they show it on Canadian TV.

Sounds like its not one for the faint hearted.
Save yourself some time and just watch the last 10minutes.
The rest of it was shite.

Nah nah, let him watch all of it  ;D

Whishtup

It's very clear that O'Connor didn't clench his fist and send an anchored elbow towards O'Carroll's head, but slapped back, catching him accidentally with his forearm.  Freak injury.  Very clear who Dubs see as the danger man for next week.

Donnellys Hollow

Do we ever talk about the actual football on here anymore?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Estimator

Has anyone mentioned the amount of stitches he received yet?
Ulster League Champions 2009

Chimley

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 30, 2015, 11:15:41 PM
Do we ever talk about the actual football on here anymore?

In fairness, there was very little on display today.

Teo Lurley

Anyway we can get both teams banned?

Wildweasel74

football? sorry ddint seen the minors today, probably the only football played all day!

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 11:02:14 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2015, 11:00:35 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 10:58:35 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2015, 10:55:29 PM
I think youre a mile off base here. It may be pursued but i will be shocked if coc is banned.

Prepare to be shocked. Because if they pursue Mc Mahon based on video evidence. COC goose is cooked.

That's what i'm hearing and in fairness I'm the one who said the Sunday Game would show the COC incident.

You never know Diarmuid may get off and then COC will get away with it  ;)

You'd be amazed how these things can all work out.

Would it be more difficult to get a player off a ban than get one banned whose incident wasn't dealt with during the game??

The Kevin Keane incident has the potential to change the face of all striking incidents coming before the Hearings Committee.

It was a remarkably dumb case to over-turn
Depends how he got off. Probably was a technicality which wouldn't happen again hopefully.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Westside on August 30, 2015, 10:42:49 PM
How long before Diarmuid Connolly seriously injures someone? A man who will hold someone down on the ground and drive a punch into their face is dangerous regardless if it's on the field. He's pleaded guilty to breaking a man's cheekbone on a night out, unprovoked.

Does breaking a lad's eye socket or cheekbone count?? I can't remember which it was.