AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

laoislad

Quote from: Rodman on August 30, 2015, 10:30:35 PM
Dublin were involved in more incidents today than Tyrone, public enemy no.1, were involved in all the past 10 years - constant sledging, karate kick tackles, clothes line tackles, foot trips, diving, feigning injury, headbutts, closed fist punches, off the ball nonsense.  I'm sure they will get vilified in the coming days the same way Tyrone were.  Time will tell.
We nearly went a whole page without Tyrone being mentioned.
Fair play to you for righting that wrong...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

straightred

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 30, 2015, 10:33:33 PM
Cluxton kicked out a O'Shea (who could have got a black for the tackle) & Cooper kicked out at o'Connor

Connelly clearer strikes/punches Keegan also pushes a mayo players head into the ground in the second half at one stage and involved in alot of incidents (not all his own making) O'Shea as a contrast should how to respond to teams trying to rise you and just got on with it

McMahon headbutts/attempts headbutt

O'Sullivan also strikes O'connor in the head, Bastick trips Moran.  MDMA black was harsh but he did take his two feet of the ground in the tackle

Nothing on the ROC/ COC incident, COC it looked like was trying to get a linemans/ref/umpires attention to pulling and in my view accidentally hit ROC

Naw - not having that. There was malice in it (as the stictches prove). He had a right good swing and hit him plum

screenexile

As a neutral I think O'Connor should be done for that. He struck and caused serious injury je definitely has a case to answer!!

Along with McMahon and Cooper who should both be banned for their respective transgressions.

As mentioned on the other thread Connolly is a fantastic footballer but as long as he engages in that nonsense it will stop him being one of the greats.

PadraicHenryPearse

11/12 stitches  should we go with 1 game ban per stitch??

While we are at it, since intent has nothing to do with it how long should the Dublin lad get for the injury to Vaughan?

Westside

How long before Diarmuid Connolly seriously injures someone? A man who will hold someone down on the ground and drive a punch into their face is dangerous regardless if it's on the field. He's pleaded guilty to breaking a man's cheekbone on a night out, unprovoked.

Wildweasel74

Cooper got a yellow for his crude tackle/jump so that's incident dealt with, i dont think they can come back to it and upgrade the card or can they, as they can downgrade cards given so surely the same works vice verse?

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Whishtup

Tyrone Monaghan last ten minutes like Strictly Come Dancing compared to this game.  Kerry Mayo Final with Kerry advancing with the best firepower in the country.

Chimley

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2015, 10:39:02 PM
As a neutral I think O'Connor should be done for that. He struck and caused serious injury je definitely has a case to answer!!

Along with McMahon and Cooper who should both be banned for their respective transgressions.

As mentioned on the other thread Connolly is a fantastic footballer but as long as he engages in that nonsense it will stop him being one of the greats.

He cannot be aware of where O Carrolls head is as he's trying to break free from the tackle. That can't be a deliberate strike with any intent.

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 30, 2015, 10:43:14 PM
Cooper got a yellow for his crude tackle/jump so that's incident dealt with, i dont think they can come back to it and upgrade the card or can they, as they can downgrade cards given so surely the same works vice verse?

Once a referee has dealt with the incident I think that's it!

Lad's I'm no great Dubs supporter but O'Connor definitely has a case to answer in my opinion. As a great man once said "ye strak ye go" and O'Connor clearly struck out at O'Carroll!!!

tonto1888

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 10:44:13 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 30, 2015, 10:41:12 PM
Quote from: StephenC on August 30, 2015, 10:30:26 PM
http://www.balls.ie/gaa/rory-ocarroll/306891?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Nothing horrendous about that. Disappointing actually, given the suspense beforehand.

He was clearly waving at the umpires and caught him accidentally.

I don't think that's correct but I agree that it was accidental

FL/MAYO

http://www.balls.ie/gaa/rory-ocarroll/306891?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Nothing horrendous about that. Disappointing actually, given the suspense beforehand.

Obvioously he was trying to get the umpires attention before he intentionally hit him in the face.

Bord na Mona man

His arm flapping was almost camp, I reckon it wouldn't have left a scratch on a lot of other players. Seemingly the criteria for retrospective punishment seems to be the number of stitches it required after.

Chimley

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2015, 10:48:10 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 30, 2015, 10:43:14 PM

Once a referee has dealt with the incident I think that's it!

Lad's I'm no great Dubs supporter but O'Connor definitely has a case to answer in my opinion. As a great man once said "ye strak ye go" and O'Connor clearly struck out at O'Carroll!!!

How many times does a lad get an inadvertent bang on the head when being tackled and it's not judged as a deliberate strike.