Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 08:42:01 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on August 30, 2015, 08:38:48 PM
The Mayo penalty was clearly the correct decision as Philly McMahon was all over Boyle's back. The Dublin penalty was outside the box but in fairness to McQuillan that was hard to see in real time.

I was amazed he didn't see Cluxton's kick out that didn't make the 13 metre line. It was way short of the line.

4.29 For another player on the team taking the kick-out after a wide to play the ball before it has travelled 13m.

PENALTY FOR THE ABOVE FOULS -
(i) Cancel kick-out.
(ii) Throw in the ball on defenders' 20m line in front of scoring space.

You're wrong there muppet. We actually discussed this a while ago here. The ball just has to travel 13m in any direction, not necessarily outside the 21. The players have you be outside it, when the ball is kicked, but can run in and collect it.

FL/MAYO

A poor game up until the last 8 minutes, the O'Connors saved Mayos bacon, Cillian with his place kicking and Diarmuid just never stopped working all day, he has become a tremendous player. Kilkenny had a great game for Dublin. Refereeing was inconsistent, the players on both sides hadn't a clue what to expect. With 10 minutes to go I would have taken the draw gladly, having said that we could have sneaked a win.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2015, 08:53:06 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 08:42:01 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on August 30, 2015, 08:38:48 PM
The Mayo penalty was clearly the correct decision as Philly McMahon was all over Boyle's back. The Dublin penalty was outside the box but in fairness to McQuillan that was hard to see in real time.

I was amazed he didn't see Cluxton's kick out that didn't make the 13 metre line. It was way short of the line.

4.29 For another player on the team taking the kick-out after a wide to play the ball before it has travelled 13m.

PENALTY FOR THE ABOVE FOULS -
(i) Cancel kick-out.
(ii) Throw in the ball on defenders' 20m line in front of scoring space.

You're wrong there muppet. We actually discussed this a while ago here. The ball just has to travel 13m in any direction, not necessarily outside the 21. The players have you be outside it, when the ball is kicked, but can run in and collect it.

Yip. I accepted that earlier.
MWWSI 2017

cicfada

Great draw for mayo and they got away with it today. The mayo penalty was an awful decision but it balanced out some awful decisions against mayo . I am convinced that mayo will win replay and I just love the fact that the replay will now lessen the attention on the hurling final. Please god mayo will win and then go on to beat Kerry .

INDIANA

Quote from: Westside on August 30, 2015, 08:51:30 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 08:01:03 PM
Quote from: Westside on August 30, 2015, 07:50:42 PM
The Anger Management course that Connolly had to attend obviously didn't do him much good. His tail was pulled today and he turned around and snapped as expected. He was lucky to still be on the field at that stage. Has absolutely everything required to be one of the greats but lacks the mental fortitude.

Dara O'Se said there was a bit of a scamp in him... Well he got 3 letters of the word correct anyway.

His place in the pantheon of the greats is assured. He'd be happy to help out and teach you some skills of the game if you like.

Unfortunately Gaelic Football has been reduced to allowing lesser talents like Lee Keegan to wind him up to the extent that he gets sent off.let's face it Keegan has been at this carry on all season- as we saw against Galway.

You needn't worry Keegan will get his comeuppance too. From my experience what goes around also comes around

I'm afraid Connolly will be second tier. A man with all the attributes physically and all the skill but not enough upstairs to be a true great.

Let's not pretend that getting wound up is a new phenomenon.. Take a look at how McManus handled it earlier in the year. A true class act.

What goes around comes around.. I guess Connolly is due to take an unprovoked box in the face when he's out for a pint at anytime now.

Just have to disagree. Mc Manus isn't as good a player as Dermot in my view. Mc Manus is a big fish in a small pond in Monaghan. He's never had to deal with the pressures and expectations of playing with the Man Utd of Gaelic Football.
In my view his left foot his lot weaker then Dermot's and he's heavily reliant on his right foot. That's not the qualities of great players. So you're entitled to your delcusions

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 09:15:32 PM
The Anger Management course that Connolly had to attend obviously didn't do him much good. His tail was pulled today and he turned around and snapped as expected. He was lucky to still be on the field at that stage. Has absolutely everything required to be one of the greats but lacks the mental fortitude.

Dara O'Se said there was a bit of a scamp in him... Well he got 3 letters of the word correct anyway.

His place in the pantheon of the greats is assured. He'd be happy to help out and teach you some skills of the game if you like.

Unfortunately Gaelic Football has been reduced to allowing lesser talents like Lee Keegan to wind him up to the extent that he gets sent off.let's face it Keegan has been at this carry on all season- as we saw against Galway.

You needn't worry Keegan will get his comeuppance too. From my experience what goes around also comes around

I'm afraid Connolly will be second tier. A man with all the attributes physically and all the skill but not enough upstairs to be a true great.

Let's not pretend that getting wound up is a new phenomenon.. Take a look at how McManus handled it earlier in the year. A true class act.

What goes around comes around.. I guess Connolly is due to take an unprovoked box in the face when he's out for a pint at anytime now.

Just have to disagree. Mc Manus isn't as good a player as Dermot in my view. Mc Manus is a big fish in a small pond in Monaghan. He's never had to deal with the pressures and expectations of playing with the Man Utd of Gaelic Football.
In my view his left foot his lot weaker then Dermot's and he's heavily reliant on his right foot. That's not the qualities of great players. So you're entitled to your delcusions

For the 3rd time, have you seen this video?
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 09:17:19 PM

For the 3rd time, have you seen this video?

Tune into the Sunday Game ;)

SouthDublinBro

McManus is just a poor man's Michael Murphy.

muppet

That would be a no then.
MWWSI 2017

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: StephenC on August 30, 2015, 08:25:43 PM
How about the Dublin fans booing the Mayo lad getting interviewed at the end. Strange behaviour.

Because he got Connolly sent off, the lad is a good footballer but never stops talking to the ref and lines men at every hands turn, he's an oul wan

BennyCake

How about the Dublin fans booing the Mayo lad getting interviewed at the end. Strange behaviour.

Nothing strange about it. They're scumbags.

Mayo4Sam14

So mayos home leg on Saturday, Ya?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

rodney trotter

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 08:52:08 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 30, 2015, 08:50:31 PM
If they start the process of retrospectively banning today's players based on video evidence, then there's going to be a lot of changes in store for the replay. Cooper and McMahon in particular must be hoping they don't open that door.

Can you please highlight the Mc Mahon incident as much as possible and Cooper too. Their replacements are much better so you will help strengthen the team.

Thanks- it's much appreciated lads

The Sunday game will highlight it, if you can wait that till then.

Canalman

Quote from: BennyCake on August 30, 2015, 09:24:35 PM

It might amaze you to know that all fans in CP boo the freetaker now. Dublin got very few kickable frees today and were booed by Mayo fans when being kicked.
Same last week in the Tyrone / Kerry game.

I actually think it adds to the theatre of the games tbh.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Canalman on August 30, 2015, 09:30:41 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 30, 2015, 09:24:35 PM

It might amaze you to know that all fans in CP boo the freetaker now. Dublin got very few kickable frees today and were booed by Mayo fans when being kicked.
Same last week in the Tyrone / Kerry game.

I actually think it adds to the theatre of the games tbh.

I thought it was just cos Cluxton
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!