AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

tonto1888

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on August 30, 2015, 08:38:48 PM
The Mayo penalty was clearly the correct decision as Philly McMahon was all over Boyle's back. The Dublin penalty was outside the box but in fairness to McQuillan that was hard to see in real time.

Agreed. I thought at first it was a definite penalty but while it was a definite foul it was outside the box

muppet

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on August 30, 2015, 08:38:48 PM
The Mayo penalty was clearly the correct decision as Philly McMahon was all over Boyle's back. The Dublin penalty was outside the box but in fairness to McQuillan that was hard to see in real time.

I was amazed he didn't see Cluxton's kick out that didn't make the 13 metre line. It was way short of the line.

4.29 For another player on the team taking the kick-out after a wide to play the ball before it has travelled 13m.

PENALTY FOR THE ABOVE FOULS -
(i) Cancel kick-out.
(ii) Throw in the ball on defenders' 20m line in front of scoring space.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

The rule says 'travelled 13m', it doesn't say anything about the 13m line.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 30, 2015, 08:44:24 PM

Good point!
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Cillian O Connor will be hit by a retrospective ban for the ROC incident. It's on camera by all accounts.

My apologies to Aidan O Se

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

tonto1888

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 08:45:48 PM
Cillian O Connor will be hit by a retrospective ban for the ROC incident. It's on camera by all accounts.

If it was we will see it in TSG tonight I would assume

muppet

So you have seen this video, judged it was definitely intentional, found him guilty and sentenced him?
MWWSI 2017

giveballaghback

Ball can travel 13 mtrs in any direction, does not have to go outside the 13mtr line so ref was right, worst semi-final since tyrone-kerry 2003, hopefully both teams will make up for it next saturday.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 08:45:40 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 30, 2015, 08:44:24 PM

Good point!

Ball must travel 13m and the players must be outside the 13m line when the ball is kicked.

thewobbler

If they start the process of retrospectively banning today's players based on video evidence, then there's going to be a lot of changes in store for the replay. Cooper and McMahon in particular must be hoping they don't open that door.

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 08:48:17 PM

So you have seen this video, judged it was definitely intentional, found him guilty and sentenced him?

Its a clear cut elbow to the head off the ball. He's damned by his own actions I'm afraid. Typically I've found when you go about your business trying to get players sent off it usually comes back to bite you in the ass.

PS - please highlight the Philly Mc Mahon incident as much as possible.

Westside

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 08:01:03 PM
Quote from: Westside on August 30, 2015, 07:50:42 PM
The Anger Management course that Connolly had to attend obviously didn't do him much good. His tail was pulled today and he turned around and snapped as expected. He was lucky to still be on the field at that stage. Has absolutely everything required to be one of the greats but lacks the mental fortitude.

Dara O'Se said there was a bit of a scamp in him... Well he got 3 letters of the word correct anyway.

His place in the pantheon of the greats is assured. He'd be happy to help out and teach you some skills of the game if you like.

Unfortunately Gaelic Football has been reduced to allowing lesser talents like Lee Keegan to wind him up to the extent that he gets sent off.let's face it Keegan has been at this carry on all season- as we saw against Galway.

You needn't worry Keegan will get his comeuppance too. From my experience what goes around also comes around

I'm afraid Connolly will be second tier. A man with all the attributes physically and all the skill but not enough upstairs to be a true great.

Let's not pretend that getting wound up is a new phenomenon.. Take a look at how McManus handled it earlier in the year. A true class act.

What goes around comes around.. I guess Connolly is due to take an unprovoked box in the face when he's out for a pint at anytime now.

INDIANA

Quote from: thewobbler on August 30, 2015, 08:50:31 PM
If they start the process of retrospectively banning today's players based on video evidence, then there's going to be a lot of changes in store for the replay. Cooper and McMahon in particular must be hoping they don't open that door.

Can you please highlight the Mc Mahon incident as much as possible and Cooper too. Their replacements are much better so you will help strengthen the team.

Thanks- it's much appreciated lads

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2015, 08:50:56 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2015, 08:48:17 PM

Its a clear cut elbow to the head off the ball. He's damned by his own actions I'm afraid. Typically I've found when you go about your business trying to get players sent off it usually comes back to bite you in the ass.

PS - please highlight the Philly Mc Mahon incident as much as possible.

Have you seen it or not? Or is it your friend that thought it was an O'Shea gouge that told you?
MWWSI 2017