AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Brick Tamlin

Hats off to mayo. Sheer honest endeavour and never give up attitude got them back in it. Smug Jim didn't look too smug after that game.

skeog

joe mc quillan must be applauded how he dealt with the dublin cynical play imo

yellowcard

Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2015, 05:27:43 PM
Great contest. No credit being given to Mayo in this forum. Whingers and seekers of the negative out in force as usual. I wonder why they watch sport.

It was gripping and exciting in the end but it was a mostly poor niggly game. Stating that doesn't make you a whinger.

imtommygunn

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2015, 05:27:50 PM
Surely Dublin's intestinal fortitude/mental frailties have to be called into question after Donegal last year and today. How they lost that is crazy... And believe me they lost it!!

Mayo were creating the chances though and just didn't have the belief. They finally started to believe in themselves.

Cillian o'connor , while not in the same league as cooper, is a real leader. Andy moran too. Doesn't necessarily have the legs but will take responsibility and stand up and be counted. These are the kind of guys you need.

Would love to see mayo win this. Won't be as clear cut as people think. Shows you though - you rattle cluxton you rattle dublin.

Teo Lurley

Not only do Dublin cheat off the field (millions of euro etc), they cheat on it aswell and I don't only mean by having their own personal ref.

yellowcard

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 05:34:16 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 05:32:39 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 05:23:41 PM
Connolly better not get off this time, you can't go around punching lads while they're on the ground. I thought he was told that in court.

If it was a punch why would he get off. Never showed the replay on the Sunday Game and I didn't see the incident live so can't comment. What exactly happened??

He attacked Keegan on the ground. He got off before on a technicality.

Seen them rolling on the ground but I missed the punch but if you seen him punching Keegan I find it difficult to see how he can get off.

galwayman

How come Connolly gets red & Keegan doesn't?
Maybe there was an extra punch while in the ground maybe - must watch Sunday Game tonight to confirm

grounded

Of the two teams you would have to say mayo have most room for improvement next week.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 05:39:45 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 05:34:16 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 05:32:39 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 05:23:41 PM
Connolly better not get off this time, you can't go around punching lads while they're on the ground. I thought he was told that in court.

If it was a punch why would he get off. Never showed the replay on the Sunday Game and I didn't see the incident live so can't comment. What exactly happened??

He attacked Keegan on the ground. He got off before on a technicality.

Seen them rolling on the ground but I missed the punch but if you seen him punching Keegan I find it difficult to see how he can get off.

More than 1 punch I believe. He got off before, I said I hope he doesn't get off again.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: skeog on August 30, 2015, 05:35:37 PM

Agreed, it was as close to an impossible game to referee as you will find but, the Cooper decision apart, I think he did a fine job.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

sambostar

Well, well, can't wait to hear holier than thou, we play the game in the "right way" jim Gavin after that. 1 red, 2 blacks, numerous yellows & McMahon diving down holding his face when not even touched. Would you say the Dubs were a tad cynical?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

JoG2

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 30, 2015, 05:43:20 PM
Quote from: skeog on August 30, 2015, 05:35:37 PM

Agreed, it was as close to an impossible game to referee as you will find but, the Cooper decision apart, I think he did a fine job.

Referreeing a game like would be extremely tough.  McQullian did ok.  It's the inconsistencies that grate players and supporters though especially in the tackle.

Is the time keeping ever gonna be taken away from the refs?  Far to much time wasted with no football being played

That's probably the most cynical display of football (Dublin)  that I've seen in a long time.  Dragging,  dirty hits,  sledging,  goading,  feigning injury etc...,  especially the nasty wee extra hit,  slap,  knee when a player was on the ground after the tackle. 

An incredible last 10 mins.  Really looking forward to the replay.  Mayo by 5

Il Bomber Destro

I'll keep it concise:

- Very exciting game but quality wasn't great
- Dublin's cynicism was off the charts
- Dublin threw it away from a winning position
- Mayo kicked it away from a chances perspective
- Mayo showed great character to grind the draw out
- Dublin simply collapsed in the last 10 minutes
- Both management teams were unimpressive
- Cluxton had a Niall Morgan style second half collapse
- Paul Flynn is an egomaniac who has started to believe his own hype

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 30, 2015, 06:06:17 PM
- Paul Flynn is an egomaniac who has started to believe his own hype

Thought he tried way too many Hollywood balls today.