Mayo
Dublin

Pub Bore

Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2015, 05:24:26 PM
Absolutely amazing second half.

Last 10 mins was good the rest was shite

laoislad

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 05:23:41 PM
Connolly better not get off this time, you can't go around punching lads while they're on the ground. I thought he was told that in court.
McGowans will be a dangerous place to be tonight!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Red eye

Dublin very cynical - Cian O'Connor lucky not to see red as yellow card offence ignored early on - think commentator referred to it. Also Mayo score 1.08 from placed balls (frees) - would point to poor defence of Dublin. Don't blame the Mayo forwards - blame the Dublin defence.
Joe McQ poor - 4 ppl tackle - player over carries, 2 ppl tackle - player wins free as double tackled. Happens all the time and hard to know which way a free is going to go.

Enjoyable last fifteen but poor enough up to then

Hardy

Great contest. No credit being given to Mayo in this forum. Whingers and seekers of the negative out in force as usual. I wonder why they watch sport.

screenexile

Surely Dublin's intestinal fortitude/mental frailties have to be called into question after Donegal last year and today. How they lost that is crazy... And believe me they lost it!!

Halfquarter

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 30, 2015, 05:14:01 PM
Embarassing for Mayo that their top forward can't score from play.
Yeah, they won't show their faces outside the door for a month !

Fuzzman

Replay confirmed for next Sat 3.30pm

McHale park

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 30, 2015, 05:25:38 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2015, 05:24:26 PM
Absolutely amazing second half.

Last 10 mins yes. Don't think what came before it was all that hectic.

Even before that it was way more open than the first half, Mayo kicked away points before that final ten whereas they seemed to have no structure going forward in the first half. The final ten was set up by Dublin getting into that lead in the first place. Way better than the first half that seemed like it was played at half-speed.

Dublin playing for the draw at the very end showed how much they were rattled. I think Mayo can improve on their performance more than Dublin can so we could be in for the classic we were promised next weekend.

ballela-angel

Meant i was cheering Mayo on like a Down team at the end.
+1
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2015, 05:22:03 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 30, 2015, 05:20:41 PM
Got to be said that was a very poor game. Well done to Mayo should have beaten them. Dubs put on the most cynical display i have ever seen and thats coming from a Tyrone man. Had any other ref had this game other that McQuillan they could have 3-4 additional black cards as well as another couple of reds. We await the Media lead witch hunt for the boys in blue.

Where exactly is Tyrone's embarrassment threshold?

Still awaiting to see the media explosion over the next week and questions how refs might be influenced by what was on show today. Dublin went beyond anything i have ever seen from a Tyrone side or any other for that matter.

yellowcard

Connolly better not get off this time, you can't go around punching lads while they're on the ground. I thought he was told that in court.

If it was a punch why would he get off. Never showed the replay on the Sunday Game and I didn't see the incident live so can't comment. What exactly happened??

Hardy

Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 30, 2015, 05:31:56 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2015, 05:22:03 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 30, 2015, 05:20:41 PM
Got to be said that was a very poor game. Well done to Mayo should have beaten them. Dubs put on the most cynical display i have ever seen and thats coming from a Tyrone man. Had any other ref had this game other that McQuillan they could have 3-4 additional black cards as well as another couple of reds. We await the Media lead witch hunt for the boys in blue.

Where exactly is Tyrone's embarrassment threshold?

Still awaiting to see the media explosion over the next week and questions how refs might be influenced by what was on show today. Dublin went beyond anything i have ever seen from a Tyrone side or any other for that matter.

You must be drunk.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 05:32:39 PM

If it was a punch why would he get off. Never showed the replay on the Sunday Game and I didn't see the incident live so can't comment. What exactly happened??

He attacked Keegan on the ground. He got off before on a technicality.

GalwayBayBoy

Will Connolly get off on the Kevin Keane defence?

Ohtoohtobe

Thought Dublin were the better team for most of it but they may never talk about "core principles" again. Headbutt, punch, feigning injury and above all systemic fouling... it just didn't end. About time we started calling all this what it is: cheating.