Dublin

haze

Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2015, 04:19:17 PM
Quote from: haze on August 30, 2015, 04:14:58 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2015, 04:12:57 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2015, 04:10:21 PM
Truly awful spectacle this.

So "awful" I can't take my eyes off it. You are watching a different game to me

What's going on here? That's not my quote! (Hardy here)

Was trying to agree with you!! Didnt know how to fix

Anyway sunday game says its a terrible terrible game. Must be true so

Syferus

I can't really be that surprised that the Ulster lads are trying to make a match between Mayo and Dublin about them.

But still, cop on. Leave the chip on the shoulder stuff for later.

Rudi

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 30, 2015, 04:19:26 PM
Desperate stuff with Dublin's level of cynicism beyond anything I have ever seen.

Looks like the 2 most cynical teams in the country are going to be in the final this year. Some of the fouls Dublin are getting away with, feel sorry for Aos.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2015, 04:21:12 PM
Desperate stuff with Dublin's level of cynicism beyond anything I have ever seen.

Would you stop!
This is pure shite with Mayo scoring 0-6 from frees for Christ's sake!!!.

All we'll be listening to for the coming week is how the ref was biased against Dublin because of the free count wheras the truth is they are fouling everywhere.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

laoislad

Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2015, 04:23:35 PM
I can't really be that surprised that the Ulster lads are trying to make a match between Mayo and Sublin about them.

But still, cop on.
Its a bit like the way you make everything about Roscommon
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2015, 04:24:44 PM
I can't really be that surprised that the Ulster lads are trying to make a match between Mayo and Sublin about them.

But still, cop on.
Its a bit like the way you make everything about Roscommon

Hardly.

Rossfan

And to think some people say Football is fine as it is!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

But still, cop on.

Do you think there's any less cynicism going on there than you'd see in an average Ulster game?

This is an absorbing match but is riddled with dirty digs, hauling down and late hits. Most of it coming from Dublin to be fair. Intriguing second half in store, hopefully Mayo can get the first few scores of the half and put Dublin under some pressure.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 30, 2015, 04:26:34 PM

But still, cop on.

Do you think there's any less cynicism going on there than you'd see in an average Ulster game?

This is an absorbing match but is riddled with dirty digs, hauling down and late hits. Most of it coming from Dublin to be fair. Intriguing second half in store, hopefully Mayo can get the first few scores of the half and put Dublin under some pressure.

Plenty of cynicism in this match, never denied that. Just not the time or place for Ulster supporters to grind axes against perceived wrongs.

SkillfulBill

Brutal stuff Dubs are lucky to still have 15 men on the pitch and Mayo look clueless. Kerry will eat the pick of them. Football season this year has been extremely poor.

Hardy

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 30, 2015, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 30, 2015, 04:21:12 PM

Would you stop!
This is pure shite with Mayo scoring 0-6 from frees for Christ's sake!!!.

All we'll be listening to for the coming week is how the ref was biased against Dublin because of the free count wheras the truth is they are fouling everywhere.

The most cynical you ever saw?

Apart from anything else, the "cynicism" wouldn't seem to be working. As you say - 0-6 from frees.

thewobbler

For everyone in Rte, most of Twitter and half the lads in here:

IF YOU GET DRAGGED TO THE GROUND EVERY f**king TIME YOU CROSS HALFWAY THEN 0-1 FROM PLAY IS ACTUALLY AN ACHIEVEMENT.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2015, 04:27:41 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 30, 2015, 04:26:34 PM

But still, cop on.

Plenty of cynicism in this match, never denied that. Just not the time or place for Ulster supporters to grind axes against perceived wrongs.
Syerfus, it's hardly surprising that we are venting a bit considering the finger wagging we have had to put up with.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

GalwayBayBoy

Rory O'Carroll out for the game.

Zulu

Certainly the game isn't matching my expectations but it isn't as bad as some are making out. Wouldn't agree Dublin are overly cynical or that the ref is riding them and there's no way Mayo should have had a penalty though neither should Dublin.

All of Mayo's forward line bar O'Shea have been curtailed with COC being particularly disappointing. Still there for Mayo if they can up its but but you just can't see their forwards kicking the scores they'll need at this juncture. They won't win it without a goal anyway.