Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

INDIANA

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2015, 02:39:16 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2015, 01:36:34 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 27, 2015, 10:23:46 AM
I've a sneaky feeling Dublin will do it.

The Stars have aligned for Mayo in 2015 . Believe .
Feck it Indy, I wish I could. Every time I think about Sunday, I see Dublin winning by more. I think Dublin are a totally different level to anyone Mayo have faced this year. Mayo need to have all the luck in the world to win. That's why I think Dublin will do the job on Sunday.

Nobody knows . We have no idea where we are . We have players out of form and others carrying injuries . It has to happen some year for Mayo . That Kerry team in the final is nowhere near unbeatable

This is the best balanced Mayo team. You had more flair players in the past but I always felt likes of Mortimer and Dillon were unrealiable against a top team

Tubberman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2015, 03:56:36 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2015, 02:39:16 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2015, 01:36:34 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 27, 2015, 10:23:46 AM
I've a sneaky feeling Dublin will do it.

The Stars have aligned for Mayo in 2015 . Believe .
Feck it Indy, I wish I could. Every time I think about Sunday, I see Dublin winning by more. I think Dublin are a totally different level to anyone Mayo have faced this year. Mayo need to have all the luck in the world to win. That's why I think Dublin will do the job on Sunday.

Nobody knows . We have no idea where we are . We have players out of form and others carrying injuries . It has to happen some year for Mayo . That Kerry team in the final is nowhere near unbeatable

Probably near enough though - that's all they need!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

easytiger95

I've kept my powder dry because I'm really nervous about Sunday - started off the week completely down on Dublin, basically as i felt our midfield just wouldn't be able to compete. Getting a little more optimistic now, but we will need complete performances from Flynn and MDM - also who marks Connolly will be vital - if it is Keegan, then I think they'll cancel each other out, which will probably favour Dublin as we have more options up front (I think!). Would like to see Paddy Andrews start, think he is a really unsung hero, mobile, strong, able to kick a score. In the absence of O'Gara, I think we need him and I don't think McManamon has every really worked out for 70 mins in championship, though he is deadly to bring in with 25 to go.

Have to work on Sunday, but I will be able to watch it - have to go with my heart, though I think this is a Mayo team as close to an All Ireland as they have ever been - Dublin by 3, Brogan will get a goal, and at least one of the teams will end with 14 men, either through a red card or an injury.

Up the Dubs!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: easytiger95 on August 27, 2015, 08:48:34 PM
I've kept my powder dry because I'm really nervous about Sunday - started off the week completely down on Dublin, basically as i felt our midfield just wouldn't be able to compete. Getting a little more optimistic now, but we will need complete performances from Flynn and MDM - also who marks Connolly will be vital - if it is Keegan, then I think they'll cancel each other out, which will probably favour Dublin as we have more options up front (I think!). Would like to see Paddy Andrews start, think he is a really unsung hero, mobile, strong, able to kick a score. In the absence of O'Gara, I think we need him and I don't think McManamon has every really worked out for 70 mins in championship, though he is deadly to bring in with 25 to go.

Have to work on Sunday, but I will be able to watch it - have to go with my heart, though I think this is a Mayo team as close to an All Ireland as they have ever been - Dublin by 3, Brogan will get a goal, and at least one of the teams will end with 14 men, either through a red card or an injury.

Up the Dubs!

I agree
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Wildweasel74

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiTims/videos/871602732876974/

G your Mayo lads look to pull in that Man Utd far east support!!!

Hound

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 27, 2015, 01:06:12 PM
Connolly to play at 14?
Connolly actually started full forward against Fermanagh.

But within a minute he'd wandered out the field!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hound on August 28, 2015, 08:57:34 AM
Connolly to play at 14?

When will the Dublin team be named?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 28, 2015, 09:03:46 AM
Connolly to play at 14?

Same as Mayo team.

3.29pm on Sunday.

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Hound

Quote from: ballinaman on August 28, 2015, 09:14:18 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 28, 2015, 09:03:46 AM
Connolly to play at 14?

Same as Mayo team.

3.29pm on Sunday.
Barring injuries, there's only two positions up for debate, and regardless of what team is named today, we won't know for sure until 3.29pm Sunday

Midfield - 2 from Macauley, Bastick, Fenton
Corner forward - Probably Andrews, possibly McManamon, outside chance for Alan Brogan, maybe even Cormac Costello, remote chance of putting a more defensive player in there instead to act as additional sweeper in front of O'Shea.

The 6 backs and other 5 forwards are set in stone (barring injuries!)

Teo Lurley

I don't mean to interrupt but has anyone mentioned the financial doping that both these teams partake in? It should be one of the main areas of discussion surely? No? Silence on the issue as usual? No surprise.

AZOffaly

Teo, would you ever go away. You're like a bad drum. Yes, Dublin get a lot of money from the GAA. Mayo and Dublin (and Kerry and others) get a lot of money from other sources too. Yes it's unfair and something that needs to be looked at.

But will you stop turning every thread into an excuse to have a go? Some of us just want to talk about the football. The time and place for arguing about money is at congress.

Teo Lurley

No one ever speaks about it. The appropriate time is when the teams that have the highest level of finance behind them are the only 3 teams remaining in the championship. The silence on the issue is a disgrace.

AZOffaly

Loads of people are speaking about it!! Even the GAA are talking about looking at the money being invested in Dublin, and the amount of money being spent preparing county senior teams is also being discussed.  It's on the agenda, so lets give it a rest here. It doesn't need to be in every single topic.