Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on August 19, 2015, 02:46:40 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 19, 2015, 12:20:13 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 19, 2015, 12:17:44 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 18, 2015, 05:55:21 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 18, 2015, 10:18:51 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 18, 2015, 07:17:17 AM
Wow. Whingefest meets Cringefest 
Quote from: moysider on August 18, 2015, 12:28:09 AM
The notion that CP is some kind of Mecca or Taj Mahal is way off the mark also. It's already a crumbling pigeon sanctuary, that was never completed and is poorly serviced by public transport. In a part of a city very difficult to reach.
Yeah, a place within a short walk of Connolly Station and Bus Aras is very difficult to reach!
But at least it puts the rest of your posts in context

We wouldn't feel safe walking through all the kn**ker's and junkies around there

Funny felt the same last time I walked around Ballina with all the itinerants. You should feel right at home then so
Nail on the head there, Ballina is full of itinerants and Dublin full of junkies and knackers, most of them posting here!!
I'm glad I only have to pass through either occasionally!

Goes without saying you do come across as living in the closet alright.

You remind me of one of these young Gards that come to work in Dublin from the arsehole of nowhere. They'd get stage fright unless they'd a bit of livestock to talk to

Seriously lads? Is this what ye are at now? Cop on the whole lot of ye.

I blame the Tyrone posters.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bucko

Kevin Keane's red card downgraded to yellow by the CHC this evening, he's now available for selection for the semi.

whitey

Quote from: bucko on August 19, 2015, 10:34:21 PM
Kevin Keane's red card downgraded to yellow by the CHC this evening, he's now available for selection for the semi.

Excellent news-right decision

moysider

Good news.

INDIANA

Quote from: moysider on August 19, 2015, 10:41:47 PM

Good news.

Its getting to be like a Take That song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KII1ruAfvsg

muppet

I hear Greece has appealed the size of their National Debt to the CHC tonight!

My money is that it will definitely be down-graded.

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: INDIANA on August 19, 2015, 10:53:15 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 19, 2015, 10:41:47 PM

Good news.

Its getting to be like a Take That song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KII1ruAfvsg

What is?

Rodman

Quote from: whitey on August 19, 2015, 10:38:36 PM

Thats a joke. So a yellow card now for punching someone in the face.

Mayo4Sam14

Downgraded? Since when do cards get 'downgraded' obvious red card, clear as day light IMO bullish*t decision
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

moysider

Quote from: Rodman on August 19, 2015, 11:46:58 PM

The joke was that there was a card of any description. Silly stuff but a Ref looking to be fussy and put us in our place like we ve got used to referees doing down the years.

No more than the Keegan card last year in a crucial game (and a call that decided that semi ultimately) where we got another red card because of Donacha Walsh's well rehearsed dancing hissy fit to make a mountain out of a molehill. The same player (Walsh) is still getting away with cheap borderline shite himself. Murphy ( a top player imo) played on the edge all year and got a ridiculous yellow v a dramatic reaction from Sice. But he was ott at end of Mayo game. Keane was right to get him out of his face and used minimum contact in the circumstances. If there was a card going there Murphy should have got it. Keane or Mayo in general were not looking for hassle at that stage. Yet another ref. ( very good rep. it has to be said)  that I would not trust referring an important game of ours.

Rodman

Quote from: moysider on August 20, 2015, 12:10:04 AM
Quote from: Rodman on August 19, 2015, 11:46:58 PM

The joke was that there was a card of any description. Silly stuff but a Ref looking to be fussy and put us in our place like we ve got used to referees doing down the years.

No more than the Keegan card last year in a crucial game (and a call that decided that semi ultimately) where we got another red card because of Donacha Walsh's well rehearsed dancing hissy fit to make a mountain out of a molehill. The same player (Walsh) is still getting away with cheap borderline shite himself. Murphy ( a top player imo) played on the edge all year and got a ridiculous yellow v a dramatic reaction from Sice. But he was ott at end of Mayo game. Keane was right to get him out of his face and used minimum contact in the circumstances. If there was a card going there Murphy should have got it. Keane or Mayo in general were not looking for hassle at that stage. Yet another ref. ( very good rep. it has to be said)  that I would not trust referring an important game of ours.

Regardless, he still punched murphy in the face. Thats a red card ,  i really can't see how that was downgraded or why it was even appealed against. So the  GAA are sending out a message that punching in the face is a yellow card - must try it out the next game i play.  Ridiculous decision. The GAA are loosing the plot.

bucko

Quote from: muppet on August 19, 2015, 11:19:06 PM

I hear Greece has appealed the size of their National Debt to the CHC tonight!

My money is that it will definitely be down-graded.

CHC up there with Moody's and Standards and Poors now.....

blanketattack

Crap decision. It was a punch to the face, deserved a red card. Just because Murphy didn't hit the deck doesn't mean it was a lesser offense. These sort of decisions only encourage diving. I hope it backfires like it did last year when Keegan had a stinker in the replay and Mayo lost. Mayo doing this is as bad as McCann's diving.

Main Street

Very good news that Keane's red card was downgraded. GAA justice served, the provocation was red card stuff, the reaction by Keane was yellow card.

moysider

Quote from: blanketattack on August 20, 2015, 12:27:00 AM
Crap decision. It was a punch to the face, deserved a red card. Just because Murphy didn't hit the deck doesn't mean it was a lesser offense. These sort of decisions only encourage diving. I hope it backfires like it did last year when Keegan had a stinker in the replay and Mayo lost. Mayo doing this is as bad as McCann's diving.

I don t remember Keane diving at all when Murphy had a go at him.