AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Farrandeelin

You do know that trains from Mayo enter at Heuston... And there aren't buses every few minutes from towns. Perhaps he's just pointing that bit of info out gor ye.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

heffo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 18, 2015, 08:05:20 AM
You do know that trains from Mayo enter at Heuston... And there aren't buses every few minutes from towns. Perhaps he's just pointing that bit of info out gor ye.

We should play it in Limerick

macdanger2

Keane's appeal being heard tomorrow night apparently, it was a harsh enough red considering the contact but a strike nonetheless so it's hard to see him getting off

Canalman

Quote from: moysider on August 18, 2015, 12:28:09 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 17, 2015, 11:37:07 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 17, 2015, 11:30:41 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 17, 2015, 11:26:07 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on August 17, 2015, 11:11:16 PM
Mayo as usual getting their excuses in early.
We may as well. I just think Dublin will win because their forwards are way better than any forwards Mayo's defence have faced all year.

Yeah but the Reek was cancelled. The planets are aligning for Mayo.

It's written in the stars
So you're telling us Dublin have astrologists on the staff as well now...feck sake.

Indiana and the other Dubs on here can afford to be flippant.

Stuff is spinned but they expect to win and they know that they have a considerable advantage in CP. There is a sense of ownership about the place from the Dubs going back to heffos time the 70s. Pillar's teams' march to the hill was a deliberate statement of ownership of the pitch. The only statement comparable to that, that is still indulged, is the NZ haka.

Most of the Dub posters here know their football but a lot of their garden supporters are condescending and dismissive of everybody else bar maybe Kerry. These tend to be less than knowledgeable about their own team never mind the culchie hoardes. When they lose though its quickly dismissed and they return to their first and true love for next 9 months (Man U).

I'm complaining about the disadvantage we face before the event. Pointing it out like. To highlight the advantage after I would be accused of whinging.

The notion that CP is some kind of Mecca or Taj Mahal is way off the mark also. It's already a crumbling pigeon sanctuary, that was never completed and is poorly serviced by public transport. In a part of a city very difficult to reach.

Before my fellow countymen get caught up again in the romanticism about the place. The game is about players and great teams - not the field. The great teams/ players/ games would just have been as good anywhere else.

Ah come on now. That's just being plain silly saying that it is "very difficult to reach".

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on August 18, 2015, 08:46:59 AM

We should play it in Limerick

That didn't work out either . Let's play it in Mayo like the league game last spring

Wait can't do that either. Let's just forfeit instead that might keep them happy

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Hound on August 18, 2015, 07:17:17 AM
Wow. Whingefest meets Cringefest 
The notion that CP is some kind of Mecca or Taj Mahal is way off the mark also. It's already a crumbling pigeon sanctuary, that was never completed and is poorly serviced by public transport. In a part of a city very difficult to reach.
Yeah, a place within a short walk of Connolly Station and Bus Aras is very difficult to reach!
But at least it puts the rest of your posts in context

We wouldn't feel safe walking through all the kn**ker's and junkies around there
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tubberman

Jesus lads, it's Croke Park, not Hyde Park. It's a fantastic stadium and it's straightforward to get to.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Hound

When you get to Heuston, just ask for Jerry Lee.

He'll zip you up to Connolly in no time for a couple of euro.

The Hill is Blue

The poll on top of this thread seems to reflect the general view that Mayo will win - they probably will   ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 18, 2015, 11:34:27 AM
The poll on top of this thread seems to reflect the general view that Mayo will win - they probably will   ;)

I see the Dubs are going to play mind games? 😂
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

rosnarun

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 18, 2015, 09:09:12 AM
Keane's appeal being heard tomorrow night apparently, it was a harsh enough red considering the contact but a strike nonetheless so it's hard to see him getting off
but it made murphy cry and and go tittle tattle to the umpire
I suppose we should be glad he didnt do a tyrone swan dive.

what ever about his football ability you can forget about him as a Maaan
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 18, 2015, 10:18:51 AM
Yeah, a place within a short walk of Connolly Station and Bus Aras is very difficult to reach!

We wouldn't feel safe walking through all the kn**ker's and junkies around there

Classy.

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on August 18, 2015, 11:13:52 AM
Jesus lads, it's Croke Park, not Hyde Park. It's a fantastic stadium and it's straightforward to get to.

Leave the home of Connacht football out of it.

easytiger95

Stuff is spinned but they expect to win and they know that they have a considerable advantage in CP.......

I'm complaining about the disadvantage we face before the event. Pointing it out like. To highlight the advantage after I would be accused of whinging......

The game is about players and great teams - not the field. The great teams/ players/ games would just have been as good anywhere else.

Then, how exactly do we have an advantage?????

INDIANA

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 18, 2015, 10:18:51 AM

Funny felt the same last time I walked around Ballina with all the itinerants. You should feel right at home then so