Dublin

StephenC

15k per week x 9 mths of the year = 585k

Surely they're spending more than that?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 14, 2015, 01:01:50 PM
I think this is still Dublin's All Ireland to lose

(But I Said that last year too)

I think, that if Kerry get over Tyrone they'll beat whoever wins this semi.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayoman dan

[/quote]

Why the big fear of Kerry? They have a great midfield duo and some brilliant forwards and an excellent manager but there far from unbeatable.

Crete Boom

Quote from: redhandefender on August 14, 2015, 04:01:25 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 14, 2015, 03:41:42 PM
A bit off course here but has Cake lost his mind (quite probable) or is he roughly correct when he says this?

"I think Mayo are spending in the region of €12,000 to €15,000 euros a week preparing their senior team. That's not being done in a month in Roscommon."

That is crazy money!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/curran-roscommon-should-move-heaven-and-earth-to-lure-mcstay-and-odonnell-348135.html?utm_source=link&utm_medium=click&utm_campaign=nextandprev

Didn't Mayo have to be bailed out by Croke Park a few years ago? There is no way they would be paying that a week. Curran would be partial to talking out of his hoop

No bail out from Croke Park , they just took over the loan from Ulster Bank allowing a longer term for Mayo to pay the loan back to the GAA ,something like a change form 10 years to 25 years. This has meant Mayo have lower annual payment taking the pressure off day to day running costs but will lead to Mayo paying back more interest and more money over the longer term of the loan.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayoman dan on August 14, 2015, 04:38:09 PM

Why the big fear of Kerry? They have a great midfield duo and some brilliant forwards and an excellent manager but there far from unbeatable.
[/quote]

I'd argue that they are a more 'mature' outfit this year. I mean, last year's win would have eased their doubts and brought them on. As you said yourself, brill forwards. As bad as their backs are made out to be, O'Mahony is as good now as he ever was imo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: redhandefender on August 14, 2015, 04:01:25 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 14, 2015, 03:41:42 PM
A bit off course here but has Cake lost his mind (quite probable) or is he roughly correct when he says this?

"I think Mayo are spending in the region of €12,000 to €15,000 euros a week preparing their senior team. That's not being done in a month in Roscommon."

That is crazy money!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/curran-roscommon-should-move-heaven-and-earth-to-lure-mcstay-and-odonnell-348135.html?utm_source=link&utm_medium=click&utm_campaign=nextandprev

Didn't Mayo have to be bailed out by Croke Park a few years ago? There is no way they would be paying that a week. Curran would be partial to talking out of his hoop

Their loans (for the monstrosity of a stand) were taken over from the bank by CP to reduce interest payments. Full amount will still be repaid though.

It was reported as around 10k / week earlier in the year.  Have a look at the annual amounts spent by all counties there, the money being spent is savage . The top counties are spending the most by far but even the sums spent by counties who only win a couple of games a year is obscene

Syferus

Cake is pretty much right. IC has been totally warped by money.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on August 14, 2015, 06:35:11 PM

Professional setups cost money. I don't refer to inter county players as professionals because all protestations to the contrary they are not professional athletes.

They are amateurs within professional setups which underlines how silly the whole inter county game has gone

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on August 14, 2015, 06:54:08 PM

Professional setups cost money. I don't refer to inter county players as professionals because all protestations to the contrary they are not professional athletes.

They are amateurs within professional setups which underlines how silly the whole inter county game has gone

On top of all that they now have professional commitments to the media as well as professional prices paid by the common man to see them. All put extra demands on players.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 14, 2015, 08:29:59 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 14, 2015, 06:54:08 PM

On top of all that they now have professional commitments to the media as well as professional prices paid by the common man to see them. All put extra demands on players.

The GAA are making 'professional profits'
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

From the Bunker

Just wondering is this game sold out now? I presume Dublin and Mayo have the highest allocation of season tickets and all the crappy tickets on the edges of the Hogan, Cusack and Davin upper and lower look to have been cleared on Tickets.ie. I presume the Clubs get what is left?

INDIANA

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 15, 2015, 08:27:42 PM
Just wondering is this game sold out now? I presume Dublin and Mayo have the highest allocation of season tickets and all the crappy tickets on the edges of the Hogan, Cusack and Davin upper and lower look to have been cleared on Tickets.ie. I presume the Clubs get what is left?

first sell out of the year

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on August 15, 2015, 08:29:06 PM

I have a friend who bargains on getting tickets returned from the club! Told him he is playing a dangerous game. But i suppose if you want one you'll get one!

heffo

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 15, 2015, 08:43:09 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 15, 2015, 08:29:06 PM

I have a friend who bargains on getting tickets returned from the club! Told him he is playing a dangerous game. But i suppose if you want one you'll get one!

There are 40,000 tickets held in reserve for the two counties

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!