Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Tubberman

Quote from: trileacman on August 09, 2015, 11:14:25 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 09, 2015, 11:09:31 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 09, 2015, 10:55:21 PM
Mayo lads, what's the opinion on Holmes? For my money he's not the sharpest ticket and unfortunately in the vein of Maughan and Moran, ie a civil enough guy but doesn't have the tactical nous to lead you to the Holy Grail. If you do win the AI I feel it will have been in spite of and not because of Holmes.

I probably would have agreed with you a couple of months ago, but after the game yesterday I don't know how you can say that. They got their game plan spot on yesterday and deserve great credit.

Hmmm, I'm not sure.

Not sure about what? You think they got the tactics wrong yesterday?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

SouthDublinBro

There would be no shame in us losing to a great Mayo team.

blast05

Which Mayo players would all you Jackeens have in your first 15 ?   Aidan, Keith, Leeroy, Seamus O'S and Cillian i presume for sure. No one else i would expect.
And yet yee're still filling this thread trying to tell others what you don't believe, i.e.: Mayo may well beat Dublin

INDIANA

Quote from: blast05 on August 09, 2015, 11:47:33 PM
Which Mayo players would all you Jackeens have in your first 15 ?   Aidan, Keith, Leeroy, Seamus O'S and Cillian i presume for sure. No one else i would expect.
And yet yee're still filling this thread trying to tell others what you don't believe, i.e.: Mayo may well beat Dublin

Would have taken about 3 Donegal players last year. Its the sum of the parts that counts

From the Bunker

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 09, 2015, 11:24:55 PM
There would be no shame in us losing to a great Mayo team.

No shame at all!  ;)  :P

Wildweasel74

if i was Mayo i wouldn't be getting over confident, if Dublin break even in midfield they score enough to win the game, though i hope to see mayo win an all-ireland, its been too long especially after getting to so many finals, / semis over the years!

Ballaghman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 10, 2015, 12:11:10 AM
if i was Mayo i wouldn't be getting over confident, if Dublin break even in midfield they score enough to win the game, though i hope to see mayo win an all-ireland, its been too long especially after getting to so many finals, / semis over the years!
No danger of us being over confident. Once the (embarrassingly amateurish) yerraing by the dubs stops we'll have a proper discussion. I suppose 3 weeks is a long time so a bit of bants and lols has to be had.
Dublin and Kerry are the clear favourites, have been all year. Just because we beat a tired Donegal team doesn't make us favourites to beat Dublin all of a sudden.

I was impressed with our game plan on Saturday, we are improving but our forward play needs a lot of work. I agree, if Dublin merely break even at midfield we are in bother as they have better forwards overall. I am reasonably confident we will edge them around the middle and hopefully the lads will have a plan for cluxtons kick outs. Crack that and it's game on/over.

Can't underestimate the step up the next day. Dublin will be fitter, fresher and faster than Donegal so it's as we were, with it all to do.

Syferus

Quote from: Ballaghman on August 10, 2015, 01:42:54 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 10, 2015, 12:11:10 AM
No danger of us being over confident. Once the (embarrassingly amateurish) yerraing by the dubs stops we'll have a proper discussion. I suppose 3 weeks is a long time so a bit of bants and lols has to be had.
Dublin and Kerry are the clear favourites, have been all year. Just because we beat a tired Donegal team doesn't make us favourites to beat Dublin all of a sudden.

I was impressed with our game plan on Saturday, we are improving but our forward play needs a lot of work. I agree, if Dublin merely break even at midfield we are in bother as they have better forwards overall. I am reasonably confident we will edge them around the middle and hopefully the lads will have a plan for cluxtons kick outs. Crack that and it's game on/over.

Can't underestimate the step up the next day. Dublin will be fitter, fresher and faster than Donegal so it's as we were, with it all to do.

We're not playing the Dubs, Mayo are.

highorlow

yer man James McCarthy will have to start against us. I hope he doesn't but I'd say he will. How come he is not a first choice anymore?

As good and all as Fenton has played this year I would not be starting him. He is still developing physically.

So hopefully the Dubs get their selection wrong and start Fenton and leave out McCarthy. Kilkenny is another lad we are able to handle so I hope he lines out.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

macdanger2

Any word on Cunniffe's injury??

ballinaman

Quote from: highorlow on August 10, 2015, 09:46:40 AM
yer man James McCarthy will have to start against us. I hope he doesn't but I'd say he will. How come he is not a first choice anymore?

As good and all as Fenton has played this year I would not be starting him. He is still developing physically.

So hopefully the Dubs get their selection wrong and start Fenton and leave out McCarthy. Kilkenny is another lad we are able to handle so I hope he lines out.
Watch him have a stormer now after saying that. Class player.

INDIANA

Quote from: highorlow on August 10, 2015, 09:46:40 AM

I think Fenton will surprise you. He'd held the dublin midfield together on this own this year as MDMA's form has plummeted. Not bad for a 21 year old.

However he can't do it on his own against Mayo and if MDMA doesn't rediscover himself in the next 3 weeks we will lose

The Aristocrat

Dubs to win, we have the best players in the country in 5 or 6 positions, the best player in the country in Connolly, the greatest goal keeper ever to play the game. Mayo are good but not as good as Dublin, never mind o Shea and O'Connor, if Dublin play their own game and to their own strengths then they will win, the only thing that can beat Dublin is themselves.

I think the Dubs will chomping at the bit for this match, they know they will be in a game, training temp will be up, all compared to probably knowing they would win easily through Leinster and Q/F. Now its the big time and they will improve.

Hereiam

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 10, 2015, 10:07:47 AM
Dubs to win, we have the best players in the country in 5 or 6 positions, the best player in the country in Connolly, the greatest goal keeper ever to play the game. Mayo are good but not as good as Dublin, never mind o Shea and O'Connor, if Dublin play their own game and to their own strengths then they will win, the only thing that can beat Dublin is themselves.

I think the Dubs will chomping at the bit for this match, they know they will be in a game, training temp will be up, all compared to probably knowing they would win easily through Leinster and Q/F. Now its the big time and they will improve.

What a load of shite.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Hereiam on August 10, 2015, 10:56:36 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 10, 2015, 10:07:47 AM

What a load of shite.

What's wrong with it? Best players in positions? Cluxton, O Carroll, Cooper, Connolly, Bernard, maybe Flynn and or Cian O Sullivan.