AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

ballinaman

Bastick? MDMA? Takes an option from midfield straight away....anyway,no guarantee that O'Shea will be in FF.

mayoman dan

Quote from: ballinaman on August 09, 2015, 08:59:35 PM
Bastick? MDMA? Takes an option from midfield straight away....anyway,no guarantee that O'Shea will be in FF.

Or just play a sweeper a few yard in front of him like they did very well in the league game?

Farrandeelin

Neither team has been tested so far in the championship. I expect Dublin to win, as Indiana said, Dublin's forwards are the second best in the land (after KY imo) Our defence played well yesterday, they may revert to type again. Dublin will overpower Mayo with their running.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: mayoman dan on August 09, 2015, 09:03:48 PM

Or just play a sweeper a few yard in front of him like they did very well in the league game?
Did well vs the sweeper last night. Quality of the ball in is the key, lobbing it up is no use, 9 times out of 10, the sweeper will clear it.
That was a serious paddlin that night in Castlebar. I'd say Mayo won't need reminding of what Dublin can do to ya if you're not on it.

Man Farr!

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 09, 2015, 09:05:53 PM
Neither team has been tested so far in the championship. I expect Dublin to win, as Indiana said, Dublin's forwards are the second best in the land (after KY imo) Our defence played well yesterday, they may revert to type again. Dublin will overpower Mayo with their running.

You'll hardly go so?
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

This has the potential to he the best game in years. Slightly worried about Mayo's forwards but there's no doubting their hunger/strength fitness which will match Dublins. Hunger is where Dublin have faltered in recent times so it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

INDIANA

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 09, 2015, 09:05:53 PM

We'll hardly win midfield. I expect Mayo to dominate the area and hence edge the match by a couple.

I just don't think Mayo will beat both Dublin and Kerry unfortunately. I think Kerry's name is all over this regardless of the result of the semi final

Wildweasel74

I dont think it be better than the Kerry - Mayo games last year or the Dublin V kerry game in 2013

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: ballinaman on August 09, 2015, 09:19:03 PM

Because, Donegal played no Sweepers and left AOS one to one....
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

twohands!!!

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 09, 2015, 10:20:38 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 09, 2015, 09:19:03 PM

Because, Donegal played no Sweepers and left AOS one to one....

Well Mark McHugh's performance as sweeper wasn't that far off being a zero yesterday.

trileacman

Mayo lads, what's the opinion on Holmes? For my money he's not the sharpest ticket and unfortunately in the vein of Maughan and Moran, ie a civil enough guy but doesn't have the tactical nous to lead you to the Holy Grail. If you do win the AI I feel it will have been in spite of and not because of Holmes.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tubberman

Quote from: trileacman on August 09, 2015, 10:55:21 PM
Mayo lads, what's the opinion on Holmes? For my money he's not the sharpest ticket and unfortunately in the vein of Maughan and Moran, ie a civil enough guy but doesn't have the tactical nous to lead you to the Holy Grail. If you do win the AI I feel it will have been in spite of and not because of Holmes.

I probably would have agreed with you a couple of months ago, but after the game yesterday I don't know how you can say that. They got their game plan spot on yesterday and deserve great credit.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

trileacman

Quote from: Tubberman on August 09, 2015, 11:09:31 PM

I probably would have agreed with you a couple of months ago, but after the game yesterday I don't know how you can say that. They got their game plan spot on yesterday and deserve great credit.

Hmmm, I'm not sure.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

From the Bunker

The thing is it's Holmes and Connelly not just Holmes! So you are only basing your judgement on half the package.

Farrandeelin

Not convinced by Pateen either trileac. However, apparently Mayo are better than ever before so..
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.