USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: Bingo on July 06, 2014, 08:03:25 PM
Far better Monaghan display with everyone upping their game. McManus a class act and still only 75% if that. Thought he got away with a wee nudie nudge for the goal. Couldn't see the peno incident too far away. First black card in front of me and thought on first look it wasn't, more of a collision.

Dick having some year. Dessie and mcgeeney had some slagging match on front if Gerry Arthur's in first half.

Good day.

Thought I would repost this from a Monaghan supporter earlier in the thread. The Irish News also mentioned it in the player ratings. I saw it quite clearly myself. The camera did not catch it does not mean it did not happen before the camera got there. The player did not complain because it would make damn all difference.

As for my bionic ears I saw McKeever speak to the referee at half time. He was definitely complaining about something. Finlay went over to make sure he was not trying to influence the referee I would surmise.

Some Monaghan posters must have a serious inferiority complex. They win a match and everyone agrees they are the better team yet they try to suggest Armagh supporters are not being truthful.

Harold Disgracey

The Monaghan supporters sitting beside me in the Pat McGrane saw it, all bar one foul mouthed auld bollix who was obsessed with Ciaran McKeever.

babarino

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 07, 2014, 10:30:25 PM
The Monaghan supporters sitting beside me in the Pat McGrane saw it, all bar one foul mouthed auld bollix who was obsessed with Ciaran McKeever.

Fair enough, maybe there was 'contact'.

By the way, it sounds like the same 'foul mouthed auld bollix' that was sitting close by at the Monaghan v Down league game in Pairc Esler. He was obsessed with ref Cormac Reilly that game. If I'm unfortunate to find myself near him again I'm going to get moved.

Maguire01

Quote from: jmk on July 07, 2014, 10:15:34 PM
You didn't see it in the highlights because there was only 1 camera recording the match and the push had already happened before the camera picked McManus up

Quote from: Throw ball on July 07, 2014, 10:28:05 PM
The camera did not catch it does not mean it did not happen before the camera got there.

Lads, i'm not overly concerned either way, but raised the point about seeing nothing on The Sunday Game primarily because of posts like these:

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 07, 2014, 08:49:06 AM
Only saw the highlights last night and straight away I noticed the push in the back, rewinded back a few times and it was clear as day.

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 07, 2014, 03:01:01 PM
Only saw the highlights as well but looked like a fairly clear push.

So do we have people seeing things on the Sunday Game when they weren't even picked up on camera?

naka

Guys
Monaghan were the better side but their goal came from a shove which a good referee would have seen.
Moving on hopefully Armagh will learn from the game and develope akin to what happened in 1998 against Derry in clones
As for Monaghan I really hope they can do 2 in a row
Decent people .

macdanger2

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 07, 2014, 10:45:50 PM
Quote from: jmk on July 07, 2014, 10:15:34 PM
You didn't see it in the highlights because there was only 1 camera recording the match and the push had already happened before the camera picked McManus up

Quote from: Throw ball on July 07, 2014, 10:28:05 PM
The camera did not catch it does not mean it did not happen before the camera got there.

Lads, i'm not overly concerned either way, but raised the point about seeing nothing on The Sunday Game primarily because of posts like these:

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 07, 2014, 08:49:06 AM
Only saw the highlights last night and straight away I noticed the push in the back, rewinded back a few times and it was clear as day.

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 07, 2014, 03:01:01 PM
Only saw the highlights as well but looked like a fairly clear push.

So do we have people seeing things on the Sunday Game when they weren't even picked up on camera?

Watched the Sunday game again tonight to have another look at it and I'm fairly sure you can see the left hand on the Armagh player's back just as they come into shot. That combined with the forward movement of the back makes it a fairly clear push for me

Maguire01

Quote from: naka on July 07, 2014, 10:48:29 PM
Guys
Monaghan were the better side but their goal came from a shove which a good referee would have seen.

I wouldn't necessarily be a fan of Duffy, but if he did miss something here, I wouldn't say that makes him a bad ref. If there was a push, it was away from play and some distance from where the ref would have been. If McManus had his hand on the defender's back, then the defender was standing between the ref and any contact. He surely can't be looking everywhere at the same time? It's one thing when a ref misses something blatant in front of his eyes, but it's a bit too easy to criticise him out for something most of us didn't even see on camera.

Main Street

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 07, 2014, 11:06:43 PM
Quote from: naka on July 07, 2014, 10:48:29 PM
Guys

I wouldn't necessarily be a fan of Duffy, but if he did miss something here, I wouldn't say that makes him a bad ref. If there was a push, it was away from play and some distance from where the ref would have been. If McManus had his hand on the defender's back, then the defender was standing between the ref and any contact. He surely can't be looking everywhere at the same time? It's one thing when a ref misses something blatant in front of his eyes, but it's a bit too easy to criticise him out for something most of us didn't even see on camera.
You really have to pause it down, frame by frame to see a slight touch from McManus, possibly causing McEvoy to go forward a cm or 2.
McEvoy had misjudged the flight and was too far forward and McManus had his arm out creating and protecting his own space .

There is no hand on the back rule in GAA. Players are allowed to have contact with their opposition.
The advantage McManus got was so slight that it was not seen as a foul, it was the type of contact  that Francie Bellew would be rolling over in his football retirement grave if he had misjudged the flight of that ball and allowed  McManus to stake and protect an acre of space before catching the ball cleanly.
If such contact was a foul in GAA, a game would be stopped about 300 times,  starting right from the throw in. 

naka

Sorry Main Street we will agree to differ
The ref fked up it was a free and I also thought that toner should have had a penalty
But more importantly good luck in the final