Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: dublinfella on May 15, 2007, 04:59:55 PM
this is hilarious.

obviously their form should be municipal and open to the GAA too  ;D

So you are saying the GAA board should be open to anti GAA Rovers fans yet GAA people should be banned from the Rovers forum, and not even for argueing about Tallaght (which was never mentioned) but for just being a GAA fan?

Dublinfella, maybe you can tell me why I was banned??
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 15, 2007, 05:04:31 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on May 15, 2007, 04:59:55 PM
this is hilarious.

obviously their form should be municipal and open to the GAA too  ;D

So you are saying the GAA board should be open to anti GAA Rovers fans yet GAA people should be banned from the Rovers forum, and not even for argueing about Tallaght (which was never mentioned) but for just being a GAA fan?

Dublinfella, maybe you can tell me why I was banned??

it really bothers you, doesnt it?  ;D

I assume you were banned because you went on and started talking about 'rovers fans abusing disabled people on gaa forums' and they decided you were a loon and pulled the plug.

they have no obligation to allow non-rovers fans and you went in looking for confrontation.

the difference is I am a member of the gaa and my opinion is as valid here as you. hoop could argue he is also a gaa fan. neither of us can say we are rovers ultras so we have no god given right to be there.

imagine how you come across to them. demanding access to their forum too  ::)

Bord na Mona man

The Ultras forum is a strange spot.
Not to get banned, I'd advise adopting the industrial vernacular of uneducated British inner city chimney sweep or docker.
Muse about "Shelbourne filth", "Bohs scum" and tell the GAA to "fcuk off and die" or similar ape like grunting and you'll be grand.

hoop

Quote from: blast05 on May 15, 2007, 05:01:27 PM
The hard questions are always avoided cos the know the simple answer is "We are bigots."
My point below was never addressed either despite repeated attempts to look for a comment, but of course it will be taken out of context now and replied to with some unrelated shite.

Are you still touting a picture of a fully-completed 60,000-seater Italian stadium as an argument for unnecessarily completely botching a much smaller stadium in Tallaght - so that a few GAA games can be played there every year??? Why don't you show this brilliant "evidence" to the South Dublin County Council. I'm sure they would be delighted that you have solved the problem.

And before you claim that your point "was never addressed" maybe you might like to actually read the posts. It was addressed - possibly not at any great length, but that's because your "point" is simply laughable.

Any other nice pictures of stadiums you would like to show us as evidence of something or other?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: dublinfella on May 15, 2007, 05:28:48 PMthe difference is I am a member of the gaa and my opinion is as valid here as you. hoop could argue he is also a gaa fan. neither of us can say we are rovers ultras so we have no god given right to be there.

Stop sniggering down the back there. When you've got an opinion to offer on actual GAA playing matters then maybe you would stand a better chance of passing yourself off as a GAA member. In the meantime stop pissing against the wind.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

blast05

QuoteAre you still touting a picture of a fully-completed 60,000-seater Italian stadium as an argument for unnecessarily completely botching a much smaller stadium in Tallaght - so that a few GAA games can be played there every year??? Why don't you show this brilliant "evidence" to the South Dublin County Council. I'm sure they would be delighted that you have solved the problem.

And before you claim that your point "was never addressed" maybe you might like to actually read the posts. It was addressed - possibly not at any great length, but that's because your "point" is simply laughable.

Any other nice pictures of stadiums you would like to show us as evidence of something or other?

Well i can take this as definitive an answer as i will get so and it basically goes like this:
A 10,000 seater stadium designed using the same principles as those used in the design of a stadium that was redeveloped for the World Cup Final in 1990 and will host the Champions League Final in 2009 would not be good enough for Shamrock Rovers.

his holiness nb

Quote from: dublinfella on May 15, 2007, 05:28:48 PM
I assume you were banned because you went on and started talking about 'rovers fans abusing disabled people on gaa forums' and they decided you were a loon and pulled the plug.

A loon for telling them what YOU did? The "rainman" comment which the mods even removed as it was so offensive?
Are you denying that happened?
Oh but I forgot, you are not a Rovers fan  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And nobody believes you are a GAA fan, thats just bullshit.
Maybe I should have started there by saying I was a Rovers fan  ::)

"Hoop could argue he is a gaa fan"

Now thats the statement of the year!  :D :D :D :D :D

It doesnt bother me that I was banned, its full of scummy bigots anyway.
I just find it amusing that you can justify it given the tolerance shown to you on here.
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

Quote from: blast05 on May 15, 2007, 07:36:20 PM
QuoteAre you still touting a picture of a fully-completed 60,000-seater Italian stadium as an argument for unnecessarily completely botching a much smaller stadium in Tallaght - so that a few GAA games can be played there every year??? Why don't you show this brilliant "evidence" to the South Dublin County Council. I'm sure they would be delighted that you have solved the problem.

Well i can take this as definitive an answer as i will get so and it basically goes like this:
A 10,000 seater stadium designed using the same principles as those used in the design of a stadium that was redeveloped for the World Cup Final in 1990 and will host the Champions League Final in 2009 would not be good enough for Shamrock Rovers.

If Shamrock Rovers were moving into a stadium built to house athletics that line of argument would be relevent. Soccer fits in the middle of athletics stadia.

They arent. They are moving into a purpose built soccer ground. Gaelic games dont fit in the middle of soccer grounds.

And you are dealing with the Italian culture of building facilities for all sports based on demand, in that context soccer clubs sacrifice views for state of the art stadia in prime locations. No-one suing and no-one refusing to share.

Apples and oranges.

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 15, 2007, 07:44:31 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on May 15, 2007, 05:28:48 PM

A loon for telling them what YOU did? The "rainman" comment which the mods even removed as it was so offensive?
Are you denying that happened?
Oh but I forgot, you are not a Rovers fan  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And nobody believes you are a GAA fan, thats just bullshit.
Maybe I should have started there by saying I was a Rovers fan  ::)

"Hoop could argue he is a gaa fan"

Now thats the statement of the year!  :D :D :D :D :D

It doesnt bother me that I was banned, its full of scummy bigots anyway.
I just find it amusing that you can justify it given the tolerance shown to you on here.

It was me you claimed was the 'Rovers fan abusing disabled children'?  ??? No wonder you got lagged for being a random nutter. You really need a hug or something. Get over yourself, you went onto a closed forum for members of a club and stirred it up to play the victim when the inevitible happens. What did you prove? You can get barred. Someone give the monkey a banana.

Maybe you should have stated you were a Rovers fan. On a Rovers forum. Imagine.  ::) Whatever next.

This forum is a generic forum for all GAA supporters. Some here are county players, some are club chairmen, some have never been to a game in their lives. You dont have the right to declare who is or isnt a 'fan' you arrogent tosser.

hoop

Quote from: blast05 on May 15, 2007, 07:36:20 PM

Write it in bold. Write it in red. Write it any way you want - it's still irrelevant waffle.

Get back to me when you have sourced the secret Thomas Davis plans for the stadium. That would be worth talking about.

blast05

QuoteWrite it in bold. Write it in red. Write it any way you want - it's still irrelevant waffle.

Get back to me when you have sourced the secret Thomas Davis plans for the stadium. That would be worth talking about.

Well at least i would give Dublin fella some credit for trying to pen a half decent reply but as for yourself hoop, yet more of the same slurry

QuoteIf Shamrock Rovers were moving into a stadium built to house athletics that line of argument would be relevent. Soccer fits in the middle of athletics stadia.

They arent. They are moving into a purpose built soccer ground. Gaelic games dont fit in the middle of soccer grounds.

And you are dealing with the Italian culture of building facilities for all sports based on demand, in that context soccer clubs sacrifice views for state of the art stadia in prime locations. No-one suing and no-one refusing to share.

Apples and oranges.

dublinfella, re your reply, you full well know that 10 or 20 pages back the argument you guys had was that the stadium would be destroyed for soccer by having it big enough to accomodate GAA matches. It was your relevant line of argument then. Now because a valid point has been made which rubbishes your argument, you change the goalposts. Not for the first time.

Main Street

Quote from: dublinfella on May 15, 2007, 07:54:49 PM
It was me you claimed was the 'Rovers fan abusing disabled children'?  ??? No wonder you got lagged for being a random nutter. You really need a hug or something. Get over yourself, you went onto a closed forum for members of a club and stirred it up to play the victim when the inevitible happens. What did you prove? You can get barred. Someone give the monkey a banana.
Maybe you should have stated you were a Rovers fan. On a Rovers forum. Imagine.  ::) Whatever next.
This forum is a generic forum for all GAA supporters. Some here are county players, some are club chairmen, some have never been to a game in their lives. You dont have the right to declare who is or isnt a 'fan' you arrogent tosser.
Now now, keep the bricks in your pocket, you're not in the pseudo hard man ultra forum now.

Some time ago you wrote this
QuoteI am a member of a club in the area and am furious that TD are willfully and publically setting out to kill another sporting organisation.
I take it that the club you say you are a member of is anything other than a GAA club. You have only one agenda with the GAA.

hoop

Quote from: blast05 on May 15, 2007, 11:02:00 PM
Well at least i would give Dublin fella some credit for trying to pen a half decent reply but as for yourself hoop, yet more of the same slurry

I replied at greater length quite a while ago. Just because you chose to ignore the replies and continue to tout your ludicrous comparison doesn't make it any more relevant.

his holiness nb

[It was me you claimed was the 'Rovers fan abusing disabled children'?  ??? No wonder you got lagged for being a random nutter. You really need a hug or something.

Here we go again with the spin. Why do you have inverted commas around disabled children, when I never mentioned children, I said people, in reference to your "rainman" comments.

Its not arrogance, its blatantly obvious!

you arrogent tosser.

Mods, maybe time for a reminder, Dublinfella seems incapable of posting without an insult, getting out of hand.
Ask me holy bollix

Gaaboardmod3

Alright lads, this topic is causing nearly as much grief as the bloody Hillsborough/Munich/Heysel rubbish that seems to be (thankfully) eradicated from the LFC and MU threads.

Not a day goes by without someone posting something which triggers a 'reported post' and quite frankly I don't think we have the time to be moderating every post. (Maybe Dessie could swing something with the GPA??).

Anyway, if all this rubbish name calling continues, I think we will just lock this thread completely. It's going around in circles. Having said that I do not want that to happen, as there is the basis for an interesting debate on some of the issues around the stadium etc etc, which seems to have come in here.

With that in mind, I am willing to leave the thread open for the time being, but can you please return to normal, adult debate without the stupid personal insults. By all means attack the ideas, or the opinions but please refrain from comments which are personal insults.

Banning is a last resort on here, and will remain that way barring major indiscretions such as those mentioned in the pinned topic on this board.