Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Quote from: johnnycool on September 07, 2021, 10:46:50 AM
Quote from: The Wedger on September 06, 2021, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 06, 2021, 04:50:04 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 06, 2021, 09:45:04 AM
Quote from: hoynevalley on September 05, 2021, 08:46:27 PM
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tanaiste-leo-varadkar-faces-criticism-after-being-pictured-at-uk-music-festival-on-same-weekend-electric-picnic-was-cancelled-40818818.html

Youd wonder has the man any cop on at all or just zero emotional intelligence? Its just so idiotic from him it beggars belief.

It's more likely that he thinks the plebs have zero intelligence, and that's why he treats them with contempt.
For a large section of voters, he is correct to assume that.

There'd be a perception up north that certain families would vote FF and certain ones would vote FG and that would be a generational thing. Would that still be the case or was it never the case?
Both would be deemed middle to right wing minded with FG slightly more rightwing than FF policy wise and at times probably not a lot of difference policy wise and I know FF took a bit of a pasting post the Celtic tiger collapse but seem to have recovered quickly enough.

Are there enough wavering voters to sustain SF's growth in the 26?

I think that generational thing is dead, and only exists for a much older cohort. Personally I can't think of any peers who are glued to one particular party, and I'm heading for forty. I would say I've given first preference votes to at least 4 parties in past 20 years.

Rossfan

Would agree with Shark, the oul " the Kellys were always FF" is dying out among the younger set.
Roscommon/Galway has no TD from either!
If there are still plenty of jobs about in 2025 and people in Cities/big towns/ commuter belts can get houses SF won't be expanding their vote very much.
Health issues don't affect the younger cohorts.
As for Varadkar and Coveney....between gaffes and jobs for the girls....they're not doing themselves any favours.
Coveney has probably blown any chance of ever becoming leader of FG.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Denn Forever

at least wee  have a goverrment.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Franko

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 07, 2021, 02:01:46 PM
at least wee  have a goverrment.

Who clearly need to up their spend on education.

armaghniac

Coveney made a right hames of things, which casts doubt on his competence. However, I don't think he was particularly close to Zappone and that Varadkar was behind her appointment. Coveney just didn't give the matter much thought.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Silver hill

Itchy

So Coveney survives his vote thanks to FF and a load of Independents who are in their pockets covering up croneyism.
McSharry quits FF calling them undemocratic totalitarian regime after refusing a meeting to discuss how they will vote
Best of all Simon Harris gets called out for the sneaky little f**k he is - another senior FG TD leaking information to the media, caught by one of his own back benchers.

I'd say we should be getting ready for an election.

Rossfan

Bitter shinner itchy not happy ;D
Of course all the Government and Government supporting TDs were going to support their man against the shinner stunt.

Main Street

It's a cute hoor stroke to use Dail privilege to out some dastardly deed by Harris so the newspapers can report on the accusation.

When Haughey did sleaze he did it royally, even telling banks to go fck themselves,  we could even have some pride in the class of strokes he pulled off. This Fine Gael sleaze is so petty and the cover-up so pathetic  they're an embarrassment to the nation.
Deleting pertinent texts from a phone, that's even worse than the cat peeded on my homework excuse.
And the coalition gov politicians queuing up to state that this was quite a legitimate and sincere task, to purposefully delete texts in the midst of a red hot, shit-hit-the-fan controversy!!  And in the mayhem, some FG lowlifes see the opportunity to move up the ladder.

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on September 16, 2021, 11:45:18 AM
Bitter shinner itchy not happy ;D
Of course all the Government and Government supporting TDs were going to support their man against the shinner stunt.

I know for a man who votes based on Turf you might not understand the principle of the greater good. But backing corruption and cronyism when it is so blatant, again, is disgusting carry on. They will get their answer on the door step. Thats why McSharry jumped ship, he knows what is coming.

Rossfan

Was breaking every bone in a young man's body for "the greater good"?
Or murdering servants of the State e g Gerry McCabe, Patrick Kelly, Frank Hand etc for the greater good?
You might explain to a poor bog man how those and other murders of State employees were for the greater good?
Also hundreds of bank robberies in this State....
Then there are holiday homes in Donegal and a small farmer from Ballybinaby .... .

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on September 16, 2021, 01:09:31 PM
Or murdering servants of the State e g Gerry McCabe, Patrick Kelly, Frank Hand etc for the greater good?
You might explain to a poor bog man how those and other murders of State employees were for the greater good?
Then there are holiday homes in Donegal and a small farmer from Ballybinaby .... .
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Itchy

What about, what about, what about.....
Maybe tell the turf td your concerns and he will deal with it for you

trueblue1234

The absolute state of this post.  ;D

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit