Laois v Armagh - NFL Round 5 - Sunday 18th March

Started by BennyCake, March 06, 2012, 10:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Hope to head down and make a weekend of it. Don't know much about Portlaoise. Anyone have any recommendations on where to stay, eat, things to do/see etc? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

armaghniac

I know a fellow that has been living in Portlaoise for years and they won't let him leave. Quite right too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ross4life

Stayed in the heritage hotel good spot in the middle of town with decent food. Things to do rock of dunamase or visit the prison.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AFS

Bump.

Sick looking at that other thread. No amount of vitriol or handwringing will undo that tanking, so time to move on.

This game is crucial for all involved. Both sides are probably looking at it as their most winnable game on paper, and the loser will be odds on to go down. Both teams coming off the back of big hidings so it's really anyone's guess what sort of reactions we'll see. Armagh need major surgery in midfield if we're going to get anything, a return for Vernon would be very welcome, along with a much more well organised kick out strategy.

Captain Obvious

Oraisteach

Go directly to Portlaoise Jail. Do nor pass for a goal.  Do not collect 2 points.

Anyone know what station is carrying the match?

borderfox

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Throw ball

Surprising team. No Donaghy or Mackin. Two of our better players of late. And 4 under twenty ones with championship on Wednesday. Hope it works.

harlechman

Why are the U21s being risked ahead of Wednesday's game against Cavan? I think this is a terrible decision, especially in the case of Pete C who has played very little football since his injury. If Vernon is injured then maybe management have a case but this smacks of short termism. I honestly think a good run in the U21s is more important to the long term future of Armagh football than avoiding relegation to Division 2.

naka

Quote from: harlechman on March 16, 2012, 04:38:59 AM
Why are the U21s being risked ahead of Wednesday's game against Cavan? I think this is a terrible decision, especially in the case of Pete C who has played very little football since his injury. If Vernon is injured then maybe management have a case but this smacks of short termism. I honestly think a good run in the U21s is more important to the long term future of Armagh football than avoiding relegation to Division 2.
i have looked at the  remaining panel and would struggle to replace the u-21s that are playing
for what its worth stephen harold should have been drafted in and carragher kept til wednesday nite
i assume that mal, donaghy and vernon are still injured so for the tyrone game we could have at least 10 different players, can only see, mallon,forker, mallon,mckeever and rafferty or anto duffy  come championship
anyway onwards and upwards

armaghniac

Is Michael O Rourke fit. He could be worth a run instead of a younger chap.
This does not fill me with confidence.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

I'd imagine they're at it with that line out, unless there are injuries

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: bennydorano on March 16, 2012, 11:18:57 AM
I'd imagine they're at it with that line out, unless there are injuries

Thought that myself Benny, confuse the old comrade and hope he bites!

Agent Orange