All Ireland Club Senior Semi-Finals

Started by armaghranger12, February 13, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghranger12

Quote from: Onion Bag on February 28, 2012, 01:48:42 PM
All this talk of hearty in goals, i have seen enough of Geoughan throughtout the mc kenna cup and league to date to say that i reckon he will get the nod for the number 1 jersey.
Hearty is so unpredictable at times and has made some howlers, i.e The goal against tyrone last year,

Correct me if im wrong onion bag, but was Geoughan the ballymacnab Goal keeper? Was he not at fault for at least one of the goals in the county final against Cross? And did he not single handily get David Mc Kenna man of the match because he could only kick the ball down the middle of the field and had no variation on the kick outs? He also that day denyed Cross another 3 or 4 goals to his credit.

I think he has the potential to be a good keeper but to say that he 1st choice is away off the mark.  Hearty has a bad blunder against Tyrone last year and Donegal a few years ago but I can also think of game's that he won for both Armagh and Cross down the years.   

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 28, 2012, 03:01:23 PM
All this talk of hearty in goals, i have seen enough of Geoughan throughtout the mc kenna cup and league to date to say that i reckon he will get the nod for the number 1 jersey.
Hearty is so unpredictable at times and has made some howlers, i.e The goal against tyrone last year,

Correct me if im wrong onion bag, but was Geoughan he ballymacnab Goal keeper? Was he not at fault for at least one of the goals in the county final against Cross? And did he not single handily get David Mc Kenna man of the match because he could only kick the ball down the middle of the field and had no variation on the kick outs? He also that day denyed Cross another 3 or 4 goals to his credit.

I think he has the potential to be a good keeper but to say that he 1st choice is away off the mark.  Hearty has a bad blunder against Tyrone last year and Donegal a few years ago but I can also think of game that he won for both Armagh and Cross down the years.

I'll correct you but that was Sean Hughes, who incidentally had a good game that day.  Geoghan is a very goo keeper.

armaghranger12

Im sorry, I do apologise to Sean Hughes and to all connected with my mistake.  cheers Bc1 you the man

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 28, 2012, 03:10:52 PM
Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 28, 2012, 03:01:23 PM

Correct me if im wrong onion bag, but was Geoughan he ballymacnab Goal keeper? Was he not at fault for at least one of the goals in the county final against Cross? And did he not single handily get David Mc Kenna man of the match because he could only kick the ball down the middle of the field and had no variation on the kick outs? He also that day denyed Cross another 3 or 4 goals to his credit.

I think he has the potential to be a good keeper but to say that he 1st choice is away off the mark.  Hearty has a bad blunder against Tyrone last year and Donegal a few years ago but I can also think of game that he won for both Armagh and Cross down the years.

I'll correct you but that was Sean Hughes, who incidentally had a good game that day.  Geoghan is a very goo keeper.

Was'nt there but the nab keeper was many peoples man of the match

Tony Baloney

Kernan's red card stands. Pity for the fella.

Milltown Row2

Don't think it will have any bearing on the game in fairness Tony, When Cross click they will run over the top of this team. Cross minus 3!!

Do a double bet every year, usually comes up, but the hurling game will be tough to call. Did Cross to draw one year, Crokes game happy days Osin!!

Can see the hurling going to a draw as it will be tight.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Christ when you think of some of the yellows issued Stephen Kernan's Red was very very harsh considering he was emptied late by the Crokes man who wasn't even sanctioned.

brokencrossbar1

Big shame for Stephen but you know what happens when someone is given a cause to fight for... ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 02, 2012, 12:18:55 PM
Don't think it will have any bearing on the game in fairness Tony, When Cross click they will run over the top of this team. Cross minus 3!!

Do a double bet every year, usually comes up, but the hurling game will be tough to call. Did Cross to draw one year, Crokes game happy days Osin!!

Can see the hurling going to a draw as it will be tight.
From an overall team perspective I agree but on a personal level it's shit to see someone lose out due to a harsh refereeing decision.

Orchardman

I've never met stephen kernan, but it really annoys me when this happens to a lad, missing the chance to lead his club out in an all ireland final, with 3 other brothers playing. It wouldn't matter that he already has 2 all irelands, i'd be sick as a dog.

The sending off was a joke, the gaa need to wise up. surely this will go to DRA

jodyb

Showed it on the glorious beeb this evening again in slo mo and while there's no question he was not the agressor, he retaliated and clearly boxed the f##ker. Unfortunately for him but it was a sending off offence, provoked or not.  :(

get up there

what a complete joke that this should stand, it was more of a (get off me motion) than a intentional strike, like, paul kerragan got his red card overturned after 2 counts of intent to strike, any paper I've read, both north and south says that it was a dubious sending off, so were is the problem, in fact I've heard nothing else only that it was a harsh sending off from the media, pundits, and players alike, the bigest game off the lads life and  to be cheated out of it like this leaves you very disillusioned with the gaa, some of the bans and fines there dishing out is a disgrace.

Throw ball

Honestly think that the disciplinary board is destroying our game with some of the inconsistency and lunacy of some of the decisions made.

jodyb

Quote from: get up there on March 02, 2012, 09:38:01 PM
what a complete joke that this should stand, it was more of a (get off me motion) than a intentional strike, like, paul kerragan got his red card overturned after 2 counts of intent to strike, any paper I've read, both north and south says that it was a dubious sending off, so were is the problem, in fact I've heard nothing else only that it was a harsh sending off from the media, pundits, and players alike, the bigest game off the lads life and  to be cheated out of it like this leaves you very disillusioned with the gaa, some of the bans and fines there dishing out is a disgrace.

Prior to yeterday evening, I would have agreed with you. When I was watching the game, I was jumpin around the kitchen like a lunatic in bad temper when he got sent off. Unfortunately the footage last night shows a clear box and intent dosen't come into it at that stage. Its clear, if you strike, you walk.

Enda Muldoon reacted in a similar 'get off me' fashion when that sc#mb#g Paddy Campbell grabbed him by the b@lls in 06 (Described as extreme provocation at the time) but his red card regardless of how unjust it was, was not rescinded on appeal.