All Ireland Club Senior Semi-Finals

Started by armaghranger12, February 13, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghranger12

Just taught id start this as where only 5 day away from the games..

In the 1st game I fancy St.Brigid's experience and individual brilliants to be too much for the local neighbours Garrycastle. It's an interesting game as first cousin will be pitting there wits against each other.  With S Kilbride at full-forward they have a real mach winner.

The 2nd game is the one that really catches my eye.  It's a battle of two of the best corner forwards the game has at the minute. The sheer brilliance of the Gooch and the goal getting and eye for a pass of Jamie Clarke.  However don't forget about the Mc Conville and O'Leary on their day also lethal forwards.

I do fancy a repeat of last years final, but wouldn't see it as any upset if it wasn't to occur.

What's the taughts people???? 

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Keane

Looking forward to it. Don't really pay as much attention to the latter stages of this competition as I should usually as Kerry teams are rarely involved but can't wait to see Crokes match up against the mighty Crossmaglen.

ross4life

Two intriguing semi finals disappointing i can't watch both live but that's the GAA for you  ::) I have a feeling we'll get a shock in one of the games, Garrycastle has been the really fairy tale story of this seasons club championship not many would have given them a chance to win leinster but they did beating some fine teams along the way they won't fear there local neighbours i just hope our lads have enough experience to get over the line.

The break probably came at a wrong time for Cross? arguably they look better than last years winning team with more scoring forwards now,Dr Crokes like most kerry sides are a team on a mission would be foolish to write them off.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

bennydorano

Cross keep raising the bar, their change of style to a far more attack minded style of play does mean they could in theory be more porous at the back - no team has got even close to testing out that theory this year however.  I doubt Crokes will be as intimidated by Cross as all the Ulster teams, who seemed to be paralysed this year.  Still hard to see Cross being downed.

brokencrossbar1

No major injuries and no rows for me to make up :P. The big factor I feel for our boys may be that it has been a very long 2 years for this team both on and off the field and it is hard to know if they can go to the reserves again. Crokes have improved game on game and have been playing competitve football up to a few weeks ago so will be match sharp. We have been sluggish and lethargic after Christmas and I don't think we will win. Also fucked off big time as I am ruled out from travelling, BC jnr has a basketball 1/4 final on Saturday morning and I can't see us making it in time. Hopefully get something sorted but aint looking good. Crokes by 3  :'(

yellowcard

Fancy Brigids to edge their game and Crossmaglen to win convincingly.

Onlooker

I am going for a Garrycastle v. Crossmaglen final.

ardchieftain

Cross will be stuffed. Sure, they're over rated and we all know that Armagh teams never beat the mighty kingdom men.   Cross will have no motivation either, sure there's no segregation now
Jamie has been on the piss for months and Oisin must be near 50.
Crokes by 27

that good enough bcb?

johnpower

Cross as defending champs will be favoured I assume hard to know about the other game .

DrinkingHarp

Is the Crokes/Cross match going to be televised?

If not any website streaming it online/radio?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ross4life on February 13, 2012, 05:03:33 PM
Two intriguing semi finals disappointing i can't watch both live but that's the GAA for you  ::) I have a feeling we'll get a shock in one of the games, Garrycastle has been the really fairy tale story of this seasons club championship not many would have given them a chance to win leinster but they did beating some fine teams along the way they won't fear there local neighbours i just hope our lads have enough experience to get over the line.

The break probably came at a wrong time for Cross? arguably they look better than last years winning team with more scoring forwards now,Dr Crokes like most kerry sides are a team on a mission would be foolish to write them off.

They were up there with the favourites r4l, and with Brigids and Portlaoise on the other side of the draw they were tipped to make the final at least. They have been there or thereabouts for the last three years so not a major surprise.

I fear Brigids experience at this level will tip it for them as I don't see much in it. Not looking likely I'll get to go to this. f**king. Raging.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Magicsponge

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on February 14, 2012, 04:43:46 AM
Is the Crokes/Cross match going to be televised?

If not any website streaming it online/radio?

I think it is on TG4, coverage starts at half one and match at 2. I think the Crossmaglen V Dr Crokes match is on live and the Garrycastle V St Brigid's match is deferred

regal

It will be interesting to see who Cross pick to mark (not literally) the gooch - either pkernan or jmorgan I presume? I would love to see jmorgan given the job to see how he gets on. Cross should be too strong with jclarke being the difference.

sheamy

Cross v Crokes game being shown deferred, not live  :D :D :D